New distributor for Impact database

Matthew Phillips

Sep 8, 2008, 6:19:21 AM9/8/08
Sine Nomine Software has taken over the distribution of the popular database
package, Impact, originally developed by Circle Software and more recently
distributed by CJE Micro's.

Matthew Phillips of Sine Nomine Software, speaking from his high-tech broom
cupboard in a secret Scottish location, revealed that he has been the
mystery programmer behind Impact for the last five years. "Now that we are
distributing the software ourselves, we hope to be able to bring out updates
more easily," he said. "We will also be able to write press releases in the
third person and all sorts of other fun things."

Chris Evans, of CJE Micro's, said that he didn't have much to add, but was
happy to have the opportunity to remind customers that he still has 2999
other items 'in stock'.

Impact 3.29 is now available at the bargain price of £55 for a full copy,
with upgrades from earlier versions ranging from £0 to £30. For more
information please visit <URL:http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/impact/>.

About Impact
============
Impact is an easy to use relational database system for RISC OS. It
provides for the creation, editing, import and export of data, and allows
data to be merged directly into Impression or OvationPro documents for mail
shots, report generation, invoicing, etc.

Impact also has a powerful scripting language enabling a high degree of
user configuration, greatly improving the ease of use and general
productivity.

Impact includes the label printing software LabPrint which interacts
seamlessly to allow printing of labels in a wide range of customisable
formats.

About Sine Nomine Software
==========================
Matthew and Hilary Phillips have been programming for RISC OS for eighteen
years. Their recent products include graphics utilities (DrawPrint,
DrawToSprite, SpriteClean), games (SuperDoku) and genealogical utilities
(GedcomWeb, Prune).

--
Matthew Phillips
Sine Nomine Software