HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

Bill Markwick

Jan 8, 2008, 7:37:41 PM1/8/08
Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from
that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands
such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-)

The non-CAS list of 49/50 commands not in the 48:
{ ANS COLLECT DBUG DEF DISPXY DRAW3DMATRIX e EQW EXITED EXPAND FAST3D
FILER FLASHEVAL FONT\-> \->FONT FONT6 FONT7 FONT8 GROBADD HEADER\-> \-
>HEADER i \oo INT I\->R KEYTIME LANGUAGE LNP LOCAL MENUXY MINIFONT \-
>NDISP PLOT REF RENAME R\->I ROMUPLOAD SCALEH SCALEW SCROLL \GSX2
\GSY2 SREPL STARTED STARTEQW STARTERR STARTOFF STARTUP TABLE TBLSET
TOFF TPAR TRAN UNBIND VER WIN ZFACT ZPAR }

The CAS list:
{ ? ABCUV ACOS2S ADDTMOD ALGB ARIT ASIN2C ASIN2T ATAN2S AXL AXM AXQ
CASCFG CHINREM CMPLX CURL DERIV DERVX DESOLVE DIFF DIV DIV2 DIV2MOD
DIVIS DIVMOD DIVPC EGCD EPSX0 EULER EXLR EXP&LN EXPAND EXPANDMOD EXPLN
FACTOR FACTORMOD FACTORS FCOEF FOURIER FROOTS FXND GAUSS GCD GCDMOD
GROBADD HADAMARD HALFTAN HERMITE HESS HILBERT HORNER IABCUV IBP
ICHINREM IDIV2 IEGCD ILAP INTVX INVMOD IQUOT IREMAINDER ISPRIME?
JORDAN KEYEVAL LAGRANGE LAP LAPL LCM LCXM LDEC LEGENDRE LGCD LIN
LINSOLVE LNAME LNCOLLECT LVAR MAD MAIN MAP MATR MENUXY MODSTO MULTMOD
NEXTPRIME PA2B2 PARTFRAC PCAR PLOT PLOTADD POWMOD PREVAL PREVPRIME
PROMPTSTO PROPFRAC PTAYL QUOT QXA REF REMAINDER REORDER RISCH RREFMOD
SCROLL SERIES SEVAL SIGNTAB SIMP2 SINCOS SOLVE SOLVER SOLVEVX SUBST
SUBTMOD SYLVESTER TABVAL TABVAR TAN2SC TAN2SC2 TAYLOR0 TCHEBYCHEFF
TCOLLECT TEVAL TEXPAND TLIN TRAN TRIG TRIGCOS TRIGO TRIGSIN TRIGTAN
TRUNC TSIMP VANDERMONDE VER XNUM ZEROS lim rref \oo }

Regards,
Bill

John H Meyers

Jan 8, 2008, 9:29:49 PM1/8/08
Nice list!

Add RCLVX, STOVX

.

Raymond Del Tondo

Jan 9, 2008, 12:41:44 AM1/9/08

"Bill Markwick" <bd...@torfree.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from
> that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands
> such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-)

Slightly OT, but maybe interesting for HP-48 G series users:

With SpeedUI, you'll have COPY and PASTE,
an unlimited muliple items clipboard with LIFO and 'sticky' modes,
and a convenient ClipBrowser.

You also can use an optional Startup variable,
which will be evaluated at warm start time.

Raymond

Bill Markwick

Jan 9, 2008, 1:39:54 PM1/9/08
On Jan 8, 9:29 pm, "John H Meyers" <jhmey...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Nice list!
>
> Add RCLVX, STOVX

Thank you! Will do. And in the non-CAS list, LNP should be removed.

Bill

Bill Markwick

Jan 9, 2008, 1:45:18 PM1/9/08
On Jan 9, 12:41 am, "Raymond Del Tondo" <Ih8...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> "Bill Markwick" <bd...@torfree.net> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:019c9380-bcd8-4f76...@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...> Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from

> > that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include  keyboard-only commands
> > such as CUT and PASTE.  Hope I got them all. :-)
>
> Slightly OT, but maybe interesting for HP-48 G series users:
>
> With SpeedUI, you'll have COPY and PASTE,

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and I'll try it out. One of
the reasons I don't use my 48 much any more was the lack of a
clipboard, so this should be interesting.

Bill

Raymond Del Tondo

Jan 9, 2008, 3:03:01 PM1/9/08
Hello Bill,

the version of SpeedUI on Eric's site is outdated,
and has some unpleasant bugs.

These were corrected in an updated version,
which I sent to hpcalc some time ago,
but their site wasn't updated since September 2007,
so Eric doesn't have the current version.

I strongly suggest to use the current version only,
which I can send you
(and everyone who is interested in a really speedy HP-48 UI)
by email in the mean time.

Just drop me a note at:

M a g i c 4 8 g e s @ g m x . d e (remove the obvious;-)

Regards

Raymond

"Bill Markwick" <bd...@torfree.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Bill Markwick

Jan 12, 2008, 11:27:11 AM1/12/08
On Jan 8, 7:37 pm, Bill Markwick <bd...@torfree.net> wrote:

>>  Hope I got them all. :-)

I didn't. :-) Here are revised lists.

Bill

The updated non-CAS list of 49/50 commands not in the 48:

{ ANS COLLECT DBUG DEF DISPXY DRAW3DMATRIX DROPN DROP2 DUPDUP DUPN e

EQW EXITED EXPAND FAST3D FILER FLASHEVAL FONT\-> \->FONT FONT6 FONT7
FONT8 GROBADD HEADER\-> \->HEADER i \oo INT I\->R KEYTIME LANGUAGE

LOCAL MENUXY MINIFONT \->NDISP NDUPN NIP PICK3 PLOT RCLVX REF RENAME R

\->I ROMUPLOAD SCALEH SCALEW SCROLL \GSX2 \GSY2 SREPL STARTED STARTEQW

STARTERR STARTOFF STARTUP STOVX TABLE TBLSET TOFF TPAR TRAN UNBIND
UNPICK UNROT VER WIN ZFACT ZPAR }

The CAS list:

{ ? ABCUV ACOS2S ADDTMOD ALGB ARIT ASIN2C ASIN2T ATAN2S AXL AXM AXQ

CASCFG CASCMD CHINREM CMPLX CURL DERIV DERVX DESOLVE DIFF DIV DIV2

DIV2MOD DIVIS DIVMOD DIVPC EGCD EPSX0 EULER EXLR EXP&LN EXPAND
EXPANDMOD EXPLN FACTOR FACTORMOD FACTORS FCOEF FOURIER FROOTS FXND
GAUSS GCD GCDMOD GROBADD HADAMARD HALFTAN HERMITE HESS HILBERT HORNER
IABCUV IBP ICHINREM IDIV2 IEGCD ILAP INTVX INVMOD IQUOT IREMAINDER
ISPRIME? JORDAN KEYEVAL LAGRANGE LAP LAPL LCM LCXM LDEC LEGENDRE LGCD

lim LIN LINSOLVE LNAME LNCOLLECT LVAR MAD MAIN MAP MATR MENUXY MODSTO

MULTMOD NEXTPRIME PA2B2 PARTFRAC PCAR PLOT PLOTADD POWMOD PREVAL
PREVPRIME PROMPTSTO PROPFRAC PTAYL QUOT QXA REF REMAINDER REORDER

RISCH rref RREFMOD SCROLL SERIES SEVAL SIGNTAB SIMP2 SINCOS SOLVE

SOLVER SOLVEVX SUBST SUBTMOD SYLVESTER TABVAL TABVAR TAN2SC TAN2SC2
TAYLOR0 TCHEBYCHEFF TCOLLECT TEVAL TEXPAND TLIN TRAN TRIG TRIGCOS

TRIGO TRIGSIN TRIGTAN TRUNC TSIMP VANDERMONDE VER XNUM ZEROS \oo }

John H Meyers

Jan 12, 2008, 9:43:02 PM1/12/08
Hi, Bill:

Add: LIMIT ( alternative name for lim )

KEYTIME must mean \->KEYTIME and KEYTIME\->

It seems curious that KEYEVAL is part of CAS library (but it is).

All of the commands (and any synonyms) are in certain libraries,
though I don't quite know how to find them there :)

"not in HP48" means "not in HP48G[X][+]"
(there are also commands in HP48G[X][+] but not in HP48S[X],
which may all be in library 171)

HP48G[X][+] library 171 (not in HP48S[X]) includes:

