HP49 : miniwriter ?

Fabrox

Jun 21, 2002, 5:14:18 PM6/21/02
I'm looking for a library similar to the miniwriter for hp48.
Miniwriter (for HP48) has got very little fonts and commands to search
text and also copy&paste.
I've looked at http://www.hpcalc.org but I didn't find anything like
that... any suggestions ?

I saw that the built in text editor of hp49 has got large fonts, is
there a way to change fonts as I like, to make them smaller ?

I saw that the built text viewer of hp49 hasn't got the search text
command that I need...

Thanks for help !!

Fabrox

Jean-Yves Avenard

Jun 22, 2002, 11:37:20 AM6/22/02
Hello

"Fabrox" <fabr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm looking for a library similar to the miniwriter for hp48.
> Miniwriter (for HP48) has got very little fonts and commands to search
> text and also copy&paste.
> I've looked at http://www.hpcalc.org but I didn't find anything like
> that... any suggestions ?

Glad you liked the miniwriter.

The HP49 editor can be set-up to use small fonts just as the minieditor. It
has much more functions and features than the minieditor (except maybe the
ability to edit the clipboard)

Jean-Yves

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Jun 22, 2002, 4:53:37 PM6/22/02
Hmmm.. is there a swap with the clipboard available?
One could select the whole text, swap with the clipboard,
edit, select everything again and swap back!
VP
PS: Greyscale graphics inserts added to the build-in editor?
(emacs is the programmers editor)

"Jean-Yves Avenard" <jean...@NOavenard.SPAMorg> wrote in message

Fabrox

Jun 23, 2002, 7:14:54 AM6/23/02
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:37:20 +1000, "Jean-Yves Avenard"
<jean...@NOavenard.SPAMorg> wrote:

>Glad you liked the miniwriter.

Hi Jean !
I have been using it since years !
harder to learn than string writer, but amazing :-)
I've a little question about your miniwriter :
viewing a large string (for example 80 kb or even 120 kb), miniwriter
says "insufficient memory".
I tried to put the string in the first line and then to purge the
string variable to free memory.
What's the largest string file I can view using miniwriter in a
standard hp48gx ?

>The HP49 editor can be set-up to use small fonts just as the minieditor. It
>has much more functions and features than the minieditor (except maybe the
>ability to edit the clipboard)

I'll try that !
Bye, have a nice day !!

Fabrox

Fabrox

Jun 23, 2002, 11:03:24 AM6/23/02
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:37:20 +1000, "Jean-Yves Avenard"
<jean...@NOavenard.SPAMorg> wrote:

>> I'm looking for a library similar to the miniwriter for hp48.
>> Miniwriter (for HP48) has got very little fonts and commands to search
>> text and also copy&paste.
>> I've looked at http://www.hpcalc.org but I didn't find anything like
>> that... any suggestions ?
>
>Glad you liked the miniwriter.
>
>The HP49 editor can be set-up to use small fonts just as the minieditor. It
>has much more functions and features than the minieditor (except maybe the
>ability to edit the clipboard)

Hi !
I've understood how to change fonts using MODE button, there's the
small fonts options there.

I'm using the EDITB command ... using small fonts it's similar to
Stringwriter for hp48.

- how can I get full screen for text ?
- how can I copy and paste text inside of the EDITB window ?

Fabrox

Fabrox

Jun 23, 2002, 11:03:24 AM6/23/02
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:53:37 +0300, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen"
<DROP...@welho.com> wrote:

>Hmmm.. is there a swap with the clipboard available?
>One could select the whole text, swap with the clipboard,
>edit, select everything again and swap back!
>VP
>PS: Greyscale graphics inserts added to the build-in editor?
> (emacs is the programmers editor)

Excuse me : what does "emacs" exactly do ?
Can I use it as the software I'm looking for ?

Fabrox

Jean-Yves Avenard

Jun 23, 2002, 6:49:24 PM6/23/02

> Hi Jean !
> I have been using it since years !
> harder to learn than string writer, but amazing :-)
> I've a little question about your miniwriter :
> viewing a large string (for example 80 kb or even 120 kb), miniwriter
> says "insufficient memory".

