Atrophy

John Porter

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

Hi

Im intrested in details on Atrophy from OTM, does anyone know of any demos for
this game or if there is a email address for OTM ltd?

If anyone has any info please could you send it to my email address!

--
+~A.T.***********************++****************************~+
* John Porter ** SignLab Innovative Sign *

Nicholas Stallard

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

John Porter had the following to say about Atrophy ..

JP> Im intrested in details on Atrophy from OTM, does anyone know of any
JP> demos for this game or if there is a email address for OTM ltd?

put it this way.. I know for SURE they have a german translation for
that game but yet I have heard nothing about it ever after :(

Afaik it is a shoot`em up type of game with nice graphics and such (but aga only)

Cya

Nicholas

--

: Irc: Yagger ............
..:.................:... : Sn...@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de

George Noel

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

In article <84798049...@johnp.cadlink.co.uk>,
John Porter <jo...@cadlink.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Im intrested in details on Atrophy from OTM, does anyone know of any demos for
>this game or if there is a email address for OTM ltd?
>
>If anyone has any info please could you send it to my email address!

See back issues of CU-Amiga Magazine.

Apparently OTM are not going to publish the game now and are
concentrating on a game similar to it called Enigma.

I think the creators of Atrophy should go to a new publishing house.

>--
>+~A.T.***********************++****************************~+
>* John Porter ** SignLab Innovative Sign *
>* Technical Support ** Making Software for the Pc *
>* CADlink Technology UK ** and Macintosh Platforms *
>* email:jo...@cadlink.co.uk ** http://www.cadlink.com *
>* ffly aka: snoop ** http://www.ffly.com *
>+~***************************++************************A.T.~+
>'Microsoft....the choice of a brainwashed generation'
>'If speed kills then Windows users will be around for ever!'

-=*George*=-

John Porter

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

>See back issues of CU-Amiga Magazine.
>
>Apparently OTM are not going to publish the game now and are
>concentrating on a game similar to it called Enigma.

WHAT!!! that game looked stunning!!! I was dying to get my hands into it!!

>I think the creators of Atrophy should go to a new publishing house.

Damn right there!!!!! hell if my company still did games id get them to snap it
up!!

John Girvin

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

On 15 Nov 1996 02:52:44 GMT, George Noel wrote:
[Atrophy]
:>Apparently OTM are not going to publish the game now and are

:>concentrating on a game similar to it called Enigma.

I was under the impression that 'Enigma' was just the new name
for 'Atrophy'. Are they actually *different* games?

/John.
|00 John Girvin : developing software for Unibol Inc., speaking for myself |
|\/ jgi...@bfs.unibol.com | Amiga,68k,net,SciFi,MTB,TaiJutsu,house,techno |
| gi...@girvnet.demon.co.uk | Youll never take me alive, Macro$loth fiends! |
\ http://www.girvnet.demon.co.uk --- A1200/030+882-40/2+8Mb --- Team AMIGA /

George Noel

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

In article <84806639...@ns.unibol.com>,

John Girvin <jgi...@news.unibol.com> wrote:
>On 15 Nov 1996 02:52:44 GMT, George Noel wrote:
>[Atrophy]
>:>Apparently OTM are not going to publish the game now and are
>:>concentrating on a game similar to it called Enigma.
>
>I was under the impression that 'Enigma' was just the new name
>for 'Atrophy'. Are they actually *different* games?

Two totally different games.. let me paraphrase..

"..company called Intersect Development... decided to produce a chockload
of games themselves.. alas it seems that it may be sometime before any of
these see the light of day... One of these games was Atrophy... However,
internal wrangling within Intersect Development caused delays on any games
going to be released and OTM who were going to publish Atrophy are now no
longer going to do so. OTM instead are concentrating on Enigma from
Centillion, a new company which is made up of one of the original members
of Intersect Development."

There you go..

No on about Enigma..

"Enigma is a similar concept to Atrophy, a scrolling shoot'em up... 3D
rendered graphics... all the backing music was created on the Amiga using
a MIDI system and they say that it will be superb... the graphics are
clearer and tighter then Atrophy... ran very smoothly... AGA only... there
is a simultaneous two-player option which you can use the shared lives
option with to add extra time to your gameplaying."

>/John.
>|00 John Girvin : developing software for Unibol Inc., speaking for myself |
>|\/ jgi...@bfs.unibol.com | Amiga,68k,net,SciFi,MTB,TaiJutsu,house,techno |
>| gi...@girvnet.demon.co.uk | Youll never take me alive, Macro$loth fiends! |
>\ http://www.girvnet.demon.co.uk --- A1200/030+882-40/2+8Mb --- Team AMIGA /

-=*George*=-

Fabio Bizzetti

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

George Noel (gn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
>In article <84806639...@ns.unibol.com>,
>John Girvin <jgi...@news.unibol.com> wrote:
>>On 15 Nov 1996 02:52:44 GMT, George Noel wrote:
>>[Atrophy]
>>:>Apparently OTM are not going to publish the game now and are
>>:>concentrating on a game similar to it called Enigma.
>>
>>I was under the impression that 'Enigma' was just the new name
>>for 'Atrophy'. Are they actually *different* games?

>Two totally different games.. let me paraphrase..

>"..company called Intersect Development... decided to produce a chockload
>of games themselves.. alas it seems that it may be sometime before any of
>these see the light of day... One of these games was Atrophy... However,
>internal wrangling within Intersect Development caused delays on any games
>going to be released and OTM who were going to publish Atrophy are now no
>longer going to do so. OTM instead are concentrating on Enigma from
>Centillion, a new company which is made up of one of the original members
>of Intersect Development."

This is old news.
Many things changed in these last 6-8 months.

Markus Castren

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

Fabio Bizzetti said about Re: Atrophy:

>This is old news.
>Many things changed in these last 6-8 months.

So what are the new ones then? I'd be eager to hear..

--
| MARKUS CASTREN a.k.a. | EMail: sl...@xgw.fi |