XVOL YVOL ZVOL XXRNG YYRNG EYEPT NUMX NUMY WIREFRAME
PARSURFACE GRIDMAP YSLICE SLOPEFIELD PCONTOUR DIFFEQ
VERSION ATICK TEACH CLTEACH RECT CYLIN SPHERE
MERGE1 FREE1 ANIMATE LININ LIBEVAL CONLIB CONST
FFT IFFT NDIST PSDEV PVAR PCOV RKF RKFSTEP RKFERR
RRK RRKSTEP RSBERR COND TRACE SRAD SNRM RANK LSQ
EGV EGVL SVD SVL LU QR LQ SCHUR RREF RANM
\->ROW ROW\-> \->COL COL\-> \->DIAG DIAG\->
ROW- ROW+ COL+ RSWP CSWP RCI RCIJ PROOT PCOEF PEVAL
TVM TVMBEG TVMEND TVMROOT AMORT INFORM CHOOSE MSGBOX
XSEND XRECV HEAD TAIL SEQ DOSUBS \GDLIST NSUB ENDSUB
STREAM \GSLIST \PILIST DOLIST ADD REVLIST SORT ZFACTOR
FANNING DARCY F0\Gl SIDENS TDELTA TINC gmol lbmol rpm dB
PINIT XGET MSOLVR MINIT MITM MUSER MCALC MROOT

[CL]TEACH have of course disappeared again in "49" series :)

Now that we have all these lists, what do we do with them?
("why climb the mountain?" "because it's there" :)

[r->] [OFF]

Irl

Jan 13, 2008, 10:07:17 AM1/13/08

Having the list will make it much, much easier to move stuff from a 48
to a 50. The biggest headache I had with my ~200kB of stuff was the
problem mentioned in the thread
"Moving 48gx userRPL programs to 50 "
which is that a program moved, via drag-and-drop, from the 48 to the
50 won't compile if there is a global variable in the 48 (e.g., a
program name) which collides with a reserved name (e.g., one of the
commands in the excellent lists above). Just scanning the list by eye
gives the user (at least, if the user is the one who wrote the
programs) useful tips as to where he needs to modify his programs on
the 48 before dragging them to the 50. For example, I had a variable
named LIN ("L Input") which was fine on the 48 but collides with the
CAS command on the 50 and was a pesky thing to track down.
--Irl

Bill Markwick

Jan 13, 2008, 2:07:42 PM1/13/08
On Jan 12, 9:43 pm, "John H Meyers" <jhmey...@nomail.invalid> wrote:

Thanks, John. I'll continue updating.

> All of the commands (and any synonyms) are in certain libraries,
> though I don't quite know how to find them there :)

The menus inherited from the 48 can be a hunt, but the CAS menu is
available from MENUXY, which displays 141 commands from 0 to 140. To
show all of them, which is how I made the list: 0 140 MENUXY. I
found that SORT wouldn't work unless I used DOLIST to make each
command a string.

> Now that we have all these lists, what do we do with them?
> ("why climb the mountain?" "because it's there" :)

We're list freaks. Having a good list is an end in itself. :-)

Bill

John H Meyers

Jan 14, 2008, 7:16:35 PM1/14/08
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:07:17 -0600, Irl wrote:

> The biggest headache I had with my ~200kB of stuff
> was the problem mentioned in the thread
> "Moving 48gx userRPL programs to 50"
> which is that a program moved, via drag-and-drop, from the 48 to the
> 50 won't compile if there is a global variable in the 48 (e.g., a
> program name) which collides with a reserved name (e.g., one of the
> commands in the excellent lists above). Just scanning the list by eye
> gives the user (at least, if the user is the one who wrote the
> programs) useful tips as to where he needs to modify his programs on
> the 48 before dragging them to the 50. For example, I had a variable
> named LIN ("L Input") which was fine on the 48 but collides with the
> CAS command on the 50 and was a pesky thing to track down.

Well, I "cross that bridge as I come to it,"
as well as all the other things which can also go wrong,
even after successful compilation.

If a program won't compile (or if OBJ\-> or STR\->
errors when applied to its text string),
you can precisely locate the error(s)
by using the following program on the text string:

\<< \->STR { V } + "" SWAP INPUT \>> 'SYN' STO

This displays the string in the text editor,
and checks its syntax when you press ENTER,
highlighting any error.

If you modify the string, in the editor, to eliminate all errors,
then an edited, error-free string is returned,
which OBJ\-> or STR\-> will successfully compile.

Note: The above works on any HP48/49/50.

Reminder: An entire directory of UserRPL objects
can be transferred as a single "directory" object (or string),
and compiled as one single unit.

[r->] [OFF]

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Mar 24, 2008, 1:26:46 PM3/24/08
May you should look for an excel worksheet I made
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5265
"Bill Markwick" <bd...@torfree.net> wrote in message