R-Comp announce NetFetch 3.50 with DirectMail

R-Comp

Oct 17, 2008, 7:08:24 AM10/17/08
R-Comp is pleased to announce the release of NetFetch 3.50 at the
Guildford show this weekend, some 2 years after the first edition of
v3 shipped - a fitting anniversary.

NetFetch 3.50 isn't a mandatory upgrade for existing users - we will
support 3.2x for the foreseeable future, but we'd obviously encourage
users to upgrade to the new edition - there's new functionality, and
ongoing support/development is only possible through the loyalty of
the userbase.

The big introduction in version 3.50 is "DirectMail" which allows the
direct creation and sending of emails, without the need to load an
email program. As an example, you can simply drop a photo onto
NetFetch 3.50 and you'll be asked to whom you wish to send it. There
is security built-in to prevent it being exploited, but it provides
fast and easy emailing quick drag'n'drop.

Of course, this is the tip of the DirectMail iceberg - it can be used
by *commands at the command line, or from your own programs or
scripts. For example, testers have used it to email directly from
DataPower, creating automatic "thankyou for your order" emails, or
booking confirmations. A full set of instructions (including
examples) is included, and we're already having ideas how we can use
this with other R-Comp programs!

The software is designed to be very easy to use, and friendly, so
makes an excellent upgrade to NetFetch.

(From a technical perspective, the core of DirectMail is driven by our
Hermes program - we know several users prefer to use Hermes
standalone, and that's fine - DirectMail will still be available).

v3.50 includes various other tweaks, improvements and enhancements to
Hermes.

The upgrade costs 15ukp, and includes future support and updates, and
VAT of course!

Upgrades will be available at the show, and can be ordered now via the
usual means (phone, fax, email, website etc).

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>