JIFFYDos version

rusure

Feb 28, 2008, 5:34:55 AM2/28/08
I just bought a JIFFYDos chip for my 1541 - II drive. The
label says that it's version 6.01. The chip seems to be
working flawlessly. Here is the chips reset diagnostic.

73,jiffydos 5.0 1541,00,00

What JD version do I have?

Jim Brain

Feb 28, 2008, 10:50:20 AM2/28/08
Story I heard was that the KERNAL portion of JD was bumped up beyond 5.X
to dix some things, but the drive portion was not changed. Hwoever,
when they were shipped, they upped the label version so people would not
complain that they had a version mismatch:

"Hey, CMD, this is not going to work. You send v6.01 of the 64 portion,
but only 5.0 of the 1541 portion". Send me the 6.01 version of the
drive ROM".

etc.

jim

Dopple

Feb 29, 2008, 7:30:20 PM2/29/08
Yea, that sounds about right. I remember talking to them about newer versions
of JiffyDOS, and saying that they were out of room in the ROM (for the 64) to
add anything else without removing stuff.