Auto refresh screen similar to WRKSYSACT

Rick

Nov 13, 2003, 9:48:03 AM11/13/03
I am trying to create a screen that will do an 'auto-refresh' every 10
seconds, similar to the way WRKSYSACT works. I can get the screen to
auto-refresh by using a DLYJOB and doing a WRITE FormatName, but can't
figure out how to get function keys to work. IE: F3=Exit. Any
ideas....

Miss L. Toe

Nov 13, 2003, 9:52:58 AM11/13/03

"Rick" <rick.wa...@asiwms.com> wrote in message

When I wrote a game on the S/3 I think there was something under CCP called
invite-input that did something like that - dont know what it is called
nowadays :-)

Qwerty

Nov 13, 2003, 10:43:31 AM11/13/03

"Rick" <rick.wa...@asiwms.com> wrote in message
Look at www.google.com "WAITRCD"

Martin Rowe

Nov 13, 2003, 1:38:03 PM11/13/03

Using a data queue attached to the display is a nice & easy method. It
can also allow the user to set the delay interval if required. You can
find some sample code on my site
DSPF: http://www.dbg400.net/download/TESTACT.txt
RPG: http://www.dbg400.net/download/TESTACTIVE.txt

The DSPF uses the record level keyword INVITE and is compiled, or
overridden, to use a data queue (created at run time in QTEMP is fine).
The program writes the DSPF record format(s), then waits on a QRCVDTAQ
call. If an entry is generated by the user pressing Enter or FKey, then
you read the record format(s). Otherwise you skip the read, then reload
and redisplay the screen.

Regards, Martin
--
mar...@dbg400.net AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet http://www.dbg400.net /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open \ /