Messenger Pro 7

A Rawnsley

Oct 26, 2012, 6:50:26 AM10/26/12
R-Comp is pleased to announce the launch of Messenger Pro 7 (the Email
and News solution for RISC OS) at the London show. We'll try to keep
this press release brief, as we've endeavoured to contact existing
owners directly with details of the upgrade.

There are two headline features to Messenger Pro 7 - foreign character
(UniCode) support across the message viewers, "list of messages"
window and even in display icons such as the subject fields. This
ensures that emails from overseas render correctly on RISC OS, rather
than just appearing as a nonsensical selection of accented characters.

The second headline feature is much closer integration between
Messenger Pro and the underlying email transport (eg. POP/SMTP). This
means the whole process of email can be driven from Messenger Pro, and
since MPro7 now includes "Hermetic" (based on our Hermes mail
transport), it is the first "complete" standalone email system for
RISC OS. Since all parts of the software are compatible with ARMv7
and now support Panda and Pi as will as ARMini/Beagle, users of
Messenger Pro 7 will have a comprehensive "out of the box" email
solution. Users who already have NetFetch/Hermes aren't left out,
though as these extensions to Messenger Pro 7 allow NetFetch users to
transparently gain even more functionality :)

Smaller-scale features improve the saving of emails for future
reference, making it easier then ever to save out whole emails
(including attachments) for reference later, externally to Messenger
Pro. There are also improvements to performance.

The RRP and upgrade prices for Mpro remain the same, and more
information can be found at http://www.rcomp.co.uk/

Free upgrades are available for users who have purchase Mpro6 or
upgrade in recent months.

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS