Re: Extremely rare items for sale

Message has been deleted

Christoph Hager

May 18, 2007, 4:38:49 AM5/18/07
does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?

Christoph

Message has been deleted

donni

May 18, 2007, 6:16:46 AM5/18/07
On May 18, 10:41 am, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:

> On May 18, 1:38 am, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>
> > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> > Christoph
>
> It's not for everybody I am a serious collector and that who my
> auctions are meant for. There are plenty of auctions for people that
> want bargains. You won't find my stuff on ebay very often. So move
> on....

I thought you where tired of being attacked on this group and you
"found you're home at lemon64"?
At first I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now i'm sure.....
you're full of it!
You're auction's are ridiculously overpriced for you're so called
"serious collectors", what a joke!
You have to be a seriously retarded to buy some of the stuff you are
trying to sell at those prices.
For example a MAX machine mini basic cartridge, sure it's rare but
$895 .... WTF???
Nobody in it's right mind is interested in what you have to offer so
please do what you told everybody here not so long ago, STAY AT
LEMON64.

Ruud

May 18, 2007, 6:19:10 AM5/18/07
On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
> does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> Christoph

Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

--
___
/ __|__

winston...@yahoo.com

May 18, 2007, 8:06:46 AM5/18/07
On May 18, 6:19 am, Ruud <Ruud.Baltis...@abp.nl> wrote:
> On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>
> > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> > Christoph
>
> Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
> to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
> not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
> obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

I hate to say "I told you so", but I did say he might be turning it
all into an internet store, and that we had a TI-99 one where the guy
charged high prices for some stuff and fair for others.

This store makes the TI-99 one seem reasonable. I suggest the name
"Collecting Dust" is right...

Dragos

May 18, 2007, 8:54:22 AM5/18/07
On May 18, 8:06 am, "winston19842...@yahoo.com"

The beauty is, someone listed a whole bunch of "hacker Cartridges"
starting at .99. heh, sooooo rare.

btw, I paid les than $10 for every isepik, mach 5/125/fastload/final
cart/action replay, and I have a shitpile more than worldlam. I guess
I'll let his stew then list mine.(and no, he won't be allowed to bid
on mine) See, I try to keep it friendly. You never know who will
have something you really want, and if you try to overcharge them on
something they want, you'll get screwed in the end.

you are right he can do whatever he wants, good for him. but here is
a "serious collector" that will never be welcomed into the
community. I know that some really cool stuff was sold to Bo
Zimmerman and not even offered to worldlam, even though worldlam would
have probably paid more. And I will do my best to keep club sales
from going to him too, since we are about the most reasonably priced
C= stuff on the net.

a7yvm1...@netzero.com

May 18, 2007, 9:20:55 AM5/18/07
On May 18, 3:44 am, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:
> I should not need a introduction most of you know me from ebay.
>
> We have very rare commodore hardware and software for sale.
>
> We specialize in commodore, atari, apple, and ibm vintage sales.
>
> Please visit our ebay store at:
>
> http://stores.ebay.com/Collecting-Dust-Computer-Recyclers
>
> We have setup BUY IT NOW's but also MAKE A OFFER. I will concider all
> reasonable offers.
>
> Have a nice evening,
>
> worldlam

Well I guess it makes the 40$ for "cloneimals" look reasonable.

David Murray

May 18, 2007, 9:41:39 AM5/18/07
Commodore MAX Road Race Game Cartridge - $US $495.00 ??
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Commodore 64 Ultima VI by Origin Factory Sealed US $795.00 - Surely
it is a JOKE!
Commodore MAX Radar Rat Race Game Cartridge US $349.00 ??
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Ultima II Revenge of the Enchantress First Copy Big Box - $1,195.00 -
Please stop the CRACK PIPE and join us back on planet earth!

Hey, I have an old blender in my closet, I think it is from a few
years back. I should sell it online for $1,500. Wait... why do that
when I can sell it for $20,000.. then I can guy buy that new Prius I
want. I mean, if people will pay this kind of price for this guy's
junk, surely they'll pay $20,000 for an old blender, right?

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 11:49:07 AM5/18/07
donni wrote:

> I thought you where tired of being attacked on this group and you
> "found you're home at lemon64"?

It would seem that his greed overpowered his distaste for this free and
open forum. As for Lemon, he's being ripped to shreds over there too. He
asked the mods to stop people from calling him on his behaviour but they
are a little busy deleting posts he made in violation of Lemon's rules.

Douchebaggery at its finest.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Brian Ketterling

May 18, 2007, 12:35:12 PM5/18/07
In news:1179483550.3...@q23g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
Ruud <Ruud.Ba...@abp.nl> wrote:

> All these things he wants

> to sell are his. So he is free to [do] with them what he likes...

He may end up learning to make them into furniture.

> Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

I think "Worldlam" has fallen into the false perception that "collectibles"
are an investment. You should buy them because you like them. In this
case, he would have done better buying stocks.

Brian
--

Message has been deleted

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

May 18, 2007, 12:47:57 PM5/18/07
On 18 May 2007 00:44:49 -0700, worldlam wrote:

> http://stores.ebay.com/Collecting-Dust-Computer-Recyclers

LMAO. What a joke. It's hard to believe you expect to be taken
seriously with those prices!

--
Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz
Promote someone else.

Message has been deleted

Riccardo Rubini

May 18, 2007, 1:06:00 PM5/18/07
Ruud wrote:
> On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>> does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>>
>> Christoph
>
> Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
> to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
> not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
> obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

I would get really pissed if I were to buy an Ultimax from a private seller
and then such ridioulous overpriced ads would come along at the same time,
actually *spoiling*, with the wrong premise of such inflated prices, any
reasonable offer and deal I'd afford to do.

Worse, if some moron actually buys at those prices, they become legitimate,
it's easy to imagine the consequences within this small market, expecially
for anyone who is after those items, but at reasonable rates.

Those prices are bogus. So thumbs up to all the people who were not afraid
to speak up.

Riccardo

Message has been deleted

Riccardo Rubini

May 18, 2007, 1:14:12 PM5/18/07
worldlam wrote:

> Is $100 more in your price line for a shrinkwrapped ultima vi for the
> c64?

You're selling it for 800$, dude. I bought prototypes from Commodore people
for much less. Get a grip.

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

May 18, 2007, 1:29:07 PM5/18/07
On 18 May 2007 10:01:30 -0700, worldlam wrote:

> Make a offer do you guys know how this works?

Yes.

What works best is actual auctions, which tend to value the item at
the correct level (what the market will bear).

Don't get me wrong -- I don't care what you do. You can list those
items for $10,000 each and I don't care. If someone is crazy enough
to pay those prices, that's fine -- they get what they want and you
get what you want.

But I certainly can't take you seriously. When I saw you buying up
everything in sight for well above reasonable value, I figured you
were wealthy and filling up your collection with cool stuff with no
care for money -- something I hope to do myself one day. But now
you're trying to sell it back for even more. It's fine, of course,
just ridiculous that you think anyone will take you seriously with
those asking prices.

> You tell me what its
> worth?

I don't see anything on your list I want.

I'd like a boxed/complete Ultima IV, but I don't want to pay more than
$50 for it. Can you help me there?

> Go ahead and sell the exact same shrinkwrapped, max items, and signed
> ultimas on ebay. Oh wait.... You dont have any!

True. But even rare items (assuming for the sake of argument
everything you have there is rare) have a limited value.

The reason I can't take you seriously is simply that you've grossly
overestimated the value of the items you want to sell. It's clear you
don't know what you're doing.

Best of luck to you, though. I don't find what you are doing
offensive or wrong in any way. I just think it's silly.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

marti...@gmail.com

May 18, 2007, 2:21:10 PM5/18/07

> It's the same flamers on here that is on Lemon you guys really need to
> get a life.
>
> At least the admin on lemon is putting a stop to your abusive
> behaviors. This forum is not moderated so it will always be out of
> control.

Oh please some one get me a tissue.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

commie

May 18, 2007, 2:55:40 PM5/18/07
On May 18, 5:19 am, Ruud <Ruud.Baltis...@abp.nl> wrote:
> On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>
> > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> > Christoph
>
> Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
> to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
> not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
> obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

I agree with you Ruud. This guy is throwig away his money in a
harmless (albeit silly) way by giving it to eBay as listing prices in
exchange for the privilege of posting pretty pictures on their web
site. If that's what makes him happy, so be it. I don't understand
flaming people who do silly harmless things like this. If he didn't
know his prices were high, I might understand letting him know. But
he knows what he's doing.

Heh, on a similar note, about once a month for the last 5 years or so
I'd get an email from someone confusing my web site with a store.
They'll ask for prices and shipping on some computer or monitor or
modem. I used to reply and inform them that they've mistaken my web
site for a store, and then direct them to eBay. I would usually ask
them what they read that made them think it was a store so I could fix
it, but they never answer. Anyway, the last year or so, however, I've
simply decided to reply to such requests with prices, usually starting
in the US$500,000.00 range for each piece, although the last few
months I've started offering the equivalent prices in Mexican Pesos or
the old German Deutschmarks. I then suggest they might try eBay for
better prices and fewer smart-asses.

Noone ever took me up, although, I always offered free shipping! ;)

- Bo

Bongman

May 18, 2007, 3:04:55 PM5/18/07
worldlam <sa...@holosupplies.com> wrote in news:1179510543.812269.310510
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> Really there was always some a few dollars under me when I win a
> auction. I know exactly what I am doing you think all my buying power
> came because I don't know what I am doing?
I think you either got a bunch of credit cards and maxxed them out to buy
stuff you thought you could resell at these prices, or you got some poor
trusting fool to bankroll you. There's no way you could possibly have
looked at the market and expected your products to actually sell at the
prices you've listed.

My GUESS is that you thought you could artificially inflate the market by
paying ridiculous prices for things, and then ride the wave you'd created.
My OPINION is that it won't work.

Good luck anyway.

namgnob

Message has been deleted

a7yvm1...@netzero.com

May 18, 2007, 3:20:12 PM5/18/07
On May 18, 2:24 pm, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:
> Yeah hide behind your keyboard and keep making comments. I am
> impressed....

So what's your real name, address and phone number?

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 3:23:08 PM5/18/07
worldlam wrote:

> Golan I have never deleted one post so stir up all the drama you want

No, I said that the admins at Lemon 64 were deleting your posts because
you refuse to follow Lemon's rules. It's amusing that you are also asking
the admins to delete the posts of anyone that posts followups to yours.

It's clear to everyone that you're a whinging pillock.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bongman

May 18, 2007, 3:39:38 PM5/18/07
> I have not inflated nothing there was a bidder below me willing to pay
> the same price. You guys don't get it.

Yes, you've NOT inflated NOTHING.

And I DON'T think that you're NOT an asshole.

Bongman

May 18, 2007, 3:40:17 PM5/18/07

>> My GUESS is that you thought you could artificially inflate the
>> market by paying ridiculous prices for things, and then ride the wave
>> you'd created. My OPINION is that it won't work.

I see I hit a nerve, worldlamer. So which was it, credit cards, or a
gullible investor?

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 3:46:55 PM5/18/07
worldlam wrote:

> Yeah hide behind your keyboard and keep making comments.

How is he hiding? You mean by posting under an alias, "worldlam"? Don't
be silly, Mr. Beardsley.

Message has been deleted

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 4:00:59 PM5/18/07
Bongman wrote:

> I think you either got a bunch of credit cards and maxxed them out to
> buy stuff you thought you could resell at these prices, or you got some
> poor trusting fool to bankroll you.

You may find worldlam's posts to Creditboards [1] interesting. He's user
26766 [2] and he seems very interested in obtaining credit cards with high
limits.

[1] http://www.creditboards.com/mambo/
[2] http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showuser=26766

Message has been deleted

Bongman

May 18, 2007, 4:09:04 PM5/18/07
worldlam <sa...@holosupplies.com> wrote in news:1179517882.802123.33930
@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> You are the one the started all this mess my attorney wants your
> contact information we have some documents to send you.
>
> I need to hear back from you within 24 hours.

ROFL

This one's on the k00k fast track. Usually legal threats don't start until
phase 3.

namgnob

Ian Colquhoun

May 18, 2007, 4:14:58 PM5/18/07
On 2007-05-18, worldlam <sa...@holosupplies.com> wrote:
> Golan,

> You are the one the started all this mess my attorney wants your
> contact information we have some documents to send you.
>
> I need to hear back from you within 24 hours.

Hmm... I seem to recall this threat from the last time a similar thread
erupted. How'd that go anyway?

--
Ian Colquhoun

Bongman

May 18, 2007, 4:26:46 PM5/18/07
Golan Klinger <n...@sp.am> wrote in news:slrnf4s1...@trout.local:

> Bongman wrote:
>
>> I think you either got a bunch of credit cards and maxxed them out to
>> buy stuff you thought you could resell at these prices, or you got
>> some poor trusting fool to bankroll you.
>
> You may find worldlam's posts to Creditboards [1] interesting. He's
> user 26766 [2] and he seems very interested in obtaining credit cards
> with high limits.
>
> [1] http://www.creditboards.com/mambo/
> [2] http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showuser=26766

Oh look, I was right...

Bongman is wise to the ways of scam artists, can read their tiny little
minds like an open book. ;)

I predict worldlamer will completely fold in the near future. His
business model simply isn't viable, so it's inevitable. However, he
won't accept that this collapse is the result of his bad idea, instead it
will be *OUR* fault that his scheme failed.

He will present himself as a martyr in ranting posts to comp.sys.cbm and
other forums, claiming that all he ever wanted to do was to help other
collectors be able to buy stuff, and we ruined it for him.

He will outline a bunch of other problems in his life (divorce, jail,
mental illness, whatever), and describe how all of them came upon him as
a result of this.

Bonus points if he claims to be destroying a bunch of collectibles in
his fit of rage.

We should be calling him worldenardspringlam.

namgnob

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 4:35:08 PM5/18/07
worldlam wrote:

> You are the one the started all this mess my attorney wants your
> contact information we have some documents to send you.

David,

Please post the name and phone number of your attorney and I will contact
him immediately. If you're not comfortable posting that info, send me a PM
at Lemon.

Thanks.

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 4:38:32 PM5/18/07
Bongman wrote:

> We should be calling him worldenardspringlam.

Please stop! I'm tired of wiping coffee off my screen. I haven't laughed
this hard in ages.

P.S. I never thought we would encounter someone as annoying as Denard. I
was wrong, again.

christianlott1

May 18, 2007, 4:52:05 PM5/18/07
You're either a collector or seller. You are not a collector if you
are selling your stuff.

You are serious though.

A serious fucking wack job.

David Murray

May 18, 2007, 5:22:03 PM5/18/07
> What in this list would you buy at the right price?

You're right... I'm not in the market for any of it right now as I
already have most everything I want. In fact, come to think of it, I
really wouldn't want any of that stuff even for free because my
collection has grown too large and I've been trying to reduce it.

HOWEVER, as a collector of the equipment I know what most are willing
to pay for stuff and the 1541 disk drive is the only thing you have on
there with an appropriate price.

Yes, you do have the "best offer" option available, but it has been my
experience that most people will not even make an offer if the asking
price is 10X or more greater than their budget for that item. Sort
of like haggling with a car, you don't walk into a dealership where
the sticker price is $20,000 and offer them $50 for it.

In your defense... I have at times seen otherwise useless stuff sell
for outrageous prices. I think one time I saw a 1571 drive go for
quite a lot. So these flukes can happen and there are always idiots
out there who have won the lottery or inherited a lot of money and
don't know how to spend it wisely.

Tom Peranteau

May 18, 2007, 5:23:23 PM5/18/07
He is right. I am also a serious collector and have been for many years. I
have probably over $8000 invested in part of my collection of Commodore
equipment. I have the means to buy whatever I wish, but what you have here
amounts to average. You are priced WAY out of your league.

"worldlam" <sa...@holosupplies.com> wrote in message

> On May 18, 1:38 am, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>> does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>>
>> Christoph
>

> It's not for everybody I am a serious collector and that who my
> auctions are meant for. There are plenty of auctions for people that
> want bargains. You won't find my stuff on ebay very often. So move
> on....

ramswell

May 18, 2007, 5:27:31 PM5/18/07

Well having been in a similar situation to his many times in the
past, I can relate. However, me owning 8-Bit Designs and knowing that
market is in a continual state of flux and change, I have enough sense
to know that at this time, IT IS A BUYERS MARKET! With that being
said, Ruud was right, that he is free to charge whatever he wants to
charge. That doesn't mean that he will have shoppers flooding down his
gates like a Macy's Spring Clearance Sale by any means.

I have had people accuse me of being OVERPRICED as well, when in all
actuallity all I'm doing is covering my costs and making $5.00
(sometimes $10). THIS IS LIFE PEOPLE NOT A MISSION! If you don't want
to pay what he's asking, you can indeed move on to somewhere else
where the prices are more to your liking.

Either way I'm happy, as I got what I was asking from him on my MSD
DRIVE. Whatever he sells it for is his business, but like I said. We
all have different methods of doing business: Some offer crap for
cheap prices, some offer decent stuff for OVERINFLATED PRICES, some
offer decent stuff with ENORMOUS S&H Charges, some make you wait 100
YEARS FOR ANYTHING TO HAPPEN, and yet others (like me) are barely
covering their costs enough to buy a soda pop.

So all I have to say is:

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL in getting what we want! I am 1 part away from
having my COMMODORE 128 SUPER SYSTEM! So once I get my FD-4000 back in
working order, it will be all systems go..............

Have a great weekend everybody and thanks for taking part in "PRESS
YOUR LUCK!" Hehehehehehe

Charles>8-Bit Designs

http://www.8bitprodserv.spaces.live.com

TELNET: masterskingdom.dnsalias.org

Tom Peranteau

May 18, 2007, 5:27:45 PM5/18/07
That is funny. Speaking from a viewpoint of someone that runs a law office,
you have to prove damages. The statements here are fact-based and could be
easily proven by simple research. If you sue someone in Civil court, beware
of a counter-suit for malicious prosecution.

