!Ticker - now BB friendly

Chris Johnson

Dec 1, 2011, 12:28:50 PM12/1/11
The version of Ticker (0.86) that has been available for some years
does not run on the BeagleBoard. I have now recompiled Ticker, and
the CryptRand module, using the publically available source code, and
it now runs on the BeagleBoard/ARMini with alignment exceptions on.

The only change I have made is to increase the version number to 0.87
and change the release date, to avoid any confusion with the two
versions.

What is Ticker?

Ticker is a simple news ticker that uses the BBC News Online ticker
or any RSS ticker to provide its content and links to the full
stories.

If any users of a BeagleBoard would like to try this recompiled
version, then contact me directly for it. My Spamcop posting address
is valid.

There is no advantage in getting this version if you are not running
an OMAP3 processor.

Chris Johnson

--
Chris Johnson