Some updates on the RISC OS Open site

1 view

Steve (ROOL)

Jun 14, 2008, 9:05:50 PM6/14/08
Hi all,

We have put updated versions of !Printers and !PrintDefs onto the site for
anyone to download. These introduce support for duplex printing for PCL
printers, thanks to Herbert zur Nedden. Note: there are still some issues
with this version of !Printers so it should be treated as beta quality.
Volunteers for working on it would be very welcome!

We have also put a build of !Browse on our site. This is the Acorn in-house
web browser which includes very basic JavaScript support but no modern stuff
like CSS. This should also be treated as beta quality.

Finally, for Windows users, we'd like to draw people's attention to ROView -
a syntax-coloured ARM assembler source code viewer for Windows. This might
make browsing sources slightly friendlier on Windows.

Downloads can be found at:

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads

(!Printers and !Browse are in "Desktop applications")
(!PrintDefs is in "Boot sequence related")

and ROView can be found here:

http://www.heyrick.co.uk/software/roview/index.html

We would be extremely grateful to anyone who would be willing to help us
with various jobs in their spare time (you don't need to be able to program
to help us!):

* Try out various downloads and let us know how you get on (if you run into
problems, look at the next bullet points)

* Update the Wiki page for each download for us (some are just holding pages
at the moment)

* Add your own notes and documentation to our Wiki and faults database

* Report to us any questions and issues you have (be sure to check out our
FAQ pages first)

* Donate to support the RISC OS Open activity

and let's not forget we're always desparate for developers out there to
dedicate a little of their spare time into fixing bugs and adding new
features.

Thanks for your time,

The ROOL Team.

--
Stephen Revill, Director Tel: +44 (0) 1353 740 267
RISC OS Open Ltd www.riscosopen.org

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net