Thank you for that!
The miniwriter is using a new copy of the object to be edited. So typically,
when editing a string of X KB, you need at least X KB of free memory.
Miniwriter itself uses only a few hundred bytes to operate

Jean-Yves

Carsten Dominik

Jun 24, 2002, 8:36:41 AM6/24/02

JA> The HP49 editor can be set-up to use small fonts just as the
JA> minieditor. It has much more functions and features than the
JA> minieditor (except maybe the ability to edit the clipboard)

... which could be implemented easily enough:

EQU Clipboard! 2A085
EQU Clipboard@ 2A095
EQU Clipboard? 2A0B5
EQU RunInNewContext 0B954
::
"Clipboard:" (Title string for editing)
Clipboard? (is there anything on the clip?)
ITE
Clipboard@ (if yes, Recall the clip to the stack)
NULL$ (...else: start with empty string)
ROMPTR 6FE 3D (Stable Emacs rompointer which starts a secondary editor)
NOT?SEMI (Cancel was pressed: exit)
Clipboard! (Store the changed string to the clipboard)
;

If you don't have Emacs on the calculator, replace ROMPTR 6FE 3D with:

ONE ZEROZEROZERO
MenuDef@ MenuRow@
TRUE ZERO
' InputLine
RunInNewContext

... or something along those lines.

- Carsten

Carsten Dominik

Jun 24, 2002, 8:42:11 AM6/24/02

F> - how can I get full screen for text ?

Use STARTED and EXITED variables with
\<< 0. \->HEADER \>>
and
\<< 2. \->HEADER \>>
respectively.

F> - how can I copy and paste text inside of the EDITB window ?

Use the BEGIN END COPY CUT PASTE functions which are all on
rightshifted keys left of the arrow keys.

- Carsten

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Jun 25, 2002, 7:31:09 AM6/25/02
emacs is THE programmers editor for the 49G calc
it nicely integrates with a lot of other SysRPL stuff.
Download it and read the docs, then try it out!
http://zon.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/hpcalc/
You should also download the extable2
If you want to use mnemonics eg. names for the SysRPL entries

VPN - using both emacs & build-in & TGV & WinHP

"Fabrox" <fabr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Jun 25, 2002, 7:33:37 AM6/25/02
Just to add to this:
You could disable UNDO and LASTARG and even Command memory
69 MENU
STK, ARG, CMD

VPN

"Jean-Yves Avenard" <jean...@NOavenard.SPAMorg> wrote in message

Fabrox

Jun 25, 2002, 5:09:00 PM6/25/02
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:33:37 +0300, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen"
<DROP...@welho.com> wrote:

>Just to add to this:
>You could disable UNDO and LASTARG and even Command memory
>69 MENU
>STK, ARG, CMD

I did it with HP49, it seemed to allow much more memory to load big
strings.

Fabrox

Fabrox

Jun 25, 2002, 5:09:01 PM6/25/02
On 24 Jun 2002 14:42:11 +0200, Carsten Dominik
<dominik@_DROP_THIS_science.uva.nl> wrote:

>F> - how can I get full screen for text ?
>
>Use STARTED and EXITED variables with
>\<< 0. \->HEADER \>>
>and
>\<< 2. \->HEADER \>>
>respectively.

Thanks a lot !!

>F> - how can I copy and paste text inside of the EDITB window ?
>
>Use the BEGIN END COPY CUT PASTE functions which are all on
>rightshifted keys left of the arrow keys.

I discovered it yesterday : greatly useful in hp49 !!
(and it's possible to paste anywhere even outside of the "mother
string")

-------------------------

One more question : Automatic Linefeed
do you know how avoid that a string made by long lines goes out of the
screen (on the right) ?

I found 2 ways :
1 ) creating the texts from Microsoft Word and choosing the maximum
line lenght = 33
then save as TXT and transfert them on calculator hp49

2 ) I made a program on hp48/49 that inserts a null character after 33
characters... but my program is not so clever and needs to divide the
large string in substrings...
lots of time and memory needed in the process.

Better suggestions ?

Fabrox

Carsten Dominik

Jun 26, 2002, 2:17:43 AM6/26/02

F> One more question : Automatic Linefeed
F> do you know how avoid that a string made by long lines goes out of the
F> screen (on the right) ?

