Megachip problems

Alfonso Rodriguez (PiXeLMEDIA)

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

Dear Friends,

One frined of mine is having trouble with a DKB 500/2000 MegaChip. It is
connected to an Amiga 2000 revision 6.2, kickstart 1.3, SCII GVP HC8 with
2 megs RAM and works perfectly with an 8375 NSTC Agnus but not with a
8375 Pal Agnus. He needs to use it with a PAL Agnus as he has a PAL DCTV
which needs a PAL Agnus. The reference number of the megachip is
part:00201101-05. The PAL Agnus tried was 318069-16, when this was used
the computer would not start. The NTSC Agnus used at the moment is
ref:318069-11. This Agnus works without any problems. I would be grateful
for any help on this matter,

Thanks,

Alfonso Rodriguez (Spain)

Dean Brown

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

I sent you email on this, but I'll also answer here.

The Agnus you need with that version of the MegAChip is 318069-10
for PAL and 318069-11 for NTSC. There are actually 19 or so different
versions of the 8375 Agnus, each of which has a different pinout.
The MegAChip was designed to use the Agnus that was the most available.
If you can't find the necessary Agnus, contact DKB tech support at
(810) 348-3755 between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM EST Monday through Friday.

Dean Brown
DKB