Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

Skip to the first unread message

Newbie_Neil

23 Apr 2007, 12:54:01 pm23/4/07
Hi all

I just thought I'd post this so that it might help someone else in the
future.

1. When setting up the LP 2844-Z on your PC do not use their driver,
just give it the generic text printer driver.

2. Using notepad copy this ZPL and print it.

~cc%%xa&jus%xz
%XA
%DFAS400T-2%FS
%PR4
%LH0,0%FS
%LL240
%MD0
%MNY
%LH0,0%FS
%FO176,29%A0N,62,53%CI13%FR%FN998%FS
%FO20,26%A0N,48,42%CI13%FR%FDPART NO.%FS
%BY3,3.0%FO85,105%BCN,80,Y,N,N,A%FR%FN998%FS
%FO15,16%GB530,209,4%FS
%XZ
%XA
%XFAS400T-2.ZPL
%FN998%FD$PTNO$%FS
%PQ1,0,1,N
%XZ
%FX

This should have produced a label for you, so you've now proved the
printer works..
NB It will have changed the Karet '^' to '%'.

3. Set up an OUTQ on the AS400.

OUTQ > ZEBRA
> QGPL or any library you wish.
MAXPAGES
*NONE
SEQ *FIFO
RMTSYS *INTNETADR
RMTPRTQ 'portLF1' <<<<<< port in lower case
AUTOSTRWTR 1
MSGQ QSYSOPR
*LIBL
CNNTYPE *IP
DESTTYPE *OTHER
TRANSFORM *YES
MFRTYPMDL *WSCSTCONT132
WSCST QWPDEFAULT
QSYS
IMGCFG *NONE
INTNETADR '192.168.168.79 '
DESTOPT 'XAIX' R440 and later. 'XAUTOQ XAIX' if prior
OS400 release.
SEPPAGE *NO
USRDFNOPT *NONE
USRDFNOBJ
*NONE
USRDRVPGM *NONE

SPLFASP *SYSTEM
TEXT 'Zebra LP 2844-Z
DSPDTA *NO
JOBSEP 0
OPRCTL *YES
DTAQ *NONE
AUTCHK *DTAAUT

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Neil

View Printer Configuration
46A062000218
+10 DARKNESS
+000 TEAR OFF
TEAR OFF PRINT MODE
NON-CONTINUOUS MEDIA TYPE
WEB SENSOR TYPE
DIRECT-THERMAL PRINT METHOD
104 0/8 MM PRINT WIDTH
0620 LABEL LENGTH
39.0IN 988MM MAXIMUM LENGTH
NOT CONNECTED USB COMM.
PARALLEL PARALLEL COMM.
RS232 SERIAL COMM.
9600 BAUD
8 BITS DATA BITS
NONE PARITY
XON/XOFF HOST HANDSHAKE
NONE PROTOCOL
000 NETWORK ID
NORMAL MODE COMMUNICATIONS
<~> 7EH CONTROL PREFIX
<%> 25H FORMAT PREFIX
<,> 2CH DELIMITER CHAR
ZPL II ZPL MODE
CALIBRATION MEDIA POWER UP
CALIBRATION HEAD CLOSE
DEFAULT BACKFEED
+000 LABEL TOP
+0000 LEFT POSITION
079 WEB S.
092 MEDIA S.
050 MARK S.
000 MARK MED S.
070 MEDIA LED
050 RIBBON LED
089 MARK LED
CS MODES ENABLED
.. MODES DISABLED
832 8/MM FULL RESOLUTION
V45.11.7Z <- FIRMWARE
V20.0.0.42 HARDWARE ID
CUSTOMIZED CONFIGURATION
8192.............R: RAM
2816.............E: ONBOARD FLASH
NONE FORMAT CONVERT
TWINAX/COAX ID
FW VERSION IDLE DISPLAY
05/05/37 RTC DATE
00:00 RTC TIME
PERMANENT IP RESOLUTION
ALL IP PROTOCOL
192.168.168.079 IP ADDRESS
255.255.255.000 SUBNET MASK
192.168.168.168 DEFAULT GATEWAY

Print Server Configuration.

General
Serial Number: 2636887
Ethernet Address: 00074D283C57 Cable Type:
10BASET
Speed: 10Mbps Link Status: Good
F/W Version: 7.02 (3111A) Polarity:
Normal

Rx Packets: 397 Tx Packets: 437
Rx Packets Unavailable: 0 Tx Packet Errors: 0
Rx Packet Errors: 0 Tx Packet Retries: 0
Checksum Errors: 0

Error:
NetWare: None
TCP/IP: None

NetWare (ENABLED)
Mode: Unknown

Print Server Name: ZBR2636887

SAP Interval: 1 Minute
Frame Format: Ethernet 802.3
Trap Destination: 00.00.00.00 : 00.00.00.00.00.00

TCP/IP (ENABLED)
System Name: ZBR1111111 <<<<<< This will be your
serial number.
Web Address: http://192.168.168.79
IP Address: 192.168.168.79
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.168.168
Timeout Checking: Disabled
Trap Destination(s): 255.255.255.255

JetAdmin (ENABLED)

Port Configuration
Name: P1
Printer Status: Online
Language Switching: Off
Bidirectional Communication: Enabled
Connected To: printer - ZTC LP2844-
Z-200dpi
Printer Panel Display:
Error: None

Newbie_Neil

24 Apr 2007, 5:04:49 am24/4/07
I don't know whether it's peculiar to the LP 2844-Z, but it didn't
work on the AS400 until the Karet was changed from '^' to '%'.

Cheers
Neil

Jonathan Bailey

25 Apr 2007, 5:10:10 am25/4/07

No - its just plain peculiar. Our zebra printers of model 160S
attached though a jet network box require a cent sign (at least on my
screen it appears as a small c with a line through) & we cant print
pound signs. (Thats the fancy L we use for currency in the UK) It may
just be a codepage problem but its too late now - all the programs etc
have been coded & theres no going back for us. I think I did fix the
caret once in test by adjusting codepages but the other live outqs
were already setup & so no change. In our manual there is a command to
change the caret eg ^CC% so future comands require a leading %. Just
the opposite for you. I couldnt find an escape char so if I send
strings with the caret it fails miserably, although the users dont
know how to enter a cent sign - yet.

Jonathan.

Newbie_Neil

27 Apr 2007, 6:17:22 am27/4/07
Hi Johnathan

All you have to do is to send it down as hex.

11 '%FO20,10%AD'
28 '%FH%FD_9C£££$$%FS'

This was a test we ran successfully yesterday.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil

30 Apr 2007, 6:14:12 am30/4/07
Hi all

I thought my previous post might have been confusing, so this is the
code used for printing a pound sign: -

%FO20,10%AD'%FH%FD_9C%FS

HTH.

Cheers
Neil

Jonathan Bailey

30 Apr 2007, 8:18:49 am30/4/07

Thanks - Will try later. - but its a pain to have to scan each product
description & may not make it into production.

Jonathan.

martind...@gmail.com

17 July 2016, 8:19:00 pm17/7/16
Got it to work thanks