Advan BASIC to be released as public domain

Rory.A....@gmail.com

May 30, 2006, 12:01:14 PM5/30/06
Hi all,

I have been working with the author of Advan BASIC (William Graziano)
for the last couple of months in preparing the release of Advan BASIC
and the utility disks for public domain. I will be looking for a few
hosting areas for its release sometime this week.

The release will include:

1.) Disk images released for real or emulated Ataris.
2.) Documentation available in plain text, PDF, and M$ Word.

I have a few stipulations for web sites. I will be asking William for
other stipulations, but these come to mind. Just a straight forward
easy webpage will work. If you need an example see:

http://fujiman.no-ip.com/Advan/Advan.htm

We may add a comment area from the author, and other links...

1.) No pop-ups
2.) No advertising
3.) Atari browser compatible site.

I think we will also have a release competition to see what creative
minds can create with Advan BASIC!

Contact me for questions or information.

Thanks,
Rory

Ronald J. Hall

May 30, 2006, 8:03:41 PM5/30/06
On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:01:14 -0700, Rory.A.McMahon wrote:

> I have a few stipulations for web sites. I will be asking William for
> other stipulations, but these come to mind. Just a straight forward
> easy webpage will work. If you need an example see:
>
> http://fujiman.no-ip.com/Advan/Advan.htm
>
> We may add a comment area from the author, and other links...
>
> 1.) No pop-ups
> 2.) No advertising
> 3.) Atari browser compatible site.
>
> I think we will also have a release competition to see what creative
> minds can create with Advan BASIC!
>
> Contact me for questions or information.
>
> Thanks,
> Rory

How about ftp sites and BBSs? ZERO worry about pop-ups or advertising
here! :-)

--
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/ Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives!"_/

Larry

May 31, 2006, 8:18:37 AM5/31/06
Hi Rory-

Great! Good job!

Any chance that Mr. Graziano will release the source code? I bought
all these years ago (copy-protected disks), so hopefully these images
will be ATR's and not PRO.

-Larry

Rory.A....@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been working with the author of Advan BASIC (William Graziano)
> for the last couple of months in preparing the release of Advan BASIC
> and the utility disks for public domain. I will be looking for a few
> hosting areas for its release sometime this week.
>
> The release will include:
>
> 1.) Disk images released for real or emulated Ataris.
> 2.) Documentation available in plain text, PDF, and M$ Word.

(snip...)

Rory.A....@gmail.com

May 31, 2006, 1:46:54 PM5/31/06
Larry,

William has asked me not to release the source code yet, but the disk
images will be in ATR format. That was the main objective of getting
Advan off the copy protected disk and on to a flexible format for
laptop/portable 8 bits! Now you can code some cool stuff on the road!

The PDF's are scanned from the manual, the text was then OCR'd (There
will be a few typos and missed editing) and then brought into Word.

I also had bought the entire suite from Advan Systems when I first saw
it in Antic & Analog. I believed it cost around $100 plus shipping.
I've had fun with it. It has everything for a BASIC development kit.

Rory