JDServer updated

Dave Higton

Sep 23, 2012, 6:02:15 AM9/23/12
I recently updated JDServer, as a result of a bug reported to me. If
you use JDServer, I would recommend that you upgrade to the current
version, 0.06, which is on my new web site http://davehigton.me.uk
All you need to do to upgrade is quit JDServer, copy the new app
over the old one, and start it up. All settings are retained.

JDServer is a print server for RISC OS computers. If you have a RISC
OS computer with a printer connected to it, the printer will be shared
out via the widely used JetDirect protocol, also known as Raw. The
application accepts up to 10 print jobs simultaneously, from multiple
computers. The jobs are queued for printout through the Printer
Manager. The client machines can run any operating system you like;
I've tested it with RISC OS, Linux and Windows. RISC OS still multi-
tasks very well while the print jobs are coming in and being printed.

Note that the client machines still need to have a printer driver for
the printer in use.

JDServer is easy to install, and transparent in use. And it's free!

I welcome feedback; you can get me either in comp.sys.acorn.apps or
as dave at davehigton dot me dot uk.

Enjoy!

Dave

--