R-Comp and RCI at London show

1 view

A Rawnsley

Oct 21, 2010, 5:15:06 AM10/21/10
R-Comp and RCI are pleased to be attending the London show this
weekend, and look forward to seeing everyone there.

This time, we're somewhat "mid-project", so no big new releases, I'm
afraid, but we will have some updates for existing products - as
usual, these will be free to existing up-to-date customers.

Messenger Pro 6.01 will be available, which includes enhanced handling
of HTML emails. MPro will now identify HTML emails specifically, and
present them to the user in a more sensible fashion. Of course, Mpro
already had a lot of HTML email facilities, but the new change means
that you'll clearly see when an email contains an HTML portion, and be
able to more easily deal with it either in RISC OS, of via Windows
(eg. via UniPrint/UniServer etc).

Speaking of UniServer, version 4.04a will be available at the show.
The latest release has siginificant improvements for network users, as
well as being a little more "helpful"/"friendly". Many users have
already received this update over the last month or two (we've been
routinely emailing it to people as part of any support-requests we've
had), but this is a proper release of it.

The "Pro" version of our PDF Suite sees an update to the postscript
creation portion, although we'd hoped to squeeze a lot more into this
update, we've run out of time before the show. Hopefully more time
post-show!

We may squeeze out an update to NetFetch too, although it may well end
up being sent out post-show, to ease the "crunch". It seems like
something of a show tradition, but we're already working til midnight
each day to get things ready!

Sadly our two "big" projects will have to stay under wraps for the
time being, but hopefully we'll have some big announcements around
Christmas.

On the RCI front, we'll have some of our latest RISCubes and RISCBooks
on display. We'll be happy to show you the new innovations, and talk
to you about your specific needs, so drop by and have a look!

We'll also have our range of networking products available.

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>