R-Comp announce PandaLand support scheme for PandaBoard (and case)

A Rawnsley

May 21, 2012, 9:33:48 AM5/21/12

We are pleased to announce the opening of "PandaLand" our Support
Scheme for (RISC OS) PandaBoard users, in line with our existing
Beagleboard Support Scheme.

PandaLand provides PandaBoard owners with software and operating
systems components in line with our ARMini computer package, providing
custom software (several hundred Mbs of software are included) and
facilitating easy use of RISC OS with PandaBoard.

Included in the price are a licenced copy of RISC OS suitable for
Panda operation, preloaded onto a "ready-to-go" SD card (at full clock
speed/performance - can make up to 60% improvement). Just slot it
into your board, and off you go. As with ARMini/Beagle, we'll be
providing regular, tested/approved updates. A CMOS RAM widget is also
included, allowing Panda to have the same CMOS capabilities as any
other RISC OS computer.

Other highlights include developments of our ARMini video enhancements
to provide a wide range of screen mode support and help eliminate the
"green digital distortion" problem that can affect the PandaBoard's
video output at high resolutions.

Both original Pandaboard and Pandaboard ES are supported.

Pricing is as per Beagleboard Support Scheme (BBSS), but existing BBSS
members can visit PandaLand for just 39.99ukp, which includes VAT etc.
and the various physical items mentioned above. To order, please
telephone us on 01925 755043, or send cheque etc.

As usual, PandaLand members will also qualify for discounts on
software and hardware purchases, too. Our goal is always to treat
those who join the Support Schemes as well as we try to treat
customers who buy complete computer systems from us.

Speaking of which, PandaLand citizens will be able to add a full case
and accessories to their PandaBoard for a (we hope) affordable fee to
give a desktop computer system like the ARMini, complete with card
readers and internal hookups (so that you can add a CD drive or other
internals).

Note that due to present software incompatibilities (eg. Photodesk has
problems, and Ovation Pro sometimes crashes on load) we aren't
offering this as an "off-the-shelf" computer system, but rather
allowing users who are exploring PandaLand already to have as close to
a "complete" desktop computer experience as we can offer.

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net