> Golan,

> You are the one the started all this mess my attorney wants your
> contact information we have some documents to send you.

i...@i.com

May 18, 2007, 5:29:27 PM5/18/07
LMAO!!!!!!

On 18 May 2007 13:52:05 -0700, christianlott1

Tom Peranteau

May 18, 2007, 5:29:07 PM5/18/07
You are very right. But, it is also everyone's right to post an opinion.

"Ruud" <Ruud.Ba...@abp.nl> wrote in message

> On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>> does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>>
>> Christoph
>
> Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
> to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
> not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
> obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.
>

> --
> ___
> / __|__
> / / |_/ Groetjes, Ruud
> \ \__|_\
> \___| URL: Ruud.C64.org

Tom Peranteau

May 18, 2007, 5:31:40 PM5/18/07
It may be a scam too. There may be one or two people that are exchanging
the same money back and forth in order to attempt to inflate prices.

"commie" <b...@zimmers.net> wrote in message

> On May 18, 5:19 am, Ruud <Ruud.Baltis...@abp.nl> wrote:

>> On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>>
>> > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>>
>> > Christoph
>>
>> Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
>> to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
>> not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
>> obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

Tom Peranteau

May 18, 2007, 5:38:55 PM5/18/07
But... He's worth the comic relief after a long week.

"christianlott1" <christi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

May 18, 2007, 5:43:51 PM5/18/07
On 18 May 2007 10:49:03 -0700, worldlam wrote:

> Then why get involved in the first place if you dont care?

If "caring" were a prerequisite for newsgroup involvement, Usenet
would be boring and quiet.

>> I'd like a boxed/complete Ultima IV, but I don't want to pay more than
>> $50 for it. Can you help me there?
>
> Good luck on your search I have monitored every ultima auction and
> have NEVER seen a boxed ultima 6 sell for that.

Neither have I, because most people are interested in Ultima IV, just
like I said I was. I'm not interested in Ultima VI. By the time VI
came out I had moved past C64 already, so it doesn't have any real
value to me on a nostalgic level like IV does.

And, BTW, I don't need it shrinkwrapped; just complete.

>> The reason I can't take you seriously is simply that you've grossly
>> overestimated the value of the items you want to sell. It's clear you
>> don't know what you're doing.
>
> Really there was always some a few dollars under me when I win a
> auction.

Duh, that's how auctions work. I'm sure your proxy bids were
typically higher than what you paid, too.

> I know exactly what I am doing you think all my buying power
> came because I don't know what I am doing?

No, didn't say that. I have no idea, nor do I care, how you got your
buying power.

>> Best of luck to you, though. I don't find what you are doing
>> offensive or wrong in any way. I just think it's silly.
>
> I hear you think its silly but its my inventory and it is extrememly
> rare but not to you it isnt.

I don't know about "extremely," but my opinion of how "rare" your
items are is irrelevant. They are either rare or not regardless of
what I think!

--
Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz
Promote someone else.

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

May 18, 2007, 5:45:59 PM5/18/07
On 18 May 2007 12:29:09 -0700, worldlam wrote:

> I have not inflated nothing there was a bidder below me willing to pay
> the same price. You guys don't get it.

At first I thought you didn't know what you were doing. Now I think
you're a moron.

If you expect to make a profit on an item, you need to obtain it at a
price significantly *less than* the retail value of it. Walmart
doesn't pay $1.95 for an item it sells for $2.00!

If you bought up all this inventory expecting to turn a profit on it,
you are in for a very disappointing reality check. If there were lots
of people out there willing to pay MORE than what YOU paid for it, you
wouldn't have won the auctions.

christianlott1

May 18, 2007, 5:55:51 PM5/18/07
All this talk about
'he has a right to post whatever price he wants'
is completely bogus and misleading.

No one here is making a case to prosecute him for bidding or posting
stupid prices. His 'right' to do what he wishes has NEVER been called
into question.

We're just saying he's an asshole for doing it.

On the other hand, by changing the subject to insinuate anyone who
calls him an asshole must desire to change US and international law is
nothing short of diabolical! Suddenly anyone opposed to Worllaminate
is a fascist!

Here again, all I got to say is Fuck Ya'll!

This forum is here for people to voice their opinion and that's
exactly what we're doing.

Golan Klinger

May 18, 2007, 6:01:30 PM5/18/07
Speaking of Denard Springle, worldlam has gone and posted a resignation
letter to Lemon where he wrote:

"This is my last post here and on comp.sys.cbm"
- worldlam

Yeah, sure it is. I'll believe it when I don't see him. I suspect it is
a Springleseque resignation where he keeps coming back like three day old
chili. You can't keep a good k00k down.

a7yvm1...@netzero.com

May 18, 2007, 6:03:12 PM5/18/07
On May 18, 3:27 pm, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:
> On May 18, 12:20 pm, a7yvm109gf...@netzero.com wrote:

> > > Yeah hide behind your keyboard and keep making comments. I am
> > > impressed....
>
> > So what's your real name, address and phone number?
>
> Why would you want that information and I may choose to give it to
> you.

Oh stop hiding behind your keyboard and answer the question. I'm not
impressed.

Riccardo Rubini

May 18, 2007, 6:48:43 PM5/18/07
worldlam wrote:
> On May 18, 10:14 am, "Riccardo Rubini" <rub...@despammed.com> wrote:
>> worldlam wrote:
>>> Is $100 more in your price line for a shrinkwrapped ultima vi for
>>> the c64?
>>
>> You're selling it for 800$, dude. I bought prototypes from Commodore
>> people for much less. Get a grip.
>
> You didnt answer my question.

I have no interest in your stuff - thank God. So, in my very own case, 0$
would be my price line for anything you've got on sale up there. Sorry to
disappoint you.

christianlott1

May 18, 2007, 7:11:56 PM5/18/07
blah blah you hurt my feelings, i'm getting my lawyer.....

Lance Lyon

May 18, 2007, 9:39:54 PM5/18/07
I did a quick comparison on worlams items & sold items on eBay :

Article Wordlam
eBay average

serial cable $US10
Between $US.99 & $US6.99 (all unsold)
A2000 w/SCSCi w/3.1 roms $US220 $US90 (unsold) $US99
(sold)
Ultima VI (PC boxed) $US695 Between $US2
& $US17 (boxed)
Ultima V (Atari ST) $US995 various
platforms (boxed) - top price $US69
Wizball (C64) $US595
$GBP2.20 (boxed)
Times of Lore $US495 $UA17
(not sold) (boxed)

Hmmmmm.......

cheers,

Lance

Simon Scott

May 18, 2007, 10:36:19 PM5/18/07
On Fri, 18 May 2007 01:38:49 -0700, Christoph Hager wrote:

> does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> Christoph

Whats the problem? Youre not forced to bid.

Sam Gillett

May 19, 2007, 2:18:33 AM5/19/07

"David Murray" <adr...@yahoo.com> wrote ...

> Ultima II Revenge of the Enchantress First Copy Big Box - $1,195.00 -
> Please stop the CRACK PIPE and join us back on planet earth!

I got a good laugh out of that one too. ;-)

> Hey, I have an old blender in my closet, I think it is from a few
> years back. I should sell it online for $1,500. Wait... why do that
> when I can sell it for $20,000.. then I can guy buy that new Prius I
> want. I mean, if people will pay this kind of price for this guy's
> junk, surely they'll pay $20,000 for an old blender, right?

I hope you can stand a little competition. I have a RARE old blender that I
will sell for $21,000 plus $500 S&H. ;-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes!

bud

May 19, 2007, 2:15:53 AM5/19/07

Group: comp.sys.cbm Date: Fri, May 18, 2007, 12:51pm (CDT-2) From:
sa...@holosupplies.com (worldlam)

script:

>You are the one the started all
>this mess my attorney wants
>your contact information we have
>some documents to send you.
>
>I need to hear back from you
>within 24 hours.

Oh! Wait! Is this Weirdstar in disguise? ((-;

Obviously a standard-issue bullshit artist, anyway.

dowcom

To e-mail me, add the character zero to "dowcom". i.e.:
dowcom(zero)(at)webtv(dot)net.

--
http://community.webtv.net/dowcom/DOWCOMSAMSTRADGUIDE

MSWindows is television,… Linux is radar.

Riccardo Rubini

May 19, 2007, 4:26:41 AM5/19/07
worldlam wrote:

> Drive on up here to Oregon.

Is Rick Balkins from Oregon too, isn't he? Do they grow some special drugs
there? Balkins has been quiet for a while now, so someone thought maybe we
were in need of a substitute...

personable85

May 19, 2007, 12:22:37 PM5/19/07
Hello,

I checked out Worldlam's Ebay store. It's missing a lot of stuff.
Worldlam bought a lot more computer hardware and software than is
being resold at his ebay store. Where's the rest of the stuff?

Worldlam, are you selling any PET stuff?

Mark

Tom Peranteau

May 19, 2007, 1:38:41 PM5/19/07
No, but he can comment on posts here.

"Simon Scott" <scotty...@amnet.net.au> wrote in message

christianlott1

May 19, 2007, 2:35:48 PM5/19/07
On May 19, 12:38 pm, "Tom Peranteau" <tomperant...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> No, but he can comment on posts here.

EXACTLY!

Ruud, Simon and Bo obviously don't understand what it's like to have
an opinion outside of law binding commands.

As for Rick being worldlam.... I did notice an auction a few weeks ago
for an Ultima 3 where both WIldstart and worlscam bid.

What does this mean?

Yup. He's now provably schizophrenic.

Sam Gillett

May 19, 2007, 2:47:12 PM5/19/07

"Riccardo Rubini" wrote ...

Could it be that Rick has maxed out all his credit cards and morphed into
worldlam?

Whatever, this thread started by worldlam has generated more traffic here on
comp.sys.cbm than all the other threads combined in the last week or so.
Seems that everyone either despises him or admires him. Personally, I don't
quite know what to think of him.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Why is the third hand on a watch
called the second hand?

DanSolo

May 19, 2007, 5:39:41 PM5/19/07
On May 19, 7:47 pm, "Sam Gillett" <samgillettnos...@diespammermsn.com>
wrote:

> Whatever, this thread started by worldlam has generated more traffic here on
> comp.sys.cbm than all the other threads combined in the last week or so.
> Seems that everyone either despises him or admires him. Personally, I don't
> quite know what to think of him.
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Sam Gillett
>
> Why is the third hand on a watch
> called the second hand?

Judged solely on number of posts per thread, I think the only thing
comp.sys.cbm people dislike more that worldlam is the ZX Spectrum. I
can certainly see why he doesn't want anybody saying his prices are
ridiculous though, it's bad for his business if everyone knows the
ballpark prices for these things.

christianlott1

May 19, 2007, 6:14:15 PM5/19/07
As for this 'BUYING POWER' claim...

When I saw how much worlam was buying this stuff for I assumed (like
many other people) he ran into a bunch of money and believed him when
he said he was buying all the stuff he never had a chance to buy when
he was younger. That's what he said. He also has called himself a
'serious' collector.

Now he says he has 'paid dearly' for these items. Now we know he's
maxed out credit cards on his buying binge. So what kind of -buying
power- is that?

That's someone who has a serious -buying problem-. When you spend more
than you can afford. When you claim to want these items for yourself
then turn around and sell them back - you obviously don't know what
you want and are digging a shallow little grave for yourself.

He says he knows what he's doing. He thinks since he's been successful
at one business he suddenly has this omniscient business intelligence
which allows him to be successful at everything he lays his hands on.

If he wasn't so rude and cocky I'd feel sorry for the bastard.

I think he's hiding his name now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CMD-RamLink-Manual-Disks-more_W0QQitemZ280115508164QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"User ID kept private"

I'll feel sorry for him anyway. Poor sorry little toad.

Sam Gillett

May 19, 2007, 6:36:35 PM5/19/07

"DanSolo" wrote ...

