RETROCHALLENGE 2007

1 view

myoldmac.net

Jun 14, 2007, 7:50:25 PM6/14/07
You may have noticed it already - it is

RETROCHALLENGE 2007
It's Not About The Winning!

It would be great if some APPLE ][ or /// projects enter the
Challenge.

What is the RetroChallenge?
Its a look at old hardware by using it, it's a discovery of the kit
you loved when you were younger, it's a play for the sake of it, its
stopping computers ending up in landfill sites when they are still
useful, its a bit of fun for those geeks out there that want to play
with old computers.

If you have to ask why, then I would think that this would not be for
you!

Homepage for this years RetroChallenge at

http://retrochallenge.net/

A nice idea - please promote the RetroChallenge if you like it .
Starting first of July - running the whole month.
Please take part !

yours,
Oliver

Simon D. Williams

Jun 14, 2007, 8:04:22 PM6/14/07
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, myoldmac.net wrote:

> You may have noticed it already - it is
>
> RETROCHALLENGE 2007
> It's Not About The Winning!
>
> It would be great if some APPLE ][ or /// projects enter the
> Challenge.

I'm in with a few projects (noisy ones as usual):

- Programming an LP's worth of music on a single 5.25" floppy
(it will probably be a bit minimalistic)
- Granular synthesis for the Apple IIe
- A real-time, joystick controlled variation on the above.

I also have a lot of ideas on the back burner...

Of course how much gets done depends very much on how much time I have to
play around ;-)
-s

_____
|[LD8]! 8-BIT SOUND & FURY : APPLE ][ AUDIO & MUSIC RESOURCES
| o. | +--------- http://8bitsoundandfury.ld8.org ---------+
!__!__! OLD APPLE WEB SERVER LIST http://www.ld8.org/servers

myoldmac.net

Jun 14, 2007, 8:23:53 PM6/14/07

Here will be the blog page for my projects,

http://myoldmac.net/share/RetroChallenge2007.php

I think about an APPLE II project too
to complete a range between 1960s to 1980s.

Simon D. Williams

Jun 15, 2007, 2:28:08 AM6/15/07

I'd be surprised if anyone comes up with anything more retro than the Piko
Dat... looks like fun!

myoldmac.net

Jun 16, 2007, 7:49:48 PM6/16/07

Yes I am sure it will be fun to play around with this great gadget of
digital history.
It was produced in the DDR aka GDR in 1969. And look at this design!

http://myoldmac.net/SELL-div/PIKOdatComputer-DDR-GDR.htm

I bought an AlliedSystems GS RAM Card yesterday - the start of my
Apple //gs part ;-)
Your Apple projects sounds cool too - let us hear!

Have fun!