ARMini CD / DVD drive support now available

A Rawnsley

Dec 16, 2011, 12:30:10 PM12/16/11

R-Comp Interactive is pleased to announce that we are now able to
offer the ARMini computer with internal CD/DVD drive working correctly
under RISC OS.

Despite the small size of the chassis, the ARMini is able to house 3
(or more) internal devices - the main boot drive, a secondary hard
disc (or, more often, solid state disc) and an optical (CD/DVD) drive.
That's not to mention the standard SD/MMC card reader that is also
present. That's a lot of functionality, in a small box!

The optical drive allows discs to be read via the standard CDFS icon
on the iconbar, and written to using the latest versions of
CD/DVDburn. We have also updated our MusicMan software to support the
ARMini now that CD handling is possible. This makes it quick and easy
to create digital versions of your music CD collection (in MP3 or
other formats) for playback whenever you wish.

Existing ARMini owners who elected not to have a drive fitted
originally, can contact us to order a simple, self-fit upgrade kit
with all the necessary parts included, if desired.

Thanks to all those involved in bringing this to fruition.

Commenting on this progress, Andrew Rawnsley said, "This development
allows the ARMini to take its place as a complete RISC OS computer,
becoming a logical upgrade/replacement for ARM-powered machines such
as the Iyonix. We are pleased that users will be able to have the
full experience they expect from RISC OS, now that CD handling is in
place".

Information on the ARMini can be found at http://www.armini.co.uk/

Best wishes to everyone for Christmas!

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net