F> I found 2 ways :
F> 1 ) creating the texts from Microsoft Word and choosing the maximum
F> line lenght = 33
F> then save as TXT and transfert them on calculator hp49

F> 2 ) I made a program on hp48/49 that inserts a null character after 33
F> characters... but my program is not so clever and needs to divide the
F> large string in substrings...
F> lots of time and memory needed in the process.

There is no way to make automatic linefeed while you type the text in
the built-in editor.

If you only want to look at the text, you can use the command SCROLL
which will wrap lines to 33 characters before display.

For use in the Editor, you can reformat text to fit on the screen. If
you have Emacs installed. just select the text you want to have
reformatted (with BEGIN and END), and use the Emacs meta command Q,
i.e. press

Meta (in the menu installed by RPLED/Emacs)
Q (to do the reformatting)
ENTER (to leave Meta mode again)

If you want to have the paragraph indented, just make sure the BEGIN
mark of the block has the right indentation. See the Emacs
documentation for more.

If you need this command frequently, you can get it into the
RPLED/Emacs menu by storing

{ { "WRAP" "|Q" } }

into a variable 'emacs' in your HOME directory. The Emacs menu will
then contain a forth page with this command. More details again in
the Emacs docs.

If you are looking for a program to automatically wrap a given string
to a given width, you can use a SystemRPL entry which is very fast.
It replaces SPACE by NEWLINE at appropriate places. The following
System RPL program takes a string and a real width, it returns the
modified string.

::
CK2&Dispatch
49
::
SWAP TOTEMPOB SWAP (Make a new copy of the string)
COERCE (Convert real to BINT)
FPTR 3 9A (The built-in line wrapper.)
;
;

Making a new copy of the string is necessary because the FPTR works
directly on the string, without making a copy first.

If you are not into writing System RPL programs, you can use:

\<<
SWAP
IF TYPE 2. == THEN @ check if string
NEWOB SWAP
R~SB @ requires library 256 attached
#9A003 FLASHEVAL
ELSE
SWAP
514. DOERR @ error if not string
END
\>>

Hope this helps.

- Carsten

Carsten Dominik

Jun 26, 2002, 4:53:23 AM6/26/02

There is a DUP missing just before the TYPE in the program below.

- Carsten

CD> \<<
CD> SWAP
CD> IF TYPE 2. == THEN @ check if string
CD> NEWOB SWAP
CD> R~SB @ requires library 256 attached
CD> #9A003 FLASHEVAL
CD> ELSE
CD> SWAP
CD> 514. DOERR @ error if not string
CD> END
CD> \>>

CD> Hope this helps.

CD> - Carsten

Fabrox

Jun 26, 2002, 10:10:31 AM6/26/02
On 26 Jun 2002 08:17:43 +0200, Carsten Dominik
<dominik@_DROP_THIS_science.uva.nl> wrote:

>There is no way to make automatic linefeed while you type the text in
>the built-in editor.
>
>If you only want to look at the text, you can use the command SCROLL
>which will wrap lines to 33 characters before display.

Yes, I did the same using VIEW command.

>For use in the Editor, you can reformat text to fit on the screen. If
>you have Emacs installed. just select the text you want to have
>reformatted (with BEGIN and END), and use the Emacs meta command

I'll try !

>If you are not into writing System RPL programs, you can use:
>
>\<<
> SWAP
> IF TYPE 2. == THEN @ check if string
> NEWOB SWAP
> R~SB @ requires library 256 attached
> #9A003 FLASHEVAL
> ELSE
> SWAP
> 514. DOERR @ error if not string
> END
>\>>

I tried to load this in EMU 49 but it gave me a strange sintax error
highlighting "IF" ... I retry later.

>Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for this kind and interesting explanation !!
Have a nice day ! :-)

Fabrox

Jean-Yves Avenard

Jun 26, 2002, 9:25:55 PM6/26/02
Hello

"Carsten Dominik" <dominik@_DROP_THIS_science.uva.nl> wrote in message

> There is no way to make automatic linefeed while you type the text in
> the built-in editor.

Well, there was a way, but I removed it. It made things too complicated when
I was pasting a string as adding one character or doing PASTE are both
calling CMD_PLUS.

> If you only want to look at the text, you can use the command SCROLL
> which will wrap lines to 33 characters before display.

If you have a string on the stack, you can use an entry point for it:
FLASHPTR StrCutNchr

^StrCutNchr is 9A003
StrCutNchr works directly on the string, so you may have to make a new copy
of the object.

