smbserver

Herbert zur Nedden

Apr 7, 2007, 4:28:34 AM4/7/07
Quite some time ago Thomas Milius implemented a few enhancements in the
samba server !smbserver for RISC OS when he started to make regular use
of this tool. With these smbserver does run nicely.

Some time ago Peter Naulls announced that UPP will look into !smbserver
so that Thomas decided the best would be to forward his code to UPP
so that his enhancements can be included into the new version.
Furthermore Thomas removed !smbserver from his website to avoid
confusion with different threads of !smbserver and since with Peter
Naull's approach a new "official" home for !smbserver was there.

Unfortunately the only result of Thomas' decision was only that now his
enhanced version of !smbserver was unavailable since for some reason
beyond my understanding until now neither the version 0.08 of smbserver
with the patches by Thomas Milius nor an updated version has appeared on
UPP.

In agreement with Thomas I supply his version 0.08 of !smbserver
including source code on <URL:http://www.gag.de/software/smbserver> and it
will remain available there until UPP does supply a better version.

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>