bash for hpux

Heinrich Elsigan

Jul 18, 1994, 2:06:40 AM7/18/94
Hi !

Has anyone an idea, where I can get the bash for hpux. I tried to compile the
'normal' gnu-bash, but there were a lot of error and warning messages. So I
modified the Makefile, but the bash did not run. (Segmentation fault, core
dumped :( ) I've not much experience with hpux, so please declare it easy !
If there are other nice shells, tell me them !

ThanX he.

(Email: hels...@cslab.tuwien.ac.at )

Neal Becker

Jul 18, 1994, 4:52:01 PM7/18/94
Bash is great! I highly recommend this.

There should not be any problem to build bash-1.14.1 on hpux9.xx.
What problem did you have?

Lutz Vieweg

Jul 18, 1994, 6:12:05 PM7/18/94
In article <30d65g$e...@news.tuwien.ac.at>, Heinrich Elsigan writes:

> Has anyone an idea, where I can get the bash for hpux. I tried to compile the
> 'normal' gnu-bash, but there were a lot of error and warning messages.

If not already present, get & install gcc
Get bash-1.41.1 via ftp from geod.emr.ca
make it - and you'll have a well working bash.

If not, mail me, and I may mail you the executable for s700 / 9.05

cu, Lutz Vieweg