Which takes a BINT n telling how large the screen is (like 33 characters).
If you have a word of more n characters, then it won't be cut, as StrCutNchr
will only replace a space with a carriage return.

If you want this to happen, then you have to use
FLASHPTR StrCutNchr2
^StrCutNchr2 is 9B003
which will cut anything after n characters

Both entries are really fast.

> Meta (in the menu installed by RPLED/Emacs)
> Q (to do the reformatting)
> ENTER (to leave Meta mode again)

Almos the same key sequence as Just like in the original Emacs, that's cool
!

> If you are looking for a program to automatically wrap a given string
> to a given width, you can use a SystemRPL entry which is very fast.
> It replaces SPACE by NEWLINE at appropriate places. The following
> System RPL program takes a string and a real width, it returns the
> modified string.

I should have read your message more carefully before answering.

Jean-Yves

Carsten Dominik

Jun 27, 2002, 3:44:33 AM6/27/02

Hello

JA> Well, there was a way, but I removed it. It made things too
JA> complicated when I was pasting a string as adding one character or
JA> doing PASTE are both calling CMD_PLUS.

Interesting. In the mean time, I thought, one can of course assign a
command to the SPC key which will do the wrapping if necessary, So it
can be done - I'll try it.

JA> If you want this to happen, then you have to use
JA> FLASHPTR StrCutNchr2
JA> ^StrCutNchr2 is 9B003
JA> which will cut anything after n characters

I did not know this entry. Very useful. However, I cannot get it to
work. Is the stack diagram different?

JA> Both entries are really fast.

>> Meta (in the menu installed by RPLED/Emacs)
>> Q (to do the reformatting)
>> ENTER (to leave Meta mode again)

JA> Almost the same key sequence as Just like in the original Emacs,
JA> that's cool !

Nice that you notice. If you press Meta a bit longer, you don't even
need the ENTER. Meta long enters meta mode for only a single
command.

JA> I should have read your message more carefully before answering.

Well we learned about ^StrCutNchr2, so it is good that you first
replied and then read :-)

- Carsten

Wolfgang Rautenberg

Jun 27, 2002, 5:48:37 AM6/27/02
Carsten Dominik wrote:

Jean-Yves Avenard writes:
> > Almost the same key sequence as Just like in the original Emacs,
> > that's cool !

> Nice that you notice. If you press Meta a bit longer, you don't even
> need the ENTER. Meta long enters meta mode for only a single command.

Carsten, you forget that JYA is operating his emulator. His
real 49 is probably lost or some pretty girl has got it :-)
On his emulator, longhold does scarcely work ...

- Wolfgang

Jean-Yves Avenard

Jun 27, 2002, 8:32:35 PM6/27/02

> Interesting. In the mean time, I thought, one can of course assign a
> command to the SPC key which will do the wrapping if necessary, So it
> can be done - I'll try it.

The way it was working before was just cutting the word, no nice word
wrapping. Very simple really.

> I did not know this entry. Very useful. However, I cannot get it to
> work. Is the stack diagram different?

It is.. Sorry for that:
****
* Purpose: Put carriage return instead of space in order to avoid lines
* of more than n chr. Cut words of more than n chr on two lines
* The output is no more than Nb lines max lines
* Input: 3: String
* 2: # chr max per line
* 1: # lines max
* Output: 2: Modified string
* 1: # of cr in the string

Jean-Yves

Fabrox

Jun 29, 2002, 11:39:45 AM6/29/02
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:32:35 +1000, "Jean-Yves Avenard"
<jean...@NOavenard.SPAMorg> wrote:

>> I did not know this entry. Very useful. However, I cannot get it to
>> work. Is the stack diagram different?
>
>It is.. Sorry for that:
>****
>* Purpose: Put carriage return instead of space in order to avoid lines
>* of more than n chr. Cut words of more than n chr on two lines
>* The output is no more than Nb lines max lines
>* Input: 3: String
>* 2: # chr max per line
>* 1: # lines max
>* Output: 2: Modified string
>* 1: # of cr in the string

Hi !

I can't get that work (me too):

I tried for example in the HP49 ...

"1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890"
<<FLASHPTR StrCutNchr2>>

(as you suggested in the thread)

I obtained:
"1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890"
'FLASHPTR'
'StrCutNchr2'

So I guess I need a step by step easy procedure :-)

Thanks !!

