CMD HD manual online! Download now please.

KilrPilr

Feb 4, 2007, 12:18:27 AM2/4/07

http://members.shaw.ca/vic20/CMD-HD-manual.zip

4 megabytes and compressed like crazy but here it is!

Andrew Wiskow

Feb 4, 2007, 1:49:19 PM2/4/07
Done! Thank you for doing this... I was going to do it myself, but kept
putting it off since it'd take quite a bit of time, as I'm sure it did for
you! :-)

-Andrew

___
/ __|__ Cottonwood BBS
/ / |_/ +1 (951) 242-3593
\ \__|_\ Open 24/7 at 300/1200/2400 baud
\___| http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs

"KilrPilr" <commod...@removehotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem

KilrPilr

Feb 4, 2007, 2:18:15 PM2/4/07
You are welcome. Yes it took awhile to do. Prolly 7 hours altogether and I
had to compress the heck out of it to make the archive a decent size (it
started out at 48MB's ) but I think its still all legible and worthy. :)

"Andrew Wiskow" <wis...@verizon.net> wrote in message

gamemaster

Feb 4, 2007, 3:23:19 PM2/4/07
Yes I was just looking at it. It is still readable and definitely worth
it for someone that does not have a manual or lost theirs. In short nice
work. I hope you kept the 48mb version just in case someone wants to
make a print copy at some point. But regardless it is a good resource.

-GM

On 2/4/2007 2:18 PM, KilrPilr wrote:
> You are welcome. Yes it took awhile to do. Prolly 7 hours altogether and I
> had to compress the heck out of it to make the archive a decent size (it
> started out at 48MB's ) but I think its still all legible and worthy. :)

KilrPilr

Feb 4, 2007, 5:37:00 PM2/4/07
Yes I still have the big version. I wont delete it. In fact, if anyone wants
it I would be glad to post it on alt.binaries.warez.cbm or any other group
for that matter so people can dload it. I cant host this big of file
unfortunately.

"gamemaster" <gamemast...@hotmailnull.com.invalid> wrote in message

Leif Bloomquist

Feb 5, 2007, 10:01:25 AM2/5/07
"KilrPilr" <commod...@removehotmail.com> wrote in message

> You are welcome. Yes it took awhile to do. Prolly 7 hours altogether and I
> had to compress the heck out of it to make the archive a decent size (it
> started out at 48MB's ) but I think its still all legible and worthy. :)

Thanks!

How small does it compress if you use PNG compression for the pages instead?
That would help with the legibility, but will hopefully still compress well
(lots of white space on the page)

gamemaster

Feb 5, 2007, 5:40:38 PM2/5/07
On 2/5/2007 10:01 AM, Leif Bloomquist wrote:
> "KilrPilr" wrote in message

Well I can't say for this particular set of images but in general jpg is
a much tighter compression because it "throws" away unused (generally
unseen) bits This is why it is called "lossy" and why you don't want to
save to jpg as you are working on it as it will continue to degrade with
each save as more bits are thrown away. PNG is by comparison "lossless"
so since it keeps all of its data as the original (as a zip file will
do) it will be larger than a jpg of the same image.

-GM

gamemaster

Feb 5, 2007, 5:41:54 PM2/5/07

Oh here is a good article comparing the two:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNG

-GM

BlackJack

Feb 6, 2007, 2:19:29 AM2/6/07
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:40:38 +0000, gamemaster wrote:

> On 2/5/2007 10:01 AM, Leif Bloomquist wrote:
>> How small does it compress if you use PNG compression for the pages instead?
>> That would help with the legibility, but will hopefully still compress well
>> (lots of white space on the page)
>>

> Well I can't say for this particular set of images but in general jpg is
> a much tighter compression because it "throws" away unused (generally
> unseen) bits

But it also introduces some really ugly block artifacts. For pure b/w
source material TIFF with CCITT Group4 compression is a good choice.
Lossless and usually better compression than PNG. That compression
algorithm was developed for FAX.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Jeremy

Feb 10, 2007, 4:59:01 PM2/10/07

I tried to hit you up for the 48 meg archive via dcc last weekened but
did not get a chance to grab it from you.. Hope to see you tonight to get
it.

Jeremy supercommodoreatmaildotcom