Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

Old 48S Seiral Port Commands on 49/50G?

29 wyświetleń

ger...@cox.net

nieprzeczytany,
14 mar 2007, 14:33:5614.03.2007
do
I'm getting set to try a serial cable (Samson Cables is working the
problem.) with the 50G, and my old 48S software barfed on me. Turns
out "TRAN" is now "matrix transpose". I'm wondering if anyone else
has tried the "barefisted" serial port commands from the 48S on the
50G. (...just send the bytes, just like I told you!!!!)

It might be that XMIT, SRECV, and BUFFLEN will suffice to transmit and
receive raw byte strings.

jeff

nieprzeczytany,
14 mar 2007, 18:29:4114.03.2007
do

Once you solve the problem voltage etc. those commands work just like
the 48. System flag 33 (-33 CF) must be clear and system flag 78 (-78
SF) must be set, OPENIO and the commands work as they have
previously. Tests that I have performed sending and receiving strings
have worked very well once the circuitry abnormalities are solved.
Soon there will be an environmental case availlable with this
circuitry in place and the ability to connect with existing cables
will be possible (see stk4hp.com for future announcement of
availablity).

Jeff

John H Meyers

nieprzeczytany,
14 mar 2007, 20:17:1714.03.2007
do
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:33:56 -0500, gerheim wrote:

> I'm getting set to try a serial cable (Samson Cables is working
> the problem.) with the 50G, and my old 48S software barfed on me.
> Turns out "TRAN" is now "matrix transpose".

There wasn't a TRAN command on the 48;
are you thinking of TRANSIO
(which of course appeared truncated to TRAN in menu labels)?

TRANSIO is still in the 49/50 series.

> It might be that XMIT, SRECV, and BUFLEN

> will suffice to transmit and receive raw byte strings.

Maybe; see whether Xon/Xoff flow control ever got restored
(there was some cause to think that it was being considered).

[r->] [OFF]

TW

nieprzeczytany,
14 mar 2007, 20:43:5914.03.2007
do
> Maybe; see whether Xon/Xoff flow control ever got restored

Nope.

TW

John H Meyers

nieprzeczytany,
14 mar 2007, 20:49:3214.03.2007
do
FWIW, another serial cable (with different connector):

http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/serial/RCL1.htm

Quotes:

"Does it invert the Pin-3 data out signal?"

"The signal is inverted in terms of electrical polarity.
E.g. a TTL low will generate a positive voltage on the
TX output pin, a TTL high will generate a negative TX.
But the other possible correct answer is No,
the signal is not inverted in terms of *logic*.
In the RS232 standard, a low electrical level (-3 to -15 volts)
is defined as a logic 1, or 'on' or 'high' and is referred to as 'marking.'
So a TTL high, will generate an RS232 high."

-[ ]-

ger...@cox.net

nieprzeczytany,
15 mar 2007, 11:49:2315.03.2007
do

OOPS! The command "TRAN" was not on the 48S. I just didn't copy
enough files to the 50G. TRAN was a routine I wrote.

All happy... :-)

Nowe wiadomości: 0