Video: Outside and inside the new HP50g

Avatar_e

Aug 26, 2006, 4:18:27 AM8/26/06
Watch how to remove the screen cover to open the hp50g without damaging
the unit on the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GB2gmq1yE

Thanks to Joe Horn for the info about opening the calculator by
removing screen cover. I dont fully remove the back cover because there
are many wires connected to the main board (buzzer, batts, capacitor,
etc).

Bob

Aug 26, 2006, 10:50:04 AM8/26/06

"Avatar_e" <erwi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

That's excellent! The music is great, too.

Thanks for the effort.

Bob

Joe Horn

Aug 26, 2006, 1:15:15 PM8/26/06
Avatar_e wrote:
> Watch how to remove the screen cover to open the hp50g without damaging
> the unit on the following video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GB2gmq1yE

What a hoot! Thanks!

I notice that you pull the suction cup slowly, *peeling* the screen
cover off, rather than using my method of yanking the suction cup and
*popping* the screen cover off all at once. Your method is certainly
more dramatic; the suspense is tangible! >:-O

-Joe-

Cyber Jedi

Aug 26, 2006, 1:59:11 PM8/26/06
Just Great for hp...

I remember opening my 48g some years ago... she never became the
same...

Now you have screws instead of plastic ribbets..

Now I know how to open it when it gets damaged....

Greetings

Avatar_e

Aug 26, 2006, 2:33:17 PM8/26/06
Joe Horn wrote:
> Your method is certainly
> more dramatic; the suspense is tangible! >:-O
>
> -Joe-

hehe.. I just wanna keep my hp logo like new :D on my 50g

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Aug 26, 2006, 3:41:41 PM8/26/06
How do I get that Flash file locally?

Avatar_e

Aug 26, 2006, 4:41:21 PM8/26/06
Veli-Pekka Nousiainen wrote:

> How do I get that Flash file locally?

Here: http://lax-v43.lax.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=z6GB2gmq1yE

Is as ".flv" file

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Sep 4, 2006, 9:13:26 AM9/4/06

I still could not get it to work
:-(

arturo

Sep 4, 2006, 12:39:36 PM9/4/06
Tom,

thanks very much.

i butcher my 48s to get the beeper outside the unit.
won't have to do that any more.

Arturo

Mike

Sep 4, 2006, 3:28:36 PM9/4/06

Very nicely done, and great music too!

I got the distinct impression that you and Joe Horn have done this many
times before. How many calculators did it take to get this process
down so smoothly?

Your video certainly removes my trepidation about opening my
calculators in case of trouble. Thanks.

Avatar_e

Sep 5, 2006, 11:55:28 PM9/5/06

Mike wrote:

Just 2 times, one with my old 49g+

There is another video:

http://erwin.ried.cl/?modo=visor&elemento=212

The second video shows how to remove the mainboard to access to the
keyboard

Michael

Sep 6, 2006, 3:12:07 AM9/6/06
OMG, I hope you know what your doing with those drill bits and knife,
would go near my baby with those sharp instruments.
Mick Carey