Netsurf 3.1 1247 and Facebook

C J Craig

Jun 5, 2013, 12:38:09 PM6/5/13
When I connect to www.facebook.com. I get blank pages except under
"Find Friends" I am sure it worked before... Have I missed
something?? perhaps it used to autodetect and refer me to
https://m.facebook.com

Chris

--
C J Craig

Ch...@skipton.demon.co.uk
Iyonix ARM XScale computer RISC OS 5.18

Dave Wisnia at home

Jun 5, 2013, 4:44:48 PM6/5/13
In message <519a1e57...@skipton.demon.co.uk>
C J Craig <Ch...@skipton.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> When I connect to www.facebook.com. I get blank pages except under
> "Find Friends" I am sure it worked before... Have I missed
> something?? perhaps it used to autodetect and refer me to
> https://m.facebook.com

> Chris

Is Javascript turned on?

--
With very best wishes
Dave Wisnia

C J Craig

Jun 5, 2013, 5:57:27 PM6/5/13
In message <1c2f3557...@david.wisnia.net>
Dave Wisnia at home <da...@wisnia.net> wrote:

> In message <519a1e57...@skipton.demon.co.uk>
> C J Craig <Ch...@skipton.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> When I connect to www.facebook.com. I get blank pages except under
>> "Find Friends" I am sure it worked before... Have I missed
>> something?? perhaps it used to autodetect and refer me to
>> https://m.facebook.com

>> Chris

> Is Javascript turned on?

Yes, it's not disabled
Actually the pages are not completely blank, the headers & footers are
there. There is no error message and computer is not frozen

I can not see pictures in Dropbox links either but the picture frame
shows.

Theo Markettos

Jun 5, 2013, 6:15:27 PM6/5/13
C J Craig <Ch...@skipton.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes, it's not disabled
> Actually the pages are not completely blank, the headers & footers are
> there. There is no error message and computer is not frozen
>
> I can not see pictures in Dropbox links either but the picture frame
> shows.

Facebook is a huge pile of Javascript, and not too surprisingly I couldn't
make NetSurf 3.0 do much with it. You may have more luck with
https://m.facebook.com/
(the simple-mobile version) or
https://touch.facebook.com/
(the version for cleverer mobiles that uses some Javascript)

Theo

Harriet Bazley

Jun 7, 2013, 11:58:52 AM6/7/13
On 5 Jun 2013 as I do recall,
Theo Markettos wrote:

> Facebook is a huge pile of Javascript, and not too surprisingly I couldn't
> make NetSurf 3.0 do much with it. You may have more luck with
> https://m.facebook.com/
> (the simple-mobile version) or
> https://touch.facebook.com/
> (the version for cleverer mobiles that uses some Javascript)

Recent versions of m.facebook.com appear with a vertical scrollbar
concealing the righthand edges of comment text - the only way to get it
to go away is to resize the window to be *smaller* - weirdly. If I
resize it larger the overlaying scrollbar then comes back again!

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down.