i lost my cover...!!!

TranslucentAmoebae

Mar 4, 2006, 7:51:10 PM3/4/06
i didn't use to lose things AT ALL...!!!
And now i am losing things all the time...
A few days ago, i lost my hat...!!!
And before that, My RADIO...!!!
And Now...!!!
i broke one of my cardinal rules of riding the bus;
i opened my backpack and was playing around with my HP48gx,
and i added a program to my String Math Directory,
Then saved it to my ROM 2 Card...
THEN FORGOT TO PUT THE DANG COVER BACK ON...!!!
EeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeek!
So naturally i completely PANICED when i discovered this SEVERAL DAYS
LATER...!!!
i also have a MERGED card [1], so if it slipped out, and it was
accidently turned ON; which it frequently does...!!! It would corrupt
all my internal memory...!!!
So i purged as many directories and programs as i could to bring up
enough free space to FREE1 Card 1 and then saved just about everything
that was left, to it-- that is now; Read Only...!!!
So it's no longer extremely DANGEROUS...!!!
But i would Still very much like to find a new cover...!!!
It turns out that HP LISTS the covers:
Part # 0048-60903 ( packages of 10 )
But...!!! It doesn't sell them...???
Anymore...??? Ever...???
Where can i get one...???
i was thinking that maybe someone has a Broken 48gx or sx,
and would send me their cover...!!! ( Card Slot Cover )...???
For a reasonable, or marginally more than reasonable, amount of Money,
Services or Genuine Hawaiian Artifact...???
If you can think of somewhere where i can legitimently BUY one...
Then send me that information...
Or if you're fairly certain that that would be VIRTUALLY
IMPOSSIBLE...!!!
But you do have one that you'd part with--
Then, Please send it to me; and specify that you would prefer to be
renumerated with either Money or a Special Gift...!!! ( Or Other...???
)
Address:
- - - - - - - - -
Chrstphre Campbell [sic]
PMB 185
590 Farrington HWY # 210
Kapolei, Hawai'i 96707
- - - - - - - - -
Thanx Oodles...!!!

xEaGLe

Mar 5, 2006, 2:58:14 AM3/5/06
Have you tried eBay ?

Colin Croft

Mar 5, 2006, 3:04:08 AM3/5/06
Have you tried taking an occasional deep breath? Or not using so many
exclamation points?

xEaGLe wrote:
> Have you tried eBay ?

Wayne Brown

Mar 5, 2006, 8:10:21 AM3/5/06
TranslucentAmoebae <transa...@seanet.com> wrote:
> i was thinking that maybe someone has a Broken 48gx or sx,
> and would send me their cover...!!! ( Card Slot Cover )...???
> For a reasonable, or marginally more than reasonable, amount of Money,
> Services or Genuine Hawaiian Artifact...???
> If you can think of somewhere where i can legitimently BUY one...
> Then send me that information...

You could try posting a message in the discussion forum and/or classified
ads at the Museum of HP Calculators. Here are the links:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/forum.cgi

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/adforum.cgi

--
Wayne Brown (HPCC #1104) | "When your tail's in a crack, you improvise
fwb...@bellsouth.net | if you're good enough. Otherwise you give
| your pelt to the trapper."
e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0 -- Euler | -- John Myers Myers, "Silverlock"

John Nguyen

Mar 5, 2006, 7:39:33 PM3/5/06
I purchased mine from CalcPro (www.calcpro.com) a few months back for
my HP-48SX. I don't think it's brand new, but it's in good condition.
Some people here have expressed reservations about ordering from
CalcPro, but when ordering small items, they seem fine to me.

Go to their home page and click on Search, type in "hp 48 port cover"
and click Find.

I'm not affiliated with CalcPro in any way; just a customer who had
good experience shopping with them for small items.

John