Create PDF Bookmarks in PrintPDF 0.80

1 view

Steve Fryatt

Jun 30, 2010, 6:18:52 AM6/30/10
I'm pleased to finally announce the release of PrintPDF version 0.80.
Originally intended for display at Wakefield 2010, it's only a few months
overdue. :-)

New in this version is the Bookmark Editor, allowing simple sets of
bookmarks to be created and added to PDF documents created using PrintPDF.
The editor allows these to be saved to disc and then reloaded as required:
the bookmarks for a complex DTP document could be saved alongside the
Impression or Ovation Pro original, for example. Full support is provided
for nesting bookmarks, although at present only a target page can be
specified (as opposed to a location on a page, which may appear in a future
update).

Even more than with earlier PrintPDF releases, version 0.08 is still a test
version and I am very keen to get feedback from users in time to squash bugs
before next weekend's Midsummer MUG Show. For the time being version 0.71
also remains available for download from my website.

For those who haven't come across it before, PrintPDF is a utility to
automate the process of creating PDF documents from RISC OS applications
using GhostScript. In conjunction with a dedicated PostScript printer
driver in !Printers, it allows a 'PDF printer' to be set up. Printing to
this will open a Create PDF dialogue box, from which the conversion
options (quality, PDF version and encryption/protection settings alongside
the new document info text) can be set and the new PDF dragged to a place on
disc.

PrintPDF is released as Freeware. For more information, and to download
copies of the latest version, visit

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/software/printpdf/
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England