Films v1.25

Harriet Bazley

Mar 6, 2011, 11:41:42 AM3/6/11
I have uploaded a new version of my !Films application, a BBC-style
singletasking timetabling program which so far as I am aware no-one but
myself uses... it is currently heavily tailored towards use with the
National Film Theatre's monthly programmes, since that is what I use it
for.

http://www.starfighter.acornarcade.com/mysite/utilities.htm#films

"This is a basic timetabling program to make it easier to decide which
conflicting performances of which films to attend. Once data on
available performances has been entered, the program can display an
interactive timetable on the screen, showing the knock-on effects of
selecting a given performance in terms of the films with which it
clashes. Dates on which you have prior commitments can be eliminated
from consideration altogether. As you narrow down the possibilities, any
films for which there is only one possible performance remaining will be
highlighted in red, and a warning will be given for any which cannot be
fitted into the timetable at all."

Version 1.25 is a bugfix release, but since the bug was essentially a
cosmetic one there is no need to rush to download it on that account :-)
While fixing the 'catch-up' feature I also extended it to take into
account the current time of day as well as the current date: films that
have already started at the time of checking will be 'excluded' as well
as those on previous days.

Other bugfixes and features since v1.21 (apparently the last uploaded
version):
output directory is now listed in date order on return to the desktop
implementation of 'cheap' flag updated to reflect new ticket pricing
commas are now accepted as date separators

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

We will release no software before its time.

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>