Captain Blood

LARDINOIS LAURENT

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Pleaze !!!

I'm searchin' for the addictive Captain Blood (l'arche du captain blood)
somewhere ... If someone can help ...

I'm also looking for a game where a wizard made appear/disappear blocks
of rocks ...i don't remember the name if someone remember plz tell me !

Jim Boulton

Aug 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/27/95
In article: <41anti$4...@rc1.vub.ac.be> lla...@vub.ac.be (LARDINOIS LAURENT) writes:

> I'm also looking for a game where a wizard made appear/disappear blocks
> of rocks ...i don't remember the name if someone remember plz tell me !

The Sentinel is the name of the game... (probably)

--Jim

Xavier Juvigny

Aug 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/28/95
Hum, not sure.
I remember a game : Solomon's key,
where a little wizard can create
rock or destroy it to access at object as fireball or key for the next level ( and so )...
It was a fun game where brain and dexterity was both required.

Xavier
--
""""
| /\ |

Jim Boulton

Aug 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/28/95
In article: <41rv87$m...@vishnu.jussieu.fr> juv...@lptl.jussieu.fr ( Xavier Juvigny ) writes:

> |> The Sentinel is the name of the game... (probably)
> |>
> |> --Jim
> |>
> Hum, not sure.
> I remember a game : Solomon's key,
> where a little wizard can create
> rock or destroy it to access at object as fireball or key for the next level ( and so )...
> It was a fun game where brain and dexterity was both required.

You're right, it could be! :) If it is indeed Solomons Key, and you want a copy, then mail
me! I have a copy somewhere...

--Jim

Matthew Poole

Aug 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/29/95
Jim Boulton (j...@jimbee.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: In article: <41anti$4...@rc1.vub.ac.be> lla...@vub.ac.be (LARDINOIS LAURENT) writes:

: > I'm also looking for a game where a wizard made appear/disappear blocks
: > of rocks ...i don't remember the name if someone remember plz tell me !

: The Sentinel is the name of the game... (probably)

Could also be Soloman's Key - Now that was a great CPC game! I think it was
based on a coin-op, but don't quote me on that as I never saw the coin-op
version.

: --Jim

Catch ya later,
MPS!

Kev Thacker

Sep 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/2/95
In article: <41tmqd$e...@sol.ccs.deakin.edu.au> m...@deakin.edu.au (Matthew Poole) writes:
> Could also be Soloman's Key - Now that was a great CPC game! I think it was
> based on a coin-op, but don't quote me on that as I never saw the coin-op
> version.
Aparently, the CPC version was the only one to be converted directly from the arcade machine
itself. I have seen the Atari ST version, but playability wise, I think the CPC version beats
it (although the ST version has some nice background graphics)....

I remember seeing the coin-op photos in an old C+VG magazine.

--Kev

James McLoughlin

Sep 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/4/95
to k...@jimbee.demon.co.uk
> I remember seeing the coin-op photos in an old C+VG magazine.

Is it me or am I the only one that feels old when I think of the 'good old
days' of C+VG, ACU, AA, ( dare I mention Amtix or even Bob Wade in the
same breath ). Gone are the days of the Multiface II and pokes that would
give instant love to your most difficult games. Or what about the
TYPE-INS ? Oh to have a mag. that would give TYPE-INS I could understand
nowadays. Am I alone or does any one else feel this way ?

Japo
' Nurse I'm sick!!! ' - Wolfsbane

Ivar Fiske,FU

Sep 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/4/95
I innlegget <42eeoc$7...@barnacle.iol.ie> skriver James McLoughlin
<jmcl...@sligo.screen.ie>:

>> I remember seeing the coin-op photos in an old C+VG magazine.
>
>Is it me or am I the only one that feels old when I think of the 'good old
>days' of C+VG, ACU, AA, ( dare I mention Amtix or even Bob Wade in the
>same breath ).

Yes those were the days..., but I do not recall Bob Wade.

Ivar Fiske.

Andrew (JS) Carslaw

Sep 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/8/95
Hello, I am new to this group. I own an Amstrad 6128 many moons ago - and now have
the emulator for the PC (CPCEMU). Just wondering if anyone has a copy DSK/SNAP/TAPE
of Starquake, Firelord or Dan Dare. Can not find them on any of the usual FTP sites.
I have the originals, but can not be bothered to wait for them to load on tape
anymore!

Thanks

Andy JS

ten

Sep 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/16/95
## Quoting "Andrew [08.09.95]
## to /RUM/comp.sys.amstrad.8bit:

"A> Hello, I am new to this group. I own an Amstrad 6128 many moons ago - and
"A> now have the emulator for the PC (CPCEMU). Just wondering if anyone has a
"A> copy DSK/SNAP/TAPE of Starquake, Firelord or Dan Dare. Can not find them
"A> on any of the usual FTP sites. I have the originals, but can not be
"A> bothered to wait for them to load on tape anymore!

If you have the originals and a CPC 6128, plus dare handle a soldering
iron (or know someone who does) ;-), well, then there's an easy way to
make SNAPs *on* your original CPC system. The whole trick is based on the
fact that a CPC 6128 is equipped with two RAM banks, which are physically
identical expect for they are being selected by different leads within the
computer, but most games are designed to run on both the 128k and the 64k
machines - so exchanging the role each of the RAM banks has to play by
placing some resistors and a toggle switch inside you machine gives you
the possibility to swap the banks, i.e. load the game into one half of
the memory, then reset and save what now is the second half of the RAM to
disk while operating from the first (by
> 10 MEMORY &3FFF
> 20 FOR c=0 to 3
> 30 OUT &7F00,&C4+c
> 40 SAVE "BANK000"+chr(48+c),b,&4000,&4000
> 50 NEXT
if my memory of CPC instructions is still correct). All that has to be
done in addition to this is finding out the appropriate address where the
emulator has to jump to restart the program. To be able to switch banks,
however, of course you also need a device providing a reset button and a
possibility to temporarily stop the CPCs CPU (the Z80A) from working, for
it mustn't perform any instructions while the banks are being exchanged
and the computer is being reset, else only God would know what would
happen to your data in the meantime. For this purpose, I'm using the CPC-
SloMo module, which, as the name suggests, not only offers the above
possibilities, but also the very useful function of the user also being
able to run the system in "slow-motion" (Imagine what this means e.g. for
all those end-of-level guardians in shoot'em'ups or approaching obstacles
in racing games ? Yes, indeed, it means they are no problem anymore, for
you simply have to put your foot -your foot indeed, for the module comes
with a large button designed for this purpose and equipped with a 2m lead-
on the button, just as simply as you would use the brakes of a car !), and
therefore this CPC-SloMo is useful for the intended purpose as well as for
much more. AFAICS it is currently still shipping from
> OCT, PLK 174 556 E, D-68161 Mannheim (Germany)
for 50 DM (German Marks), which also is the place where I got mine from a
couple of years ago.
BTW I'll try and upload pictures of the CPC-SloMo slow-motion modules and
a wiring diagram for the RAM bank toggle to K.E.W.Thacker for his homepage
ASAP.

Greetinx

TEN.

#(c)'95 by Andreas Grosche@2:2468/9907.24 = t...@rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de