Funny Story

tde...@tiger.lsu.edu

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

I went to pick up a cable for my obsolete at the Computer City.
They were showcasing Lost98 with a dictation program running on a big
screen. As he was talking in the mic the computer was printing what he was
saying... or something like.. nope, what the hell was it printing?
Something about Utah ??? pronouns mixed together?
Needless to say it crashed, went to the Lost98 screen, where he tried to
get it back, it did something unexpected AGAIN, went to some OTHER screen
while the poor man was just wildly clicking away. "Grumble, grumble,
grumble," he was saying as my wife and I walked away giggling.
He shouted after us "Have YOU gotten you're Windows98 package yet?"

Fighting off a snide comment (worthless *(&*^), I said no and walked to
the cables section where we ...
Enough said.
Funny thing is, I've seen that kind of program work about a year ago, and
I'm sure it's a great PRG.( Just wish they got the format right )

Feel free to post this where you like!
Christian

Rev. Jihad Frenzy

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

In article <6ni3a7$sgm$1...@its1.ocs.lsu.edu>, tde...@tiger.lsu.edu wrote:

(Tale of lusing Win98 app snipped)

Last year, out in California, at a PC users group, three was a demo of
smart speech recognition software.

Before the demonstrator could begin his demo, a voice called out from the
audience:

"Format c, return."
"Yes, return."

Damned short demo, it was.

--
Rev. Jihad Frenzy

"Gadzooks!", quoth I, "But here's a saucy bawd!"

I, Libertine
by Fredrick R. Ewing

<A HREF="HTTP://WWW.GIS.NET/~CHT"/A>

Rick Youngman

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

It very hard to write this while rolling on the floor....

Reeko

====