> On May 19, 7:47 pm, "Sam Gillett" <samgillettnos...@diespammermsn.com>
> wrote:
>> Whatever, this thread started by worldlam has generated more traffic here
>> on
>> comp.sys.cbm than all the other threads combined in the last week or so.
>> Seems that everyone either despises him or admires him. Personally, I
>> don't
>> quite know what to think of him.
>

> Judged solely on number of posts per thread, I think the only thing
> comp.sys.cbm people dislike more that worldlam is the ZX Spectrum. I
> can certainly see why he doesn't want anybody saying his prices are
> ridiculous though, it's bad for his business if everyone knows the
> ballpark prices for these things.

It is too bad that he did not choose the Spectrum to max out his credit cards
on. ;-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

UFO's are real.
It's the Air Force that doesn't exist!

Andrew Wiskow

May 19, 2007, 8:00:51 PM5/19/07
On May 19, 3:14 pm, christianlott1 <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think he's hiding his name now:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/CMD-RamLink-Manual-Disks-more_W0QQitemZ2801155081...
>
> "User ID kept private"

Keeping the high bidder User ID private is something that is set by
the seller, not the buyer. If you look at that particular seller's
other auctions, they're all set that way.

-Andrew
___
/ __|__ Cottonwood BBS
/ / |_/ telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com
\ \__|_\ Open 24/7 -=- 50 Online Games!
\___| http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs

James @ cbm264

May 19, 2007, 8:06:19 PM5/19/07
> I think he's hiding his name now:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/CMD-RamLink-Manual-Disks-more_W0QQitemZ2801155081...

> "User ID kept private"
> I'll feel sorry for him anyway. Poor sorry little toad.

WTF?? That listing is specifically marked "This is a private listing.
Your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller. If
you are already bidding on this item, view your bidder status."

If you think Worldlam is the seller, he's not. The seller is the
person who built the 128 Tower, Mr. Al Anger. It was Mr. Anger who
made this auction "private", not Worldlam, and Mr. Anger did so when
he created the listing.

James

christianlott1

May 19, 2007, 8:45:31 PM5/19/07
On May 19, 7:06 pm, "James @ cbm264" <doctorduc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think he's hiding his name now:
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/CMD-RamLink-Manual-Disks-more_W0QQitemZ2801155081...
> > "User ID kept private"
> > I'll feel sorry for him anyway. Poor sorry little toad.
>
> WTF??

ok ok.

chill. i made a mistake.

he's still a sorry toad.

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

May 20, 2007, 12:36:43 AM5/20/07
On 19 May 2007 17:45:31 -0700, christianlott1 wrote:

> chill. i made a mistake.
>
> he's still a sorry toad.

And you're still a moron.

christianlott1

May 20, 2007, 1:18:08 AM5/20/07
On May 19, 11:36 pm, "Lance Corporal \"Hammer\" Schultz"

<starfist.at.gmail.dot.com> wrote:
> On 19 May 2007 17:45:31 -0700, christianlott1 wrote:
>
> > chill. i made a mistake.
>
> > he's still a sorry toad.
>
> And you're still a moron.

And you're still a fag.

Patrick de Zeester

May 20, 2007, 3:50:39 AM5/20/07
DanSolo wrote:

> Judged solely on number of posts per thread, I think the only thing
> comp.sys.cbm people dislike more that worldlam is the ZX Spectrum.

I wouldn't call it dislike, both have a certain entertainment value in
there own unique way.

RaYzor

May 20, 2007, 9:36:31 AM5/20/07

"donni" <sx...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 18, 10:41 am, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:

> > On May 18, 1:38 am, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
> >
> > > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
> >
> > > Christoph
> >
> >--- SNIP ---<
> For example a MAX machine mini basic cartridge, sure it's rare but
> $895 .... WTF???
> Nobody in it's right mind is interested in what you have to offer so
> please do what you told everybody here not so long ago, STAY AT
> LEMON64.

Not to act like I am defending Wordlam here, but it really depends on what
the buyer is willing to pay for an item.

Back in 2001 I sold a MAX Machine mint in box for a lot of money, much more
than the $900 he is asking. I am not positive but I think I was the first
person to list one on eBay back then. After that, I started aquiring more
MAX Machines and while reselling them for a much lower price, it was
apparent that after people knew they were in the wild and obtainable, they
were not nearly worth what i got for the first one.

The last MAX Machine I got to actually keep. Of course that all changed
when I sold it at about cost on eBay thanks to being out of work for a while
and having a ton of bills to pay.

Point is, the market for that machine, and other rarities such as a chicklet
keyboard 2001, is definetly dictated by what one buyer is willing to pay.
These days, most of the people who want this stuff know its worth X amount
of dollars and thats all they will pay, because if they look hard enough
they will find one at that price.

RaYzor

Dopple

May 20, 2007, 2:43:38 PM5/20/07
Well, I guess I'll chime in, as there aren't enough responses aleady... ;)

Worldlam,

You call yourself a "collector".

Hardly.

I know I'm a collector. Many people who know me, know my basement full of
stuff, and I've never posted any of it on any auction site. I'm collecting.
Eventually, I may sell off some of it, as I don't need the pile of 41's, printer
interfaces, etc. But, most likely, I'll sell it off of e-bay. And I REFUSE to
sell anything as "untested". Just a little testing, cleaning, and maybe an
alignment makes the stuff so much better looking, and gives the buyer confidence
that they're not gonna buy a paperweight.

You're more like an antique store. Good inventory, inflated prices. Really, if
you can get that much for your stuff, by all means, get it. But don't come off
as a "collector"... maybe try "pawn shop" or "reseller of collectibles".

Don't take this as some snyde remark, what you're reading is just from my
obvervations on ebay, csc, and lemon.

-Dopple

MagerValp

May 20, 2007, 4:22:44 PM5/20/07

S> I'd like a boxed/complete Ultima IV, but I don't want to pay more than
S> $50 for it. Can you help me there?

w> Good luck on your search I have monitored every ultima auction and
w> have NEVER seen a boxed ultima 6 sell for that.

