More R-Comp software updates (digest format!)

A Rawnsley

Apr 25, 2012, 7:42:26 PM4/25/12

Yes, the run-up to Wakefield has triggered even more software updates
from R-Comp. To avoid bombarding comp.sys.acorn.announce with
postings, we're wrapping them up into the little list below...

SafeStore 2
=-=-=-=-=-=

Our comprehensive RISC OS backup system has received an update.

Primarily a maintenance release, the latest SafeStore 2 is designed to
cope with lots more of the myriad of errors that can occur with
different network backup drives. SafeStore has to track which errors
are fatal, and which can be continued from, which given the wide range
of possibilities is quite a task. The new version is much better at
reporting things, no matter where the problem my occur.

Also included are some user interface enhancements and the ability to
force a re-build of the backup job (useful if you're not sure what
condition it is in).

DataPower 3
=-=-=-=-=-=

One of RISC OS' flagship products, the DataPower 3 database has been
updated. The latest version improves compatibility with the latest
RISC OS hardware including ARMini, Pandaboard, Beagle and so on, as
well as improving links to external files via the File field. There
are a number of new configuration options too, so you can tailor the
software to your needs, and improvements to the "direct email"
facilities which allow you to send emails directly from your database.

NetFetch 3.5
=-=-=-=-=-=-

NetFetch (and it's Hermes mail transport component) have been updated,
dealing with problems on Pandaboard, and supporting the quirks of
various authenticated SMTP servers which incorrectly report their
capabilities. Hermes will now quietly try less elaborate encryptions
if the "best" ones fail. This resolves problems with certain servers.
There are various minor fixes and improvements, too.

There should be an updated Fireworkz Pro CD, too.

As you might imagine, things are quite hectic here!

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net