Fabrox

Fabrox

Jun 29, 2002, 11:39:46 AM6/29/02
On 26 Jun 2002 10:53:23 +0200, Carsten Dominik
<dominik@_DROP_THIS_science.uva.nl> wrote:

Hi !
I tried :

"1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 "
<<
SWAP
IF DUP TYPE 2. == THEN
NEWOB SWAP
R~SB

#9A003 FLASHEVAL
ELSE
SWAP
514. DOERR

END

The hp49 says "invalid syntax" (highlighting 9A003)

The hp48 doesn't even accept this program in the stack
and says "invalid syntax" (enlighting 9A003)

The simple program I made some time ago was this, it works but it
really needs too many resources and time for big files. it's not a
wrap because words are cut .
In a string S , it inserts a new line after a number C (example 33))

« --> S C
« 1 S SIZE
FOR I
S I I C 1
- + SUB
"
"
+ C
STEP 1 S SIZE C
/ IP
FOR I +
NEXT
»
»

Fabrox

Jean-Yves Avenard

Jun 30, 2002, 11:30:07 AM6/30/02

> "1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890"
> <<FLASHPTR StrCutNchr2>>
>
> (as you suggested in the thread)

Did I suggest that ? I doubt it.

First of all, StrCutNchr2 takes two arguments on the stack (refer to my
Then you have to cal StrCutNchr2 with FLASHEVAL (as it's a flashpointer) for
the value of FLASHEVAL again look at my previous post.

After re-reading this post, I guess I should give a step by step procedure:
256 ATTACH (to access the R~SB command)
33 R~SB
100000000 R~SB (should be enough)
#9B003h FLASHEVAL

When looking at your previous post, if you got an invalid syntax after
FLASHEVAL it's because you're probably in decimal mode, and you should be in
HEX mode. That's why you have the little h in #9B003h , it tells the compier
that it's a hex number even if you're in decimal mode.

You should read the manual to get familiar with some basic configuration
problems

Jean-Yves

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Jun 30, 2002, 5:52:59 PM6/30/02
> You should read the manual to get familiar with some basic configuration
> problems
Manual? What manual? I still haven't figured out all the CAS flags yet
and I have been using this beast day out day in for almost three years.
I'm also quite familiar with the "old" flags of the 48 series and I got the
old
manuals, which are pretty good, I have them on my desk now since
I'm gonna re-read them all over just one more time.
Bill's books are the best (not Gates - Wickes) and the Urroz are good, too.
So I propose that at least one of the v'ger team members should write
a book of the internals. The best person for the job just might be...
"Captain" Jean-Yves "Gherkin" Avenard.
Will you? There are only 12 months to the 2003 summer and GPL 4 OS.
AND
I think that Professor Bernard Parisse is too busy with his xcas.
As an educator he would be the best and ofcourse there are some other guys
from the team like HPmad, Warlock, BouHP, Mark, Mika, Ray,...
who could contribute at least the history part of the book.
How about it JYA? Will you write a Wickes-style book of the 49 innards?
VPN

Fabrox

Jul 1, 2002, 3:04:20 AM7/1/02
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:30:07 +1000, "Jean-Yves Avenard"
<jean...@NOSPAMavenard.PLEASEorg> wrote:

>First of all, StrCutNchr2 takes two arguments on the stack (refer to my
>Then you have to cal StrCutNchr2 with FLASHEVAL (as it's a flashpointer) for
>the value of FLASHEVAL again look at my previous post.
>
>After re-reading this post, I guess I should give a step by step procedure:
>256 ATTACH (to access the R~SB command)
>33 R~SB
>100000000 R~SB (should be enough)
>#9B003h FLASHEVAL
>
>When looking at your previous post, if you got an invalid syntax after
>FLASHEVAL it's because you're probably in decimal mode, and you should be in
>HEX mode. That's why you have the little h in #9B003h , it tells the compier
>that it's a hex number even if you're in decimal mode.
>
>You should read the manual to get familiar with some basic configuration
>problems

Hi Jean-Yves,
thanks again for trying to explain but I admit that these are high
topics for my limited knowledge of hp48-49 world :-)

You said :

"If you have a string on the stack, you can use an entry point for it:
FLASHPTR StrCutNchr
^StrCutNchr is 9A003
StrCutNchr works directly on the string, so you may have to make a new
copy of the object."

