49G: FONTX renames & renumbers fonts

1 view

Joseph K. Horn

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
FONTX, a font renamer & renumberer for the HP49G, by Joe Horn.

Be sure to do 256 ATTACH before keying this in (or sending it by wire).

%%HP: T(3)A(R)F(.);
@ FONTX by Joe Horn, 25 Nov 1999.
@ An HP49G font renamer & renumberer.
\<< DUP
IF TYPE 30. -
THEN "Not A Font"
DOERR
END # 2A2Ch SB~B
# 5AB3h SYSEVAL DUP
NUM SWAP DUP 2 2 SUB
NUM R\->I OVER 4 OVER 3
3 SUB NUM 3 + SUB ROT
OVER SIZE 5 + OVER
SIZE SUB UNROT
"

Font Name:" SWAP {
\Ga } + INPUT 1 255 SUB
"

Font ID (0-255):"
ROT \->STR { V } +
INPUT OBJ\-> 4 ROLL CHR
SWAP CHR + OVER SIZE
CHR + SWAP DUP SIZE
CHR + + SWAP +
# 2BCCh SB~B # 5AB3h
SYSEVAL
\>>

BYTES: #3B1Dh 332.0

INSTRUCTIONS:

Put any HP49G font (not a mini-font) on the stack and run FONTX.

FONTX will display the font's name. Edit it (or leave it the same) then
press ENTER.

FONTX will then display the font's ID number. Edit it (or leave it the
same) then press ENTER.

The font's name and ID will be changed to the ones that you specified,
and the new font will be returned to the stack. If you merely pressed
ENTER at both inputs, the font will remain unchanged.

Notes: Name length must be between 0 and 255, inclusive. If you type a
name that's too long, only the first 255 characters will be used.

Font ID numbers must be between 0 and 255, inclusive. Inputs above 255
are wrapped around (mod 256). Negative inputs are treated as 0.
It's a good idea for all your installed fonts to have different ID's,
because fonts with shared ID's can't be used simultaneously.

Jean-Yves said something about "240 different fonts" once. Does this
mean that ID's should only go from 0 to 239? There isn't enough memory
for 240 simultaneously installed fonts...

Don't abort the program while it's running; just let it finish and then
press UNDO if you wish to revert to the original input.

Suggestions for improvements are requested. Actually, wouldn't it be
nice if the built-in font editor allowed changing the name and ID? I'd
gladly give up the ECHO1 key for that functionality...

-Joe-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Georg Zotti

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Joseph K. Horn <joe...@jps.net> wrote:
: FONTX, a font renamer & renumberer for the HP49G, by Joe Horn.
Thanks for this one!

: Suggestions for improvements are requested. Actually, wouldn't it be

: nice if the built-in font editor allowed changing the name and ID? I'd
: gladly give up the ECHO1 key for that functionality...

There's always a NXT menu page! I also miss this option. It might be
on ACO's further TODO list...

Question: is there some <string> <font> ->GROB command?
Question2: Is there a way to define a Font in SysRPL with GNU Tools?

--
Georg Zotti
e912...@student.tuwien.ac.at

Buchan Milne

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Veering off the topic ....

Is there any way to get the built-in fonts off the calc in a PC compatible
format ie GROB, gif, bmp, tiff .... etc..

I was wanting to replace the font in my winamp skin (which uses a 6 pixel
high font) with the system font 7, which is ideal. I just need to get it
off. Unfortunatel the 2 UFL fonts are the wrong sizes, 1 too small, 2 too
big, but at least I could access them !

Buchan

--
Buchan Milne B.Eng(Mech) - final year
HP48GX, HP49G, Sharp EL-556D

Jean-Yves Avenard

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Hello Joe.

The font numbering is effectively limited to 244. The reason is the way a
font in the command line is called.

The syntax for the style and font changing is:
<CHR 19> <CODE_CHANGE> <CHR 19>

CODE_CHANGE will be:
1: Bold
2: Italic
3: Underline
4: Inverse

To change the font it will be:
11+ID_FONT

So you won't have a conflict when calculating the number of carriage returns
in the text (easier to program).
As you can see, the font ID number can't be more than 244 otherwise a carry
will occur and may conflict with the style coding.

There is enough memory allocated in the system to handle 256 different
fonts, but it's in fact not possible to use more than 244. In fact, any
fonts with an ID > 244 will simply be ignored by the system when searching
the memory for fonts..
So a font with an ID > 244 can be used as a system font (with the
command ->FONT), but can't be selected using the font changing utilities.

Hope this help
Jean-Yves

Joseph K. Horn <joe...@jps.net> wrote in message