XANADU Technologies Are Going Too Release An Amiga Set Top Box On 9-9-9

GoldenHeart

Apr 1, 2009, 9:46:29 AM4/1/09
XANADU Technologies is developing an
Amiga Set Top Box which will
contain a 480gb Hard Drive containing the complete
catalogue of Amiga
Games and Applications over its rich history. It will be
sold in
America $999, while the price in England is still to be
announced.

axlq

Apr 1, 2009, 5:50:37 PM4/1/09
In article <24a91829-d879-40b6...@v28g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

If you have no references to offer to verify these claims, then it's
nothing more than vaporware.

By the way, I have an original working Amiga 1000, 80 MB hard disk,
2.5 MB RAM, with kickstart ROM upgraded to 2.0. Original 1080
monitor. Anybody have an idea what it's worth? I don't know if
it's a museum piece, useful to someone, or if I should take it to
electronics recycling. I got a lot of good use out of it until
about 2001, when I stopped using it.

-A

wimblesmith

Apr 2, 2009, 7:56:03 AM4/2/09

"axlq" <ax...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

dont junk it ! ..some enthusiast will surely want it.

GoldenHeart

Apr 3, 2009, 8:00:25 AM4/3/09
On 1 Apr, 22:50, a...@spamcop.net (axlq) wrote:
> In article <24a91829-d879-40b6-967e-bb58e346f...@v28g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

> GoldenHeart  <neo_fortune_1...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >XANADU Technologies is developing an Amiga Set Top Box which will
> >contain a 480gb Hard Drive containing the complete catalogue of
> >Amiga Games and Applications over its rich history. It will be
> >sold in America $999, while the price in England is still to be
> >announced.
>
> If you have no references to offer to verify these claims, then it's
> nothing more than vaporware.

It's true there isn't a set top box, instead 5 companies are in talks
to develop the next stage in computing. Ted Nelson(XANADU) is a
awesome computer who realises that the current computer hardware is at
best a compromise. As we all know the ideal computer as always been
the Amiga with its pre-emptive multitasking and fantastic graphics. I
think an Amiga Set Top Box would sell around £555. Its rich game, demo
and applications could be re-engineered to this new Amiga.

Here are my specifications: 8gb non-volatile ram, 480gb Hard Drive, 16
Track Sound, Blu-Ray Player, Adaptive Speech Synth, Roland Polyphonic
Midi Synth, USB, Scart & Hdmi Connections. Intel Quad Core, 3D G-Force
Graphics Card.

Applications Included - Amazon Kindle Book Viewer, Amos(Programming
Language), Blu-Ray Player, C++(Programming Language), BBC News Widget,
BBC iPlayer, Calculator, Calendar, Deluxe Paint, Demo Editor, DVD
Player, E(Programming Language), eBay Widget, Flash, Google Widget,
HTML Editor, Java(Programming Language), MP3 Player, Opera Web
Browser, Real Audio, Rexx(Programming Script Language), Task Editor,
Timer, Stopwatch, Video Editor, Word Processor, Widget, Yahoo Widget,
Youtube Widget

Games Included - Civilisation(Net Play), Elite(Net Play), Midwinter
(Net Play), Populous(Net Player), Powermonger(Net Play), Scrabble(Net
Play), The Settlers(Net Play)

Hardware Included - Headset For Speech Recognition, Wireless Keyboard,
Wireless Mouse

Applications Available(Starting at £9.99) - Bars & Pipes
Proffessional, Lightwave, MusicX, Real 3D, SoundTracker(16-Track),
Vista Pro

Games Avaliable(Starting at £19.99) - Carrier Command, F1
Interceptor, Wings

Hardware Avaliable(Starting at £4.99) - Graphics Tablet, Wii
Controller

You pay for these using your mobile phone, so no messy process using a
card card or paypal account.

http://www.xanadu.net/
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ted/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nelson