Clock Port 101?

Leif Bloomquist

Jun 23, 2006, 4:44:10 PM6/23/06
"Clock ports."

The Retro Replay cartridge has one.
The MMC64 has one.
The upcoming IDE64 v4 will have one.

They allow you to connect the RR-Net, SilverSurfer, and so on the the C64.
But what do the clock ports do exactly? All I've found through Google is
that Amigas also have one, and these add-ons were originally intended for
the Amiga.

What would be involved in creating a C64 "cartridge" that contained nothing
but a clock port?

Groepaz

Jun 23, 2006, 7:31:11 PM6/23/06
Leif Bloomquist wrote:

that should be relativly trivial, its just a bunch of i/o lines... a simple
adressdecoder and maybe some gluelogic is probably all you need.

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org
http://www.gc-linux.org/docs/yagcd.html

Unix *is* user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends.

Leif Bloomquist

Jun 24, 2006, 10:14:57 PM6/24/06

"Groepaz" <gro...@gmx.net> wrote in message news:449c...@news.ish.de...

> that should be relativly trivial, its just a bunch of i/o lines... a
simple
> adressdecoder and maybe some gluelogic is probably all you need.

Can you be more specific? ;-) What addresses would it appear on? What's
the purpose of each of the pins?

Groepaz

Jun 25, 2006, 7:55:22 AM6/25/06
Leif Bloomquist wrote:
>> that should be relativly trivial, its just a bunch of i/o lines... a
> simple
>> adressdecoder and maybe some gluelogic is probably all you need.
>
> Can you be more specific? ;-) What addresses would it appear on?

that doesnt really matter. eg an amiga could have several clockports at
different adresses...could be the same for c64. the RR maps it to $de08

> What's the purpose of each of the pins?

never looked at it in detail :) but i'm sure you can find that out easily by
looking at the RR docs and maybe some generic amiga clockport docs. i would
think that there is a CS line, a RW line, and a few address- and
datalines - ie nothing extraordinary.

--

Zum schwulsten Keks des Jahres wurde gewaehlt: Tuk