Lucas Board/Amiga 1000 Problems

Valentin Pepelea

Jun 13, 1989, 5:41:27 PM6/13/89
Rick Matz <ma...@fmeed1.uucp> writes in Message-ID: <34...@fmeed1.UUCP>

> Is there anybody out there who would be willing to describe
> this here mod to maybe help cure another noisy A1000 bus??

Orgininal message describing terminator assembly follows.
From: Anakin Research <ana...@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Re: Memory boards and bus noise
Date: 31 Jan 89 18:59:29 GMT

I've also had a number of questions in my E-mail on the bus
terminator to help with bus noise on the A1000, so here t'is

pin 1,2,3,4 Ground
pin 5,6 5V+

*Note: Grounds also at 13,25,37,49,61,73,85

Signals to terminate: (20)

pin 63 D15
pin 65 D14
pin 67 D13 pin 68 R/*W
pin 69 D12 pin 70 *LDS
pin 71 D11 pin 72 *UDS
pin 74 *AS
pin 75 D0 pin 76 D10
pin 77 D1 pin 78 D9
pin 79 D2 pin 80 D8
pin 81 D3 pin 82 D7
pin 83 D4 pin 84 D6
pin 86 D5

The pins on the 86 pin expansion connector are numbered 1 on the
top front pin, 2 on the bottom front pin, etc. ie. odd numbers on top,
even on the bottom of the connector on the A1000

For the record, here is the network which is connected to
each of the 20 signals listed above:

4.7K

Signal<----*--------/\/\/\/\/\-------------->5V+

| 1000 pf.
| 1.0K
| | |
*--------/\/\/\/\/\----| |------->Ground
| |

*NOTE: must be ceramic

Terminator should be put on the last peripheral in the chain.

Brad ana...@utcs.gpu.toronto.edu

Brad Fowles may be cointacted at the address listed above. It tried it, it
works.

Valentin
The godess of democracy? "The Name: Valentin Pepelea
tyrants may distroy a statue, Phonet: (613) 231-7476
but they cannot kill a god." Bitnet: 451...@Uottawa.bitnet
Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
- Confucius Planet: 451...@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA