MultiTOS Gemini 1.99 console interaction problem

1 Aufruf
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Ton van Overbeek

ungelesen,
24.01.1994, 02:50:1524.01.94
an
When trying out Gemini 1.99 together with MultiTOS 1.0 (Mint 1.04 + AES 4.0)
on my TT I noticed the following problem.
When running a TOS/TTP program in the console window both Gemini and the TOS/TTP
program are competing for keyboard input. Very annoying when running something
like more and you have to hit the space bar a number of times till the next
page appears. After exiting more you then get all the 'missed' spaces echoed.
I suppose this is a generic problem when running any TOS/TTP program in
Gemini's console window.
Has anybody else noticed this ? Any explanation and/or fixes or workarounds
known ? Does any of our German friends have some more info from the
Gemini MAUS group ?

Ton van Overbeek, tvov...@wk.estec.esa.nl

Harald Weidner

ungelesen,
28.01.1994, 10:12:4728.01.94
an
In article <CK4J3...@wm.estec.esa.nl>,

Ton van Overbeek <tvov...@estwk5.estec.esa.nl> wrote:
>When trying out Gemini 1.99 together with MultiTOS 1.0 (Mint 1.04 + AES 4.0)
>on my TT I noticed the following problem.
>When running a TOS/TTP program in the console window both Gemini and the TOS/TTP
>program are competing for keyboard input. Very annoying when running something
>like more and you have to hit the space bar a number of times till the next
>page appears. After exiting more you then get all the 'missed' spaces echoed.
>I suppose this is a generic problem when running any TOS/TTP program in
>Gemini's console window.
>Has anybody else noticed this

Oh yes!

The reason for this behaviour may be that programs that are started
in the Console window don't become extra processes, but the run under
the process id of Gemini. (Even Mupfel in the Console is no extra process).

But, the programs you run in the Mupfel window are TOS-Programs with
receive their keyboard inputs from Gemdos- or Bios calls. Gemini itself
(including the Console windos) is a GEM Program that uses AES Calls for
Keyboard handling. It looks like this both methodes within the same
process conflict under MultiTOS.

? Any explanation and/or fixes or workarounds known

The only fix with is know to me is: Don't use the Console Window under
MultiTOS.

The Mupfel Shell is also a standalone program (MUPFEL.TTP) which is
startable in TOSWIN or MINIWIN. Then, Mupfel is a TOS process and
the problems with running TOS programs disappear.

By the way, if the Mupfel shell runs under TOSWIN/MINIWIN, your mouse
arrow won't disappear while more-ing a file or anything like it does
in the Console.

This method has also a few disadvantages, e.g. the cd $TOPWIND command
whith is defaulted to function key F1 by profile.mup won't work anymore
because Gemini and TOSWIN/Mupfel have different environment variables.
But this things don't mind very much.

Bye, Harald
--
Harald Weidner +49 721 606500 Is there someone to hear me?
s_w...@ira.uka.de Is there no one to see?

0 neue Nachrichten