RISC OS SouthWest 2013

A Rawnsley

Nov 15, 2012, 7:58:50 AM11/15/12
R-Comp and Orpheus Internet are pleased to announce the RISC OS SW
2013 show will be held on Saturday 23rd Feb, 2013, opening at 10.30am.
It will take place at the usual venue - the Webbington Hotel in
Loxton, near Weston Super Mare. More details about the venue can be
found at http://www.webbingtonhotelandspa.co.uk/

Information about the show can be found on the show website at
http://www.riscos-swshow.co.uk

At the time of writing, confirmed exhibitors include R-Comp/RCI,
Orpheus Internet, CJE Micros, MW Software, Archive Magazine, Keith
Dunlop/Usable Range, Drag'n'Drop Magazine, Soft Rock Software, John
Norris/Bell Ringing, Fortran Friends, the Charity Stand, as well as
the local user groups, although this list is expected to grow as we've
not yet had a chance to contact a number of previous exhibitors.

The charity stand has asked us to request donations, as they have been
able to make space for some more items. If you have any unwanted
machines, monitors, software or computer-related clutter (preferably
working and useful), please bring it along.

In addition to the usual stands, talks and events, it is planned to
have a "Raspberry Jam" area to encourage home coders, and introduce
more people to the RISC OS scene. The hope is that people who buy a
Raspberry Pi for other purposes will see RISC OS, and be interested in
getting involved with all things RISC OS.

More details about costs and other "on the day" practicalities (food,
transport etc) will be announced in due course, although it is our
intention to try and keep things at the same rate as last year,
despite our hire costs having risen considerably, so we'll have to see
how many new exhibitors we can find!

(Hint - if you'd like to exhibit, we'd love to hear from you, and will
be happy to assist you as much as we can in ensuring you have a good
show!)

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you there. The SouthWest Show is
always a fun, happy show, with time to talk, learn and suggest.
There's a strong sense of community with this show, which is why we
were so keen to ensure it happened last year and continues this year.

Here's to RISC OS in 2013!
(I typed that as 3012 initially... wouldn't *that* be an achievement!)

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS