Amstrad Action - ***please read***

Richard Fairhurst

May 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/25/95
Issue 118 of Amstrad Action will be the last ever. (Issue 117 should be
on the shelves in the next fortnight.)

Issue 2 of Better Than Life will be released in a fortnight's time. There
is also a possibility of a new enthusiasts' magazine with ex-AA contributors -
more news when it happens.

In the meantime, I can only exhort everyone to support BTL, WACCI, Campursoft,
Radical, Sentinel, this newsgroup, PD libraries, and other organisations
that are keeping the CPC alive.

Richard

--
Richard Fairhurst
"And you were wet... but you're getting drier

Michael Stroucken

May 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/25/95
Hello,
I have just written a program that takes cpc screens (in either
multiface or regularly saved format) and transforms it into a TIFF file.
This allows them to be integrated into DTP programs on the Mac or PC,
or you can convert them to gifs. Examples of what it does can be seen at
http://www.pitt.edu/~mxsst1/cpc

Right now I am ironing out the last problems (Graphics Workshop
and other programs don't take 2 bit palette colour TIFFs, xv does),
but it's probably only a day's more programming.

Too bad that Amstrad Action is closing down, though.

For enquiries, email me.

Greetings,
Michael.
--
"Don't touch the TV, I'm watching the war!"
-- Our former Childrens Librarian to some kids, after they wanted

EMMANUEL ROUSSIN

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95
RF> Issue 2 of Better Than Life will be released in a fortnight's time. There

Is BTL 2 a fanzine disk ? In this case, would you be interested in doing
a french edition, I can translate the articles. Because, for many
users, the language is a barrier, and we need to be united, and see what
is done in the other countries. I will propose this also to french
fanzines to translate articles in english.

RF> In the meantime, I can only exhort everyone to support BTL, WACCI, Campursoft,
RF> Radical, Sentinel, this newsgroup, PD libraries, and other organisations
RF> that are keeping the CPC alive.

Well, I am still waiting for someone willing to send me programs to feed
the FTP site. For those who can do the transfer themself, simply
uuencode the programs and send them to rou...@blaise.ibp.fr. For those
who can't do the transfer, send me your disks, I will do it, and will
send you back the disks of course. But leave me a message before, I will
check if I already have what you can send me.
---
* JABBER v1.2 *