Text viewer

torch

Mar 23, 2007, 1:48:31 PM3/23/07
Hi to all.

I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt
files.

Can you suggest me a software for this purpose?

I've tried to use TED49 1.1, but when I try to read a file, it always crash.

Thanks in advance,
torcH

Greg M.

Mar 23, 2007, 3:23:12 PM3/23/07
torch wrote:
> I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt
> files.

Have you looked at Headman?

http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~raut/WR49/Headman.htm

http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~raut/WR49/

http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5940

HTH,
Greg

torch

Mar 23, 2007, 5:22:41 PM3/23/07

"Greg M." <greg...@insightbb.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> torch wrote:

Hi,

> Have you looked at Headman?

perfect! Thank you.

Best regards,
torcH

GaaK

Mar 23, 2007, 5:29:07 PM3/23/07

TED 1.2 ßuild 3: http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g

TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

- GaaK -

Dave Boyd

Mar 23, 2007, 5:43:25 PM3/23/07
GaaK wrote:
> TED 1.2 ßuild 3: http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
> this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g
>
> TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

Say, GaaK... any current plans for finishing up TED? I like the idea
of it.

I can't say I like the editor itself because I haven't seen it! ;)

--
Dave Boyd
"That's sucker talk."

GaaK

Mar 23, 2007, 7:15:33 PM3/23/07

Test the editor (1.1) on EMU.
Editor is buggy on ARM processor, currently working for it, but I
don't have real calc (based on ARM) to test my project :-(

However, the viewer works fine ;-)

- GaaK -

torch

Mar 24, 2007, 2:45:11 AM3/24/07

"GaaK" <Com...@gaak.org> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Mar 23, 12:48 pm, "torch" <torch_NOS...@libero.it> wrote:

Hi,

>TED 1.2 ßuild 3: http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
>this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g

>TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

Thanks for the info.

Best regards,
torcH

GaaK

Mar 24, 2007, 3:29:58 AM3/24/07
On Mar 24, 1:45 am, "torch" <torch_NOS...@libero.it> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.

and please report bugs ;-)

- GaaK -

torch

Mar 24, 2007, 6:09:58 AM3/24/07

> On Mar 24, 1:45 am, "torch" <torch_NOS...@libero.it> wrote:

Hi,

>> Thanks for the info.
>
> and please report bugs ;-)

of course!

Best regards,
torcH

TW

Mar 24, 2007, 10:26:47 AM3/24/07
> Editor is buggy on ARM processor, currently working for it, but I
> don't have real calc (based on ARM) to test my project :-(

Send me an email with your contact info and I will get you a 50G. We
can do a trade for a little bit of your ASM skills. There are a few
little routines I need done that shouldn't take you longer than an
hour or two I suspect.

timwessman at gmail

TW

DanK

Mar 26, 2007, 12:54:35 AM3/26/07

Isn't TED the editor from the HP48 jazz package?
If so I'm supprised that the editor works at all for the 49g+/50g

The origional keyhandler in ED was WAY too slow! So I modified my
copy with a simple (but somewhat buggy)
hack to speed it up. Mika kept asking me to modify the official ED
source to speed it up. It took me like 6 months to get around to
doing it, but Mika kept asking for it so finally I did it.

Main reason it took so long was quite simply because I didn't have a
computer. I did all my HP48 programming directly on my HP48. But the
source codes for Jazz (and ED) were too big for me to modify on my
HP48. I finally installed a compiler and such on a university account
and did it on a university computer.

That was a long time ago, and I don't remember all the details...
But I do remember that the keyhandler code was written specifically
for the HP48! It was tested for both the SX and the GX and seemed to
work fine on both. But change either the hardware or the software
much and it likely won't work properly. And the 49g+/50g have both
changed software AND hardware!

John H Meyers

Mar 27, 2007, 4:08:34 AM3/27/07
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:54:35 -0500, Dan Kirkland wrote:

[...]

Dan Kirkland is back!

When I first stumbled upon comp.sys.hp48 (11 years ago?)
and started asking things,
Dan was someone who supplied many answers -- thanks again!

-[ ]-