special menu

dbenson

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

does anyone know what the syseval code is to get to the hidden menu on the
hp48g. I have lost it. Thanks!

Samuel Hocevar

Jan 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/28/98

dbenson wrote:
> does anyone know what the syseval code is to get to the hidden menu on the
> hp48g. I have lost it. Thanks!

#15781h SYSEVAL

With best wishes,
Sam.

John H Meyers

Jan 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/28/98

In article <6alnnj$aac$1...@news.campus.mci.net>,
<dbe...@occ-uky.campus.mci.net> writes:

> does anyone know what the syseval code is to get to the hidden menu
> on the hp48g. I have lost it.

The current relevant FAQ section is:

4.27 What is the hidden directory and how do I access it?

<http://www.engr.uvic.ca/~aschoorl/faq/>

However, the FAQ suggestion doesn't *always* work if you are using
a "variable hider" in HOME (it will work with Simone Rapisarda's
HTRIM, which thoughtfully "fixes" the problem for you, whereas
I was lazier, and my own HIDEVARS doesn't do that for you).

A "foolproof" method is used in Hack.lib (CDHD command), equivalent to:

#640BEh SYSEVAL #8DC4h SYSEVAL

The obligatory Warnings:

SYSEVAL can corrupt memory and cause loss of data;
make a backup first, know what you're doing.

The first address above is a "supported" entry point (SetHiddenRes);
the second address isn't, but it's what Hack.lib uses; you don't
*have* to use the second address, but the Command Line will not
behave normally if you don't (Detlef's TOOLS library #808 has
its own CDHD command which doesn't do it either, showing that
nothing is unanimous around here, and that multiple libraries
having conflicting commands [and command names] do occur :)

Now that you're there, what are you going to do?
(See warnings in the FAQ)

Various utilities for using the Hidden Directory without
even going there are found in various places, including
"Hidden Directory utilities" posted 1997/05/20 at DejaNews.

With best wishes from: John H Meyers <jhme...@mum.edu>

Christopher Tuttle

Jan 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/28/98

For my calc, I wrote a program that uses less sysevals. It reads:

<< # 87927d SYSEVAL EVAL >>

the syseval puts the null charater on the stack, and the EVAL actually
moves you to the hidden directory.

Oh it is worth saying that if you delete any of the default files in the
hidden directory, you WILL erase your calc's mem. Also if you try to do
an ORDER in the hidden directory, it will also clear your memory.

To get out, use RightShift- HOME

Christopher Tuttle