That's why I tried to write a string and then I tried to exceute
<<FLASHPTR StrCutNchr>>.

Anyway, I have solved my problem using Microsoft Word, saving a file
with the correct width and I have made again the transfert from pc.

Bye, have a nice day !.

Fabrox

Carsten Dominik

Jul 1, 2002, 4:28:19 AM7/1/02
fabr...@hotmail.com (Fabrox) wrote in message news:<3d1e986...@powernews.inwind.it>...

> Hi !
> I tried :
>
> "1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 "
> <<
> SWAP
> IF DUP TYPE 2. == THEN
> NEWOB SWAP
> R~SB
> #9A003 FLASHEVAL
> ELSE
> SWAP
> 514. DOERR
> END
> >>

> The hp49 says "invalid syntax" (highlighting 9A003)

Your calculator is probably not in HEX mode. Change

#9A003

#9A003h

i.e. append a lower-case "h" to he number.

> In a string S , it inserts a new line after a number C (example 33))

> [....]

Yes, for a long sting this program will be slow. The program using
the flasheval above is a lot faster since it does not cut the string
into many pieces. Instead, it replaces SPACE with NEWLINE where needed.

- Carsten

Carsten Dominik

Jul 1, 2002, 4:45:06 AM7/1/02

CD> fabr...@hotmail.com (Fabrox) wrote in message news:<3d1e986...@powernews.inwind.it>...

>> Hi !
>> I tried :
>>
>> "1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 "
>> <<
>> SWAP
>> IF DUP TYPE 2. == THEN
>> NEWOB SWAP
>> R~SB
>> #9A003 FLASHEVAL
>> ELSE
>> SWAP
>> 514. DOERR
>> END
>> >>

>> The hp49 says "invalid syntax" (highlighting 9A003)
>>

CD> Your calculator is probably not in HEX mode. Change

CD> #9A003

CD> #9A003h

CD> i.e. append a lower-case "h" to he number.

Also, the program expects the formatting width on the stack, so your
arguments should be

"1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 "

33

- Carsten

Carsten Dominik

Jul 1, 2002, 5:10:30 AM7/1/02

JA> Well, there was a way, but I removed it. It made things too
JA> complicated when I was pasting a string as adding one character or
JA> doing PASTE are both calling CMD_PLUS.

CD> Interesting. In the mean time, I thought, one can of course assign a
CD> command to the SPC key which will do the wrapping if necessary, So it
CD> can be done - I'll try it.

OK, here is the AUTOWRAP program. Quite simple because the
CutStrWidth entry does the hard work.

Assign this program to the SPACE and/or ALPHA SPACE keys. User flag
96 toggles autowrap on and off. The program automatically adapts the
wrapping width to the font (system or mini). Whenever you press the
space key it checks if the line is too long, and wraps it if necessary.
Words are not cut in the middle, but wrapping proceeds orderly at
SPACE characters only.

Thanks to JY for information about the CURSOR_OFF and FIRSTC@ entries.

::
TakeOver (execute in edit mode)
CHR_Space CMD_PLUS (insert a space character)
96 TestUserFlag NOT?SEMI (is autowarp on?)
73 SysITE 33 22 (wrapping width dependent on edit font)
CURSOR_OFF FIRSTC@ #+ (current cursor column)
OVER#< caseDROP (exit if line is short)
RCL_CMD_POS (current position)
CMD_DEB_LINE RCL_CMD_POS (beginning of line position)
CMD_STO_DEBUT CMD_STO_FIN (make line the current selection)
CMD_COPY.SBR (copy selection to stack)
SWAP FPTR 3 9A (wrap selection to width)
CMD_CUT CMD_PLUS (replace selection)
;
@

CD> - Carsten

Jean-Yves Avenard

Jul 1, 2002, 7:01:36 PM7/1/02

> OK, here is the AUTOWRAP program. Quite simple because the
> CutStrWidth entry does the hard work.

Why change the name of the entry points ?
StrCutNchr >

> Thanks to JY for information about the CURSOR_OFF and FIRSTC@ entries.

Please note that the *real* name of CURSOR_OFF should be CURSOR_OFFSET, and
has nothing to do with turning off the cursor

Jean-Yves