Configuring Num Lock

Peter Howkins

Jan 17, 2008, 11:22:00 AM1/17/08
Is there any way to change whether or not Num Lock is turned
on or off during machine startup of RISC OS?

Mine is currently on, and needs to be off.

Peter

Kevin Wells

Jan 17, 2008, 11:31:55 AM1/17/08
In message <ab5c972d-e009-4ed7...@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
Peter Howkins <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Under RISC OS 4.39 double click on !Boot the click on Input then
Keyboard then their is a section Caps Lock / Num lock and a tick box
with Num lock enabled, try unticking that.

--
Kev Wells http://kevsoft.topcities.com
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ http://kevsoft.co.uk/AleQuest/

Peter Howkins

Jan 17, 2008, 11:41:12 AM1/17/08
On Jan 17, 4:31 pm, Kevin Wells <kevinwe...@talktalk.net> wrote:
> In message <ab5c972d-e009-4ed7-a0cd-3fec3a9f2...@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>

> Peter Howkins <maru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there any way to change whether or not Num Lock is turned
> >on or off during machine startup of RISC OS?
>
> >Mine is currently on, and needs to be off.
>

> Under RISC OS 4.39 double click on !Boot the click on Input then
> Keyboard then their is a section Caps Lock / Num lock and a tick box
> with Num lock enabled, try unticking that.

Many thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I'm using RISC OS
4 instead of select, which doesn't have the *configure numlock
or *configure nonumlock options (or the !Configure plugin).

I guess my best chance is to use something in Predesk that
sends a numlock key press on startup?

Peter

Ian Hamilton

Jan 17, 2008, 11:45:41 AM1/17/08
In article
<ab5c972d-e009-4ed7...@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

You could try a BASIC program :-

SYS "OS_Byte",202,4,251
SYS "OS_Byte",118

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4) http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
(Iyonix RO5) Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5

Ray Dawson

Jan 17, 2008, 12:30:35 PM1/17/08
Ian Hamilton <Ian.Ha...@AAUG.net> wrote:

> In article
> <ab5c972d-e009-4ed7...@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
> Peter Howkins <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to change whether or not Num Lock is turned
> > on or off during machine startup of RISC OS?
>
> > Mine is currently on, and needs to be off.
>
> You could try a BASIC program :-
>
> SYS "OS_Byte",202,4,251
> SYS "OS_Byte",118

Are you sure there isn't a *configure option, such as
*configure NUMLOCK ON, or just
*configure NUMLOCK

Cheers,

Ray D