Sine Nomine Software: Wakefield Show releases

Matthew Phillips

Apr 25, 2012, 7:02:17 PM4/25/12
Sine Nomine Software will again be attending the Wakefield Show on Saturday.
We have a number of new releases and updates available:

Impact, the relational database, has had a major update focussing on the
editing interface and the mail merge tool. Multi-line text fields now
support scroll bars, so that you can make the text longer than will fit in
the box on the card. There is an option to enable text selection, allowing
portions of text fields to be selected and moved or copied elsewhere via the
global clipboard and the drag and drop protocol. But we still support the
whole field drags for conveniently exporting data as before.

A brand new release, available as part of the Impact upgrade, is ImpEmail.
Impact already provides mail merge and formatted reporting via Ovation Pro
and Impression. ImpEmail allows the same flexibility for generating e-mails.
It would be ideal for managing a society, where subscription reminders and
other communications need sending out based on data such as expiry dates in
each person's record. We are sure our inventive users will find many more
uses for this new application.

The merge tool in Impact has had a big overhaul too, to make it a lot easier
to design documents.

House of Cards (the patience game system) and SuperDoku (for sudoku-type
puzzles) have had a few improvements made since the last Wakefield Show. But
Wrangler, the general mathematical puzzle application will have three more
puzzle types added for release at the show. These include Suko and Sujiko
puzzles, found in some national newspapers. There are now seven puzzle types
in total, all presented in the high-quality manner users have come to expect
from Sine Nomine Software.

(Isn't it fun writing press releases: they're almost as exaggerated as CVs!)

--
Matthew and Hilary Phillips
Sine Nomine Software

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.