I'm Leaving comp.sys.cbm

Denard Springle

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Hey All,

newsgroup - the cry baby BS to be exact - I'm no longer going to
participate. I'm tired of trying to help the C= Community here only to be
flamed for my efforts by a bunch of ignorant, whiney people who have nothing
better to do with their time than joust others for their opinions.
Intelligent conversation on this newsgroup seems to be far and few between
and I don't have the time to respond to all these idiots who keep badgering
others for their opinions and efforts. Anyone still interested in the
EtherCart project are encouraged to join the discussion forums available
from my website where we will have intelligent conversations on the
development of the EtherCart project without the neccesity for glaring
lives. I apologise to anyone this may offend, but my time is best spent
dedicated to the development of EtherCart and not responding to intentional
abuse of the project by people who don't know what the heck they're talking
about. I wish all of you well, and hope to see those interested in the
project join the discussions.

Don't forget the EtherCart website URL (bookmark it now!)

http://www.vsgcom.net/ethercart

Links to the discussion can be found from there.

Best Regards,
Denard Springle

Richard Atkinson

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Denard Springle wrote:

> Don't forget the EtherCart website URL (bookmark it now!)
>
> http://www.vsgcom.net/ethercart
>
> Links to the discussion can be found from there.

Hmm. Looks a bit quiet. I don't like the wording on the EET post or the
naming of himself 'GOD' by Denard. I think I'll continue to conduct my
CS8900A project discussion here, or on cbm-hackers. Right now we are
discussing the built-in CPU temperature sensor on every post VIC-20
Commodore 8 bit home computer.

Richard

--
Richard Atkinson
Software Engineer

Keith

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:01:19 GMT, Denard Springle
<P1Tg5.20549$eS6.3...@news1.rdc1.md.home.com> wrote:

>newsgroup - the cry baby BS to be exact - I'm no longer going to
>participate. I'm tired of trying to help the C= Community here only to be
>flamed for my efforts by a bunch of ignorant, whiney people who have nothing
>better to do with their time than joust others for their opinions.

Do you want Cheese with that Whine?

--
Best Regards,

Keith
"Netscape had what the government would consider a monopoly in
the market for Internet browsers, until the great Satan,
Microsoft, came along." M$ attorney John Warden, 20 October 1998

Martin Fensome

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
GOOD!

Now I can remove him from my off again/on again msg filter.

Martin

Denard Springle <vsg...@home.com> wrote in message

> I'm no longer going to participate.

> Best Regards,
> Denard Springle

Matthew Montchalin

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Richard Atkinson wrote:
|:) This is a very recent discovery, made by Nicolas Welte.

This ought to be published in a magazine like Go64.

|There is a bit (or rather, two bits) in the 6510 or 8500 which you can
|use to determine the temperature. You'd have to calibrate the program
|for your particular CPU, but having done that you could calculate the
|temperature of your CPU at any particular moment.

What were the serial numbers of the computers you tested?

|If you'd like to see your computer warming up as it runs and you
|understand machine code enough to write a short BASIC routine to
|execute a piece of code over and over again, have a look at the file:
|
|http://student.cusu.cam.ac.uk/~rga24/6510vs8500.txt

Thanks for the site. Alas, I finally have reason to turn on that
awful Windows box sitting next to my main PC combustible. It gives
me reason to try out PPP and go there.... Of course, it would
have been a whole lot nicer if you'd just posted the source right
here.

Matthew Montchalin

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00

|Isn't that, strictly speaking, er, naughty?

Short passages of source code are not the same thing as short passages
of object code, so I don't think it's particularly naughty. Now, posting
object code would surely be objectionable, I'd think... Does anybody
have any position on this? (Cameron wouldn't try to issue cancels on
anything resembling source code, would he?)

Tim Boescke

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

> Hmm. Looks a bit quiet. I don't like the wording on the EET post or the
> naming of himself 'GOD' by Denard. I think I'll continue to conduct my
> CS8900A project discussion here, or on cbm-hackers. Right now we are
> discussing the built-in CPU temperature sensor on every post VIC-20

Temperature sensor ? This is new to me ? Are you talking about heat
inducted errors ? :)

Richard Atkinson

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

:) This is a very recent discovery, made by Nicolas Welte. There is a bit

(or rather, two bits) in the 6510 or 8500 which you can use to determine
the temperature. You'd have to calibrate the program for your particular
CPU, but having done that you could calculate the temperature of your CPU
at any particular moment.

If you'd like to see your computer warming up as it runs and you

understand machine code enough to write a short BASIC routine to execute a
piece of code over and over again, have a look at the file:

http://student.cusu.cam.ac.uk/~rga24/6510vs8500.txt

This reads the time constant of an NMOS R-C circuit, which decreases as a
machine warms up. The relationship between this and time and temperature
is under discussion, but one of the side-benefits of this work is a
possible CPU temperature routine.

Richard Atkinson

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Matthew Montchalin wrote:

> |:) This is a very recent discovery, made by Nicolas Welte.
>

> This ought to be published in a magazine like Go64.

Or C=Hacking...

> Thanks for the site. Alas, I finally have reason to turn on that
> awful Windows box sitting next to my main PC combustible. It gives
> me reason to try out PPP and go there.... Of course, it would
> have been a whole lot nicer if you'd just posted the source right
> here.

Isn't that, strictly speaking, er, naughty?

Andre Kaesmacher

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

> Denard Springle <vsg...@home.com> wrote in message
>
> > I'm no longer going to participate.
>
> > Best Regards,
> > Denard Springle
Because i already killfiled "Denard Springle", i don't have the
orignal message here to answer, but i would like to say:

Thanks Mr. Springle, i am glad to hear this!

Have Fun,
Andre Kaesmacher
--
The language of the machine
Makes a program very lean

Cameron Kaiser

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Matthew Montchalin <mmon...@OregonVOS.net> writes:

>Short passages of source code are not the same thing as short passages
>of object code, so I don't think it's particularly naughty. Now, posting
>object code would surely be objectionable, I'd think... Does anybody
>have any position on this? (Cameron wouldn't try to issue cancels on
>anything resembling source code, would he?)

As long as it isn't uucode or an attachment, the bot leaves it alone.

--
Cameron Kaiser * cka...@stockholm.ptloma.edu * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/

Mark Seelye

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <P1Tg5.20549$eS6.3...@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>,
"Denard Springle" <vsg...@home.com> wrote:
> Hey All,

this
> newsgroup - the cry baby BS to be exact - I'm no longer going to
> participate. I'm tired of trying to help the C= Community here only
to be

Why on Earth would you even post something like this?

Well, if you are leaving, I feel obligated to give you this advice:

Learn what a paragraph is.
Learn to get to the point.
Don't be what you attempt to blast.

Goodluck,
Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mark Seelye

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <4Tfh5.488$Mt4....@sol.newscene.com>,

Cameron Kaiser <cka...@stockholm.ptloma.edu> wrote:
> Matthew Montchalin <mmon...@OregonVOS.net> writes:
>
> >Short passages of source code are not the same thing as short
passages
> >of object code, so I don't think it's particularly naughty. Now,
posting
> >object code would surely be objectionable, I'd think... Does anybody
> >have any position on this? (Cameron wouldn't try to issue cancels on
> >anything resembling source code, would he?)
>
> As long as it isn't uucode or an attachment, the bot leaves it alone.

Cameron,
I thought you would just randomly cancel messages, willy-nilly
like. I didn't think you actually had a BOT!

:P

Matthew Montchalin

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

It's nice to learn that he was using a bot.

Mark Seelye

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <Pine.SUN.3.96.1000731124453.3455C-
100...@compass.oregonvos.net>,

Hehe, I actually knew that already. I'm just having fun.

gOOn

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <P1Tg5.20549$eS6.3...@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>,
vsg...@home.com says...

> Hey All,

> newsgroup - the cry baby BS to be exact

<snip>

Wow, I guess nobody sides with this guy.

snif

--
Jim Atkins
President/CEO