Clock fixer for Iyonix

Matthew Phillips

Jan 1, 2010, 8:00:14 AM1/1/10
I've just uploaded a little piece of BASIC called ClockFixer which might help
Iyonix users whose clocks are showing 2012. The program corrects the year
and can be installed to run when the computer is booted. If you are using
NetTime or FreeTime to maintain your clock then you might not need this
program, but it can still be useful if you ever reset without an internet
connection being available.

If you use it with NetTime or FreeTime, be sure to run ClockFixer first.
I've included instructions on how to achieve this with FreeTime, but as I do
not use NetTime I am not sure how it is usually configured.

The program will probably work OK until 29th February 2012.

Download from http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/clockfixer.zip

--
Matthew Phillips
Dundee

Brian

Jan 1, 2010, 8:21:19 AM1/1/10
In message <e5e4cbd25...@sinenomine.freeserve.co.uk>
Matthew Phillips <mn...@sinenomine.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Download from http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/clockfixer.zip

COOL :)
Sorts that out for now.
Thanks.
Brian
--
Check out Brian's pics at:
www.flickr.com/photos/httpflickrcomphotosbrian

Chris

Jan 1, 2010, 8:56:38 AM1/1/10
Matthew Phillips <mn...@sinenomine.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I've just uploaded a little piece of BASIC called ClockFixer which
> might help Iyonix users whose clocks are showing 2012.

I've put it in :Boot.PreDesk and it works a treat. Many thanks,
Matthew.

Chris.

Ian Hamilton

Jan 2, 2010, 9:01:52 AM1/2/10
In article <66d6434b5...@fwilburn.orpheusnet>,
fred wilburn <fwil...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <50d2d10...@highpath.net>
> Chris <ch...@highpath.net> wrote:

> Please Chris, where do I find :Boot.PreDesk? I seem unable to locate
> it.

!Boot.Choices.Boot.Predesk

--
Ian Hamilton (Iyonix RO5) http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

glavallin

Jan 2, 2010, 9:04:41 AM1/2/10
In message <66d6434b5...@fwilburn.orpheusnet>
fred wilburn <fwil...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <50d2d10...@highpath.net>
> Chris <ch...@highpath.net> wrote:
>

> Please Chris, where do I find :Boot.PreDesk? I seem unable to locate
> it.

> Fred Wilburn

Unless Chris knows something different ; on my Iyonix, Predesk is at
ADFS::HardDisc.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Predesk

--

Geoff

Tim Hill

Jan 2, 2010, 9:06:09 AM1/2/10
In article <75a155d350...@gjlavallin.plus.com>, glavallin
<glav...@gjlavallin.plus.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> Unless Chris knows something different ; on my Iyonix, Predesk is at
> ADFS::HardDisc.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Predesk

A useful Obey file which exists on my Desktop contains:

FILER_OPENDIR <Choices$Write> -Si -sT 200 1800 2100 750

--
Have an ethical share in cheaper telecoms: http://tinyurl.com/phone-coop
Genuine spam-proof addresses for Usenet: http://www.invalid.org.uk/

... "How hard it is for women to keep counsel !" Jul Caesar, Act ii, Sc.3

Doug Webb

Jan 2, 2010, 9:10:27 AM1/2/10
In message <66d6434b5...@fwilburn.orpheusnet>
fred wilburn <fwil...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <50d2d10...@highpath.net>
> Chris <ch...@highpath.net> wrote:

[snip]

>> I've put it in :Boot.PreDesk and it works a treat. Many thanks,
>> Matthew.
>>
>> Chris.
>>

> Please Chris, where do I find :Boot.PreDesk? I seem unable to locate
> it.
> Fred Wilburn

Well you need to hold down the shift key and then double click the
left hand mouse button on your !Boot file. This opens up the internal
directory view of your Boot sequence and you can then select the
Choices directory followed by the Boot directory and then finally
Predesk.

Failing all this just put the Clockfixer Basic file somewhere on your
harddrive and then just double click on your !Boot icon and this opens
up the configuration window. Select the Boot icon and then the Run
icon and drag the Clockfixer basic file icon from where it is on your
harddrive to the open Run at Start up window. Finally press Set and
then save and this should do it.

Given all the "where is this and how do I do that " questions here I
think this very clearly shows that a RISC OS packaging and install set
up is required as not everyone knows how to even set up the basics.

Doug

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.14, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.

glavallin

Jan 2, 2010, 9:21:05 AM1/2/10
In message <50d355...@invalid.org.uk>
Tim Hill <t...@invalid.org.uk> wrote:

> In article <75a155d350...@gjlavallin.plus.com>, glavallin
> <glav...@gjlavallin.plus.com> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
> > Unless Chris knows something different ; on my Iyonix, Predesk is at
> > ADFS::HardDisc.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Predesk
>
> A useful Obey file which exists on my Desktop contains:
>
> FILER_OPENDIR <Choices$Write> -Si -sT 200 1800 2100 750

Thanks, that's handy.

--

Geoff

Brian Jordan

Jan 15, 2010, 11:13:36 AM1/15/10
In article <e5e4cbd25...@sinenomine.freeserve.co.uk>,
Matthew Phillips <mn...@sinenomine.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Download from http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/clockfixer.zip

Probably everyone else has spotted and fixed the following but, in my csa
folders in Pluto, I have a number of files with a 2012 date all sent from
machines affected by this issue. Normally as I sort by status this isn't
evident - hence the timing of this message but I am wondering if this may
be connected with the missing ng articles thread?

Brian Jordan
From somewhere in North Hampshire. England. UK.

Brian Carroll

Jan 15, 2010, 11:32:49 AM1/15/10
In article <50da134ce8b...@btinternet.com>, Brian
Jordan <brian....@btinternet.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> Probably everyone else has spotted and fixed the following
> but, in my csa folders in Pluto, I have a number of files with
> a 2012 date all sent from machines affected by this issue.

> Normally as I sort by status this isn't evident ...

In Pluto set newsgroups to be sorted by year to reveal the
mis-dated messages.

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, N Yorks, UK briancarroll at f2s dot com