I have U3-U6 boxed in nice condition, and the most I've paid for one
is $30. Bargains are out there, you just have to be patient. Having
nice friends looking out for you also helps :)

--
___ . . . . . + . . o
_|___|_ + . + . + . Per Olofsson, arkadspelare

Michael

May 21, 2007, 10:10:47 AM5/21/07
On May 18, 1:07 pm, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:

> Is $100 more in your price line for a shrinkwrappedultima vifor the
> c64?

This wasn't addressed to me, but here's my two bits about
shrinkwrapped games, and in particular Ultima VI for the C64.

When I was a teenager, I spent $60 to purchase the C64 version of
Ultima VI right when it came out. After playing it a little bit, I had
to face the fact that I'd just blown a huge chunk of my paycheck on a
piece of crap. If only stores would take back opened games...

At work the next day, operating the shrinkwrap machine, it suddenly
occurred to me how easy it would be to UN-open my game. It was
otherwise new since I'd only played it 20 minutes or so, and the box
and manual didn't even have any visible fingerprint smudges on them.
So, having about as much conscience as your typical American teenager,
I brought the game to work with me that same week, made it "new"
again, reapplied all the stickers carefully to the new plastic
afterward, and returned the game to the store that weekend for a full
refund.

I guess the point of this is, that sealed copy of Ultima VI you have?
It might be the very same one I returned to the store that day. I
don't know where you got your copy from originally, but unless you
received it direct from the factory, which it doesn't look like since
it has a store's price sticker on it, you may want to consider whether
shrinkwrap and a shiny label really mean much.

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

May 21, 2007, 10:33:54 AM5/21/07
On 21 May 2007 07:10:47 -0700, Michael wrote:

> I guess the point of this is, that sealed copy of Ultima VI you have?
> It might be the very same one I returned to the store that day. I
> don't know where you got your copy from originally, but unless you
> received it direct from the factory, which it doesn't look like since
> it has a store's price sticker on it, you may want to consider whether
> shrinkwrap and a shiny label really mean much.

Software stores routinely re-shrink returned items (for stores that
accept open returns). At least they did when I worked in one many
years ago.

The thing about getting a shrink-wrapped vintage game is that you
don't want to open it because you'll destroy the perceived value of an
unopened item, but at the same time, you can't know for sure what's IN
the box unless you do!

DanSolo

May 21, 2007, 11:45:38 AM5/21/07
On May 21, 3:33 pm, "Lance Corporal \"Hammer\" Schultz"

I don't specifically buy games because they're sealed. I plan on
playing them after all! I think the proportion of sealed to non-sealed
games is suspiciously high though. Maybe we should just take "sealed"
to mean "mint", as that's the only way the seller can get away with it.

Ruud

May 22, 2007, 6:33:03 AM5/22/07
On 19 mei, 20:35, christianlott1 <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ruud, Simon and Bo obviously don't understand what it's like to have
> an opinion outside of law binding commands.

Sorry, I'm Dutch and have problems with the three last words. I know
what the individual words mean but the combination puzzles me. Honest,
no joke.

--
___
/ __|__

Ruud

May 22, 2007, 7:11:22 AM5/22/07
Hallo Worldlam,

> > I'd like a boxed/complete Ultima IV, but I don't want to pay more than

> > $50 for it. Can you help me there?
>

> Good luck on your search I have monitored every ultima auction and

> have NEVER seen a boxed ultima 6 sell for that.

"IV" means "4", not "6". Hmmm, this triggered the thought that you
maybe have problems with arithmetics and misplaced the decimal point
in your prices? :)

Regarding your prices, as said before, you're free to sell things for
whatever the price you like. And if you find someone willing to pay
it, my congratulations. Honestly.

But I really feel sorry for those people who really COLLECT things,
are looking for something they really want and have to realize it is
there for prices they never can afford.
I used to collect stamps. But at one day I realized that I had to pay
about $200 for what suddenly was nothing more then just a small piece
of paper. From that moment on I stopped collecting completely.

About 12 years ago I bought my KIM in a period we hadn't that much
money and still my wife allowed me to buy it (I still love her for
this). After getting it I realized I was almost afraid to do anything
with it, afraid destroying a lot of money. Some years ago I was given
a D-6800, a 6800 equivalent of the KIM, swapped it for a KIM, sold
that one for about $220 (inflation, not profit) and gave the money to
my wife. Ahhh, freedom! I eaven lent the KIM to my 9 year old son to
show at school :)

I also wanted to have a SuperPET because of the 2 CPU system. But $500
or more was way out of my interest. Interest, not budget. Two years
ago I was given one for free. Plus a PET64. No kidding! OK, this
person got some items from me for free as well quite some time before,
but I got them for free as well and were given to him with the words:
if have something interesting for me, you know where I live. Being
active on Ebay he could have had quite some money for it! This is
someone you can call "friend".

Some month ago I was given a P500 for free. Just because some good C=
friends thought of me when this person offered the P500 to the club
(http://commodore-gg.hobby.nl/).

The above is not said to show off, but just to tell you that sometime
the force, luck or whatever can be with you the moment you least
expect. (But I always loose with Bingo)

What also makes things different is age. I'm sure that tweny years ago
I would have reacted more violent (???) then I do now :) The older,
the wiser, shall we say?

Brian Ketterling

May 22, 2007, 12:43:29 PM5/22/07
In news:1179829983....@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com,
Ruud <Ruud.Ba...@abp.nl> wrote:

> On 19 mei, 20:35, christianlott1 <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Ruud, Simon and Bo obviously don't understand what it's like to have
>> an opinion outside of law binding commands.
>
> Sorry, I'm Dutch and have problems with the three last words. I know
> what the individual words mean but the combination puzzles me. Honest,
> no joke.

I'm American and didn't understand either.

Brian

a7yvm1...@netzero.com

May 22, 2007, 5:35:49 PM5/22/07

You should be happy it's only three words. Usually his posts have far
larger number of words that puzzle me.

Sam Gillett

May 22, 2007, 9:13:16 PM5/22/07

"Ruud" wrote ...

> On 19 mei, 20:35, christianlott1 <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Ruud, Simon and Bo obviously don't understand what it's like to have
>> an opinion outside of law binding commands.
>
> Sorry, I'm Dutch and have problems with the three last words. I know
> what the individual words mean but the combination puzzles me. Honest,
> no joke.

Paraphrased, he said, "Let me blow smoke up your ass." ;-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

Sam Gillett

May 22, 2007, 9:18:54 PM5/22/07

"Ruud" wrote ...

> The above is not said to show off, but just to tell you that sometime
> the force, luck or whatever can be with you the moment you least
> expect. (But I always loose with Bingo)

I understand how you feel about Bingo. I have not won the lottery yet.
:-(
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

If you don't pay your exorcist,
will you become repossessed?

christianlott1

May 23, 2007, 9:38:16 AM5/23/07

- Enough comments from the peanut gallery. -

Hey Ruud,

On May 22, 5:33 am, Ruud <Ruud.Baltis...@abp.nl> wrote:
> On 19 mei, 20:35, christianlott1 <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Ruud, Simon and Bo obviously don't understand what it's like to have
> > an opinion outside of law binding commands.

Meaning that if I voice my opinion on something that must mean that I
want it to become law.

Like if I say "I hate cotton candy" and you say "well, if you don't
like it, don't eat it" implies *we don't want to hear your opinion*.
If you also said "he has every right to sell cotton candy" implies
"because the rest of us like it and if you force them to stop making
it none of us will be able to eat it."

In fact, my hating cotton candy has nothing to do with your right to
eat it and someone else's right to manufacture it.

In this case:

On May 18, 5:19 am, Ruud <Ruud.Baltis...@abp.nl> wrote:

> On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>
> > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> > Christoph
>

> Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
> to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
> not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
> obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.

Do you think Christoph believes these items are really not his or
SHOULD NOT be his?
Do you think Christoph is implying worldlam should not have the RIGHT
to sell at whatever price he wants?
Actually nowhere in his one line post does he make that inference, he
is merely stating an opinion.
In your next line: "That he is not making friends with this particular
behaviour, that should be obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing
to pay his prices." - you are obviously agreeing with his comment 100%
- ie. 'ridiculous overpriced'.

Next we have Bo:

On May 18, 1:55 pm, commie <b...@zimmers.net> wrote:
> On May 18, 5:19 am, Ruud <Ruud.Baltis...@abp.nl> wrote:

> > On 18 mei, 10:38, Christoph Hager <c...@futuretask.de> wrote:
>
> > > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> > > Christoph
>

> > Some years ago I changed my mind about this. All these things he wants
> > to sell are his. So he is free to with them what he likes. That he is
> > not making friends with this particular behaviour, that should be
> > obvious. Just pity the fools who are willing to pay his prices.
>
> I agree with you Ruud. This guy is throwig away his money in a
> harmless (albeit silly) way by giving it to eBay as listing prices in
> exchange for the privilege of posting pretty pictures on their web
> site. If that's what makes him happy, so be it. I don't understand
> flaming people who do silly harmless things like this. If he didn't
> know his prices were high, I might understand letting him know. But

> he knows what he's doing.

Flaming people? If you get your feelings hurt by my opinion it's a
flame. Everyone here has control over their own opinions and in fact,
their own feelings as well. If Worldlam feels hurt by those opinions,
that's entirely his own difficulty.

By your own slant, do you think people should not be allowed to voice
their own opinion if you may possibly hurt someone elses feelings?

Shees.

And: "But he knows what he's doing."

Highly debatable.

And here is another excellent example (from Simon):

On May 18, 9:36 pm, Simon Scott <scotty_nos...@amnet.net.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2007 01:38:49 -0700, Christoph Hager wrote:
> > does the phrase 'ridiculous overpriced' mean something for you?
>
> > Christoph
>

> Whats the problem? Youre not forced to bid.

The problem is he is overpriced. When did coercion enter the picture?

Here Simon is inferring that Christoph believes (with that statement)
worldlam should not be allowed to post such stupid prices. We are not
debating law (which would deal with people's rights and imply the use
of force), we are stating opinions.

Christian

christianlott1

May 23, 2007, 10:29:11 PM5/23/07
Message has been deleted

Golan Klinger

May 24, 2007, 6:08:04 PM5/24/07
See? He says he's leaving but he doesn't leave. He's a reincarnation of
Denard Springle. The big difference is that worldlam likes to throw around
vague legal threats.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Sam Gillett

May 24, 2007, 10:45:12 PM5/24/07

"Golan Klinger" wrote ...

> See? He says he's leaving but he doesn't leave. He's a reincarnation of
> Denard Springle. The big difference is that worldlam likes to throw around
> vague legal threats.

Didn't Springle make a few legal threats also?

At least worldlam doesn't needlessly insult everyone who does not agree with
him as Springle did. Perhaps there is still hope that worldlam will become a
valued member of this community, if given a chance.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

ramswell

May 26, 2007, 9:41:08 PM5/26/07
On May 24, 2:16 pm, worldlam <s...@holosupplies.com> wrote:
> On May 23, 7:29 pm, christianlott1 <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=4505522&wtopic=commodo...

> > Multiplan on the Commodore 64 $2000
>
> > (just so he doesn't feel singled out)
>
> Wow 92 posts I feel special....
>
> Anyhow I have heard from most of you and since there is a overwelming
> demand for inexpensive commodore items we are creating a bargain bin
> just for you.
>
> All items will be $10.00 and under and we have alot of it. Just so you
> guys don't feel left out :)
>
> Give me a couple of days I am going out to the shop and round it all
> up.

That would be GREAT! Can you please send up a LINK of sorts to the
"Bargain Bin" so we can dig through the "Blue Light Specials" that are
in it and see what we want?

I just had a guy come here from Burbank and pick up 5 boxes of stuff
FOR FREE!!!! That really helped me clean up some of these messes that
I've made over the past few months.... Lololol

Charles>8-Bit Designs
http://www.8bitprodserv.spaces.live.com
TELNET BBS: masterskingdom.dnsalias.org

Message has been deleted