HELP!!!!!!!

QUINN, PAUL

Jan 19, 1993, 4:07:00 PM1/19/93
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! I ran the arkanoid.lib program. I ran just fine.
Then I tried the editor program. My 48SX has just stopped in the editor
screen with the hourglass on. I can't get it to stop. the 48 will not
turn off even taking the batteries out didn't help!

Paul Quinn p_q...@pavo.concordia.ca

Computer Science: System Architecture
Concordia University, MTL, Qc

Jonathan Tomohiko Higa

Jan 20, 1993, 1:51:30 AM1/20/93
Once, I stuck my HP48 in an infinite unbreakable loop. I removed the
batteries for two days, and when I put them back in, the calculator
worked.
--
Jon (jon...@phoenix.princeton.edu)

M.D. (Mike) Wieda

Jan 28, 1993, 12:09:12 PM1/28/93
In article <19JAN199...@pavo.concordia.ca> p_q...@pavo.concordia.ca (QUINN, PAUL) writes:
>Subject: HELP!!!!!!!
>From: p_q...@pavo.concordia.ca (QUINN, PAUL)
>Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1993 21:07:00 GMT

Try a reset. I think its: [ON]-[A]-[F] keys all held at once.

Just a guess. Good luck

Mike Wieda
Mi...@Canc.byu.edu

william j. levenson

Jan 28, 1993, 5:40:02 PM1/28/93
p_quinn at pavo.concordia.ca writes:
>THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! I ran the arkanoid.lib program. I ran just fine.
>Then I tried the editor program. My 48SX has just stopped in the editor
>screen with the hourglass on. I can't get it to stop. the 48 will not
>turn off even taking the batteries out didn't help!

Hold down the ON key and press the C key. That should reset the calculator
and not corupt memory (unless it's already corrupted). If the keys are
disabled (i.e. ON-C doesn't work), try taking of either the left or right
upper rubber foot on the back of the calculator (it will be easily replaced)
and look for a hole with an "R" next to it. gently push a paper clip in the
hole to reset the calc (same as ON-C). If these don't work, take the
batteris out for a longer time. Eventually you'll get it back.

Hope this helps

Bill Levenson

Christopher Thomas Flora

Feb 11, 1993, 11:40:02 PM2/11/93
Uh, hold on! ON-A-F is the Memory Clear! ON-C is the reset, and if that
doesn't work, then remove the rubber foot, oh, hold on..... I forgot
which one it is! OK Turn the Calculator over, remove the top left
foot(It will take a bit of prying) and underneath there should be a
little hole with a R beside it. Unbend a paper clip, or some other
similar thin instrument and poke it in carefully. Down there is a reset
switch that I beleive is the same as the ON-C switch.