Schematic for keyboard/serial port rs232 adapter?

Rob Healey

Jun 30, 1994, 11:47:46 AM6/30/94
Does anybody have schematics for a small converter to convert
the keyboard/serial port on the CD32 to rs232 that can be hooked
up to a 3000? Or at least have the pinouts and signals for the
keyboard/serial port on the CD32?

I'm dying to get my 3000 and CD32 talking to each other so I can
display some AGA stuff on the CD32. Any pointers for software/hardware
to do this? PD on Aminet prefered, commercial pointers accepted as
well tho.

Thanks,

-Rob Lone NTSC cd32 in a sea of PAL cd32's... B^(.

jes degn soerensen

Jul 4, 1994, 9:14:48 AM7/4/94
In article 9...@newsserver.aggregate.com, rhe...@sirius.aggregate.com (Rob Healey) writes:
> Does anybody have schematics for a small converter to convert
> the keyboard/serial port on the CD32 to rs232 that can be hooked
> up to a 3000? Or at least have the pinouts and signals for the
> keyboard/serial port on the CD32?

The pinout should be identical to the keyboard connector on the A4000 (don't remember
if they are copyrighted - they probably are).
You should be able to get them from CATS or some local C= subsidary.

Try asking Carolyn at CATS (car...@commodore.com) or Dr. Peter Kittel at CBMGer (pet...@cbmger.de.so.commodore.com)

Jes

---
Jes Sorensen: jds...@kom.auc.dk | If programming was ment to be fun,
j...@leech.adsp.sub.org | why did they come up with Intel?

Jason Compton

Jul 4, 1994, 4:14:45 PM7/4/94

I think someone posted them recently here. They didn't amount to much...serial
in and out, some power, and a ground...

Jason Compton jcom...@bbs.xnet.com
Emulation Editor Amiga Report Magazine
Editor-In-Chief Amiga Report Coverdisk
Chief Executive Officer DigiForte Designs, Ltd.
FAX: (708) 741-0689 AR info: rni...@hebron.connected.com
What we want and what we need has been confused.

Klaus Hegemann

Jul 2, 1994, 9:09:00 PM7/2/94
RH> From: rhe...@sirius.aggregate.com (Rob Healey)
RH>
RH> Does anybody have schematics for a small converter to convert
RH> the keyboard/serial port on the CD32 to rs232 that can be hooked
RH> up to a 3000? Or at least have the pinouts and signals for the
RH> keyboard/serial port on the CD32?
RH>
RH> I'm dying to get my 3000 and CD32 talking to each other so I can
RH> display some AGA stuff on the CD32. Any pointers for software/hardware
RH> to do this? PD on Aminet prefered, commercial pointers accepted as
RH> well tho.
Here it is:
(well, for the communication between my CD32 and a PC/AT I use
Twin_Express ( ->aminet )

(view on the solder-side; 6pin mini-DIN female-type)

.--..--. (*) Pin 1 I/O Keyboard DATA
/ \ 2 O /TxD
: 6 * 5 : 3 logic GND
: 4 * 3 : 4 +5 Volt DC
: : 5 (I)/O Keyboard CLOCK
--: 2 1 :-- 6 I /RxD
: :
------- <---shield

->(*) :
you may hook up a A4000-type keyboard to the CD32.
For the A4000-kb-port the +5V power supply is limitted to a
maximum current of 100mA

The signal-lines TxD and Rxd are reversed and carry 0 / 5VDC level

For the signal-translation form the 0-5VDC source to the standard
RS232-level (-12VDC / +12VDC) you may choose the MAX232 or an
equivalent counterpart (ICL232 ....)

CD32 Keyboard-Port level-converter TTL->RS232 RS232

Pin4 +5V -------------Pin16
Pin3 GND -------------Pin15--------------------------GND Pin7
Pin2 TxD ------------>Pin10 (---|>*-) Pin7-------->RxD Pin3
Pin6 RxD <------------Pin9 (--*<|--) Pin8<--------Txd Pin2
C1
+--)|----Pin1 +----DSR Pin6
| + (*) |
+--------Pin3 +----DCD Pin8
C2 |
+--)|----Pin4 +----DTR Pin20
| +
+--------Pin5 +----RTS Pin4
C3 (*) |
GND--|(----Pin6 +----CTS Pin5
+ (Polung!)

C4
GND--)|----Pin16 (*) some computers need theese
+ handshake connections to
C5 proper working
+--|(----Pin16
| + (Polung!)
+--------Pin2
(**)
shielding-----------------------------------------| |-shielding

connect the shielding of all cables to each other - but only
connect it to only ONE interface port connector (i used the
keyboard plug).

For the condensers C1..C5 you must get 1 uF electrolyt-condesers.
If your signal-converter is kind of the xxx232A (A-type) you must
use 0.1 uF instead (for C1..C5) [source : Maxim Data Book]

Be careful with your explorations. I suggest the serial signals
are passed through directly to the PAULA chip - so they are
slightly sensitive.

you got something about the expansion-port - any detail ?
pin allocation map ?
send (priv.?) mail!

"until then"
Klaus

--- CrossPoint v3.02
* Origin: sooo siehddas aus ! (2:2452/113.29)

RH> Thanks,
RH>
RH> -Rob Lone NTSC cd32 in a sea of PAL cd32's... B^(.
RH>
RH> --- FIDOGATE 3.7.1
RH> * Origin: Fido.DE domain gateway at sungate.fido.de (242:4900/99.0)

bis den bald
Klaus