Protext and Prodata to be available for free download

Brian Watson

Jul 6, 2008, 7:04:57 AM7/6/08
Since Arnor Ltd went bust, the two programmers and I have been supplying and
supporting the PC versions of Protext v6.7 and its database companion
Prodata v1.23 through Protext Software.

We have now decided the time is right to make it (and the latest Atari and
Amiga versions) available for free download, so we are doing just that.

It is being arranged now and as soon as I have a URL to post here, I will.
--
Brian (for Protext Software)

wurzel

Jul 6, 2008, 10:21:16 AM7/6/08
Brian Watson wrote about "Protext and Prodata to be available for free download" on Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:04:57 +0100

Hello Brian Watson,

I didn't realise it was still being supported.

I have Amiga Protext v6.53 and still use it for basic text, for later
import to PageStream. It's still blindingly fast.

Sorry it's no longer commercially viable for you.

--

Russell Butler A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI
196mb RAM, Soundblaster, Spider USB, IDE 2Gb & 40Gb drives, CDRW

Brian Watson

Jul 10, 2008, 2:00:11 AM7/10/08

"wurzel" <wur...@jerseymail.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have Amiga Protext v6.53 and still use it for basic text, for later
> import to PageStream. It's still blindingly fast.
>
> Sorry it's no longer commercially viable for you.

We never managed to commercially re-release the Amiga version after Arnor
went down, largely because of the costs of printing manuals.

Now we will make the manuals available for free download, along with the
programs.

The update from v6.53 to v6.6 will be mostly bug fixes and more printer
drivers. Not a radical update, but still useful as it's free!

--
Brian

david.n...@gmail.com

May 2, 2020, 7:53:06 AM5/2/20
Hi Brian,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you, but I've been trying to find a copy of Arnor's Prodata for an old PC I have. I can't find it anywhere on the web and I'm a great fan of the software. If you are able to help that would be great.
Thanks.
David

spudmiga

Nov 7, 2022, 4:54:58 PM11/7/22
Hi I am after a manual for ProData

If anyone has one or a link to an online version I would be grateful.
This is a great database package.