TVM

John Dodge

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00

Does anyone know where I can get the TVM software (Time Value of Money)
for my 48g? Id rather get the programs for my 48 than buy the hp 10b
for a finance class Im taking...

-thanks
joh...@tamu.edu

Nate Eldredge

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
John Dodge <joh...@tamu.edu> writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get the TVM software (Time Value of Money)
> for my 48g? Id rather get the programs for my 48 than buy the hp 10b
> for a finance class Im taking...

It's built in. Right-shift SOLVE and scroll down to Solve Finance.

--

Nate Eldredge
neld...@hmc.edu

John H Meyers

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
to John Dodge
John Dodge <joh...@tamu.edu>:

> Does anyone know where I can get the TVM software
> (Time Value of Money) for my 48g?

Type TVM, press ENTER
(or green SOLVE -> Solve finance)

Where did <http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=157104433> go?
("Re: Business functions" 1996/05/28 - had an IRR solver in it)

Here it is from my HP49G:

%%HP: T(3)F(.); @ \-> is right-arrow, etc.
DIR @ Directory: name1 \<<program1\>> name2 object2 etc.
NEW \<< 0. VARL STO TVM \>> @ new TVM problem (zero everything)
SOLVR TVM @ return to solver
PURG \<< VARL { I BEG } + PURGE 2. MENU \>> @ purge everything
CFLO @ sub-directory for IRR
DIR
IRR% \<< PROOT OBJ\-> EVAL \->LIST 1. SWAP + 1.
\<< IF DUP IM THEN DROP ELSE RE DUP 0. \<= { DROP } IFT END
\>> DOLIST 1. - 1. DUP % / TAIL \>>
NPV \<< 1. % 1. ADD INV SWAP REV SWAP PEVAL \>>
NFV \<< 1. % 1. ADD PEVAL \>>
M\<-\->L \<< AXL \>> @ HP49 only
REV \<< ARRY\-> EVAL \->LIST REVLIST LIST\-> \->ARRY \>> @ vector
POLY \<< 77. MENU \>>
END
VARL { PYR FV PMT PV I%YR N }
END @ end of directory

How to solve IRR%:

[ -6. 5. 4. 3. ] cash flows (initial and subsequent periodic)
Press IRR% to get { 50. } (this means only one solution, 50%)

[ -6. 5. 4. 3. ] 45. (press NPV to get npv for 45%)

Use only vectors [ single square brackets ] for cash flows

Here is something still available, about more finance apps:
<http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=360304759>

> I'd rather get the programs for my 48 than buy the hp 10b

I'd rather get a workstation, but all anyone would give me is a calc :(

With best wishes from: John H Meyers <jhme...@mum.edu>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.