Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

dominic beesley

ungelesen,
14.10.2005, 06:06:3214.10.05
an
Alpha testers required for disc cacheing software.

I'm in the stages of finishing off a new piece of disc cacheing software
for Risc OS machines. At present this software accelerates (a little)
all filecore accesses to a disc. It currently only operates on filecore
based filing systems.

I'd be very grateful for alpha testers to try out a simple test suite on
their machines and send me back the report.

At the moment this software will only work on non-32bit machines...i.e.
RiscPC, A3XXX, A4XXX, A5XXX. It has only been tested on a RiscPC so far!

I'd particularly be grateful to users with esoteric hardware.

DISCLAIMER: This software is far from finished, it may well eat your
hard disc, mouse and printer. It may teach your budgie to swear etc,
etc. If you are of a nervous disposition do not apply. I recommend you
have discKnight at the ready. etc etc. Having said that its not trashed
my machines yet!

Please email me on disccache at brahms-demon-co-uk for more info.

Cheers

dom

0 neue Nachrichten