Simtec USB & OtherDevs

Chris Newman

Jan 17, 2012, 10:02:08 AM1/17/12
Hi all,

For those wot are using the Simtec USB, I have managed to update the
OtherDevs list on the RISC OS wiki with many more device details.

http://www.riscos.info/index.php/MassFS_OtherDevs_entries

There are now more than 100 I think.
It was a bit tricky to do as in the OtherDevs file in MassFS, there are lines
in each set of device's details which start with a hash (#) character. This
acts like a REM so the line is for info only, it is not read by MassFS.
Unfortunately, in the normal wiki pages, the hash is used to make indented
lists. I discovered the way to prevent this was to start each line with a
space. This makes no difference if you save the page or individual details as
text & paste it into your OtherDevs file as the space seems to be lost during
that operation.
If you create an account with the wiki you can add details that you have
devised & tested. Just add them at the bottom but don't forget that space.

Enjoy,

--
